Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bodybuilding

• 26-05-2019 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking to do a 8 to 10 week bulking cycle any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

What’s your age, weight, height, current activity level, current body fat %, training history and total daily energy expenditure (TDEE)?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why it 10 weeks?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nerdyguy

Hey, you can do an 8-10 week bulking cycle. Use a good whey protien supplement, BCAA, and vitamins. You should go for higher weights with low to moderate reps. Higher weights could mean 80-85% of your 1 rep-max.
    Also, your diet can be 200-300 calories over your metabolic rate. The macro-nutrient break-up could be 40% protien, 40% carbs, and 20% healthy fats.
    Let me know if that helps!
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

I don't think you'd need BCAA (more for cutting phase IMO), Volume is your friend here.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

nerdyguy wrote: »
    Hey, you can do an 8-10 week bulking cycle. Use a good whey protien supplement, BCAA, and vitamins. You should go for higher weights with low to moderate reps. Higher weights could mean 80-85% of your 1 rep-max.
    Also, your diet can be 200-300 calories over your metabolic rate. The macro-nutrient break-up could be 40% protien, 40% carbs, and 20% healthy fats.
    Let me know if that helps!
    Cheers
    You’re describing strength training not body building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nerdyguy

Mellor wrote: »
    You’re describing strength training not body building.

I think strength training and bulking are different in terms of calorie intake. As I suggested to go over 200-300 calories above your metabolic requirement, it would help in bulking phase. Also, bulking phase will mean that you would like most of your extra pounds to come from lean muscle and not fat, so doing strength training will be required to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,655 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I think strength training and bulking are different in terms of calorie intake. As I suggested to go over 200-300 calories above your metabolic requirement, it would help in bulking phase. Also, bulking phase will mean that you would like most of your extra pounds to come from lean muscle and not fat, so doing strength training will be required to get there.

Why heavier weight at 80-85% though?
    Volume drives results and if they are training with any degree of frequency, then they will find it hard to sustain hard work at that level of intensity. That's why people typically use 'lighter' weights and higher reps, to work hard but not overly tax the CNS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think strength training and bulking are different in terms of calorie intake.
    They aren’t.

Strength training and bodybuilding are training protocols.
    Bulking or cutting are diet protocols.

You describing strength training with a small surplus. A good way to get strong. But not a good approach for a body builder.

Advertisement