Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero Sympathy for Publicans

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

You see the same things in supermarkets, groups huddled looking at the same section, or people browsing beside others queuing at the 2 metre distance markers. A lot don't even bother to sanitise their hands and trolley on the way in.

because it happens in supermarkets which is bad enough does not mean it is ok for pubs though.

supermarkets for food are essential....pubs are not

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Thank fcuk the smoking ban did go through. Jesus the stink off my clothes alone the next day was sickening. Disgusting fcukers expecting it to be ok to poison everyone with their smoke indoors

Just got a massive craving for a cigarette

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

lalababa wrote: »
    I remember nightclubbing just after the smoking ban. And it was like a dead hobo lying in an open sewer drain.

Before, though, it was like a dead hobo lying in an open sewer drain, with a fag in his gob.

Smokers are jokers. I wouldn’t worry too much about them.

Smokers rhymes with jokers. That’s hilarious!

Just got a massive craving for a cigarette

A fresh one is the greatest smell ever. Must be like a coriander type thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Close them all permanently. And the bookies (online included) too.

They do way more harm than good.

I assume your hobbies include hillwalking, cycling, and thinking everyone should be like you?

I assume your hobbies include hillwalking, cycling, and thinking everyone should be like you?

Cycling, definitely. I'll bet my firstborn's college fund/ fag budget on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Slag of the active healthy guy speaking the truth... only trying to send people in the right direction. Cause we all know it's the truth. I'm sure he doesn't think everyone should be like him. He just knows it's a feel good better way to live. Jeeeeeez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭king_of_mayo

Tony EH wrote: »
    I think that the OP will find that the majority of customers were IN FAVOR of the smoking ban as well. Because the majority of pub go'ers were and still are non-smokers.

It was one of the best things we ever did as a country.

While I agree with the latter, not sure about the former. I remember some pubs 2000/2001/2002 going for a no-smoking policy, all failed and had to recant due to customers not showing up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I think you will find plenty of discussion on the pubs in the Covid forum OP, no need to duplicate it elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement