Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Is that on TuneIn or Pandora or what please?

Its on tunein..........just look under Christmas and there's a load of stations from all over the world. There's a really cool classical Christmas station from Canada that's playing great tunes you'd never hear this side if the world.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I wish Christmas FM would play the proper version of Stop the Cavalry.
    The new Irish version is just awful.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've been listening to an awful lot of Christmas FM but I've only heard Song B in the song contest. Unfortunately it has awfully clichéd lyrics. :( I presume they're playing the other ones but I just thought it was weird that I haven't heard them at all.

Bring back Funzo I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Posy wrote: »

I heard it for the first time yesterday. Really awful. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wish Christmas FM would play the proper version of Stop the Cavalry.
    Heroditas wrote: »
    I heard it for the first time yesterday. Really awful. :(

I actually like it! :o

• Advertisement

*presses buttons to see if you can red card a fellow mod*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Donated €100 today. Delighted to be able to contribute this year and to another worthy charity. I hope those who can and who haven't donated yet, do so :)

It looks like a good few posts have gone missing from this thread. Not cool guys, way too Nanny state like

I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but a 'good few posts' have not been deleted from this thread. I know because I've just checked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Did they reach the 20k mark by 7pm the last night? Was that 20k overall or just the day?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but a 'good few posts' have not been deleted from this thread. I know because I've just checked.

This is really embarrassing........that was a post meant for the football forum. I honestly don't know how I ended up posting it in the Christmas FM thread. Massive apologies for the mistake.

Football/Christmas- I'm surprised people don't confuse the two more often! :pac:

Football/Christmas- I'm surprised people don't confuse the two more often! :pac:

I'm blaming the new blower for misdirecting me:)
    Anyway cheers posy, you can delete the offending comment when you like.

Aaaaaaaaaand... silence.

:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Aaaaaaaaaand... silence.

:(

I know. Sad, innit. I loved it this year. Thanks guys, you were great.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gutted I won't have christmas FM to listen to on the way to work and in work. Another great year, worthy charity partner and all round great craic.

Roll on ChristmasFM in 2015!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thanks to all the folks in Christmas FM for another wonderful month of Christmas music. Loved listening to it for the 4 weeks when I was out and about in the car.
    Hopefully it'll be back again next Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

It was great. Thank you yet again for all your hard work! Happy New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they should stay on air on till new years day at least :(

Did anyone get an update to the Christmas FM app yesterday, weird timing for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah seems pretty good, I guess they tried to get it out before Xmas but apple don't review apps after Dec 20'th ish so prolly didn't make it.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah seems pretty good, I guess they tried to get it out before Xmas but apple don't review apps after Dec 20'th ish so prolly didn't make it.

Yep that was the issue alright.

A bit thanks to everyone for their support this year. We raised our target of €100,000 for Age Action and had a lot of fun doing it.

Hey Ronan did you manage to record the boards top ten show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Huge congratulations to all involved in raising 107k for Age Action, lads! A lot of older folks are going to have a warmer, safer winter thanks to the generousity of Christmas FM and the listeners. :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey Ronan did you manage to record the boards top ten show?

Sorry LoughC - Totally forgot to post that show Seems to have been deleted off the computer that it was recorded on, really sorry about that.

Delighted that we exceeded our 100k target. Here's the moment it all happened.

10869363_10152900167811387_3105028917199257800_o1.jpg

Could someone tell me if the Classic Christmas FM stream is skipping for them as well please? You have to listen for a good few minutes in order to tell. Absolutely love that stream and I'm starting to notice Christmas is coming again!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

yep there is roughly a 1 sec skip every 30 seconds on Classic Christmas FM in the app.

Only 214 days :P :o

Very quiet this year from the lads at Christmas FM. Slightly worried ....

No need to worry they didn't announce anything until 22nd September last year. So I reckon we'll hear something around then this year.

• Advertisement

As is well, we'll be back the last day in November. Is the App still acting up? Only saw those posts now.

Advertisement