Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P30 lite + Huawei Band 4 for €129.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

voluntary wrote: »
    Do these new Huawei phones still have access to play store and google services?

Yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Ordered this morning but got no confirmation email just changed to a log in screen after it charged me. Money taken from account too

jonny_b wrote: »
    Ordered this morning but got no confirmation email just changed to a log in screen after it charged me. Money taken from account too

It should turn up in few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

How does this phone compare to a Samsung galaxy s7 ? Was going To order this for my son

• Registered Users Posts: 21 grandstream

I'm looking to buy this phone for the Missus as the LCD in her Mi 9 Pro, bought from Eglobal in November 2019, is broken and new screen is €200 (if you can find one). Having trouble with two old sims I have for this deal, I can't remember the unlock code for the Lycamobile sim and the Three one (which was still in the pack) just won't work. Three are looking for €20 for a new sim. Anyone any ideas?

I'm looking to buy this phone for the Missus as the LCD in her Mi 9 Pro, bought from Eglobal in November 2019, is broken and new screen is €200 (if you can find one). Having trouble with two old sims I have for this deal, I can't remember the unlock code for the Lycamobile sim and the Three one (which was still in the pack) just won't work. Three are looking for €20 for a new sim. Anyone any ideas?

Order an Eir SIM online for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Basil3 wrote: »
    Order an Eir SIM online for free

Thanks for the heads up on that. Just ordered one as a back up for whenever a porting network deal is on....because that's all an Eir sim is useful for... The pr!cks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Is it hard to unlock these phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

kala85 wrote: »
    Is it hard to unlock these phones

No, i bought a code from ebay, had the unlock code about a week later, all sorted

scudzilla wrote: »
    No, i bought a code from ebay, had the unlock code about a week later, all sorted

How much is the unlock code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

How much is the unlock code

i paid 23euro, just look on ebay, check out feedback first

scudzilla wrote: »
    i paid 23euro, just look on ebay, check out feedback first

How much do you normally have to have spent on Vodafone to get it unlocked

Where is the cheapest place to get a sim to v do the port

How much do you normally have to have spent on Vodafone to get it unlocked

Where is the cheapest place to get a sim to v do the port

I posted this earlier:
    I was unlocked immediately by logging into My Vodafone. This is their criteria:

Bill pay customers:

Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date
    You need to be connected to bill pay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your account

Pay as you go customers:

Must have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code

If you know someone with an account that meets the criteria, get them to log in to my Vodafone. Then you need to hover over the My Vodafone tab at the top > Device and SIM > Unlock my phone. You probably need to use the desktop site rather than mobile, but the URL you need is:

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/subscriptions/nac.html

Enter the IMEI of the phone and you'll get the unlock code immediately.

If you know somebody who is already with Vodafone, chances are they will be able to get you an unlock code for free, which should work immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I tried that and the person got rejected by Vodafone who said the phone wasn't linked to their account.

I tried that and the person got rejected by Vodafone who said the phone wasn't linked to their account.

They have to be using the phone that's requested for unlocking for 2 or 3 days and have made calls and texts on it.

I was told this by VF on twitter after requesting an unlock code for my new iPhone ( I had only gotten an unlock code off them a week previous for another phone, so asked them about the girlfriends account being eligible for unlocking it) After a bit of back and forth it turns out I was eligible for the 2nd code anyway so happy days.

rizzee wrote: »
    They have to be using the phone that's requested for unlocking for 2 or 3 days and have made calls and texts on it.

I was told this by VF on twitter after requesting an unlock code for my new iPhone ( I had only gotten an unlock code off them a week previous for another phone, so asked them about the girlfriends account being eligible for unlocking it) After a bit of back and forth it turns out I was eligible for the 2nd code anyway so happy days.

Not true. I unlocked the phone as soon as I got it using a relative's account when the SIM had never been topped up.

Not true. I unlocked the phone as soon as I got it using a relative's account when the SIM had never been topped up.

I'm just talking from my experience, less than 2 weeks ago. I'm glad that worked for you. Be much easier that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭sector_000

Lazy & cheapskate question....

When does the €100 off "Switch & save" for the Huawei P30 lite end?
    i.e. €129 total!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭sector_000

Lazy & cheapskate question.... part 2 :D

If I get a new 48month sim with a brand new number, activate that, can I simply use that to get the Huawei P30 lite for €229 - €100 for selecting the "Keep my number"?

Then once I get the phone... can I give it my son who's already on Vodafone?

While the phone is locked to Vodafone, is it somehow locked to the particular PAYG plan u select?

• Advertisement

sector_000 wrote: »

If I get a new 48month sim with a brand new number, activate that, can I simply use that to get the Huawei P30 lite for €229 - €100 for selecting the "Keep my number"?

While the phone is locked to Vodafone, is it somehow locked to the particular PAYG plan u select?

Yes...Yes and No ! You can use any Voda SIM

sector_000 wrote: »

Yes you can avail of the discount by porting the sim and give the phone to your son on VF already. No, you are not locked into any PAYG Plan with them

What is the cheapest sim I can get from another provider to allow me to port in a number to avail of the offer

What is the cheapest sim I can get from another provider to allow me to port in a number to avail of the offer

€0.00c

48, Eir, possibly others.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Go with eir

I ordered 48 and eir. The order cancelled with the 48 SIM for porting reasons.

The eir one worked fine

fugee wrote: »
    Go with eir

I ordered 48 and eir. The order cancelled with the 48 SIM for porting reasons.

The eir one worked fine

Same here...48 was cancelled then worked with eir

• Advertisement

How long does it take for the eir sim to be delivered.
    Do I need to put any credit on the eir sim to allow it to be ported?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

How long does it take for the eir sim to be delivered.
    Do I need to put any credit on the eir sim to allow it to be ported?

I think mine took 4 days including the weekend. No need for any top-up

You just need to be able to put the SIM into a phone to receive a text message when signing up to Vodafone

is this offer over?

is this offer over?

Looks like it

Looks like it

Wonder is it still available in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 QFA17

How long does delivery take? I've ordered one last Saturday, still haven't received any confirmation email

QFA17 wrote: »
    How long does delivery take? I've ordered one last Saturday, still haven't received any confirmation email

It might be cancelled...check with chat support with order number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Can someone post a link to the €23 unlock service. Cheapest I can seem to find on eBay is €40

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

I ordered the phone online on 28th May and it arrived today. (switching from eir Sim). There was no sign of the watch though. Did anyone successfully follow up and get the watch?

Best wishes
    JJ

Jacob55 wrote: »
    I ordered the phone online on 28th May and it arrived today. (switching from eir Sim). There was no sign of the watch though. Did anyone successfully follow up and get the watch?

Best wishes
    JJ

Watch shud come as bundled with phone in same package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Best wishes
    JJ
    Offer finished at the end of May. Looks like your watch might have dispatched early June. I'd give them a call and see where you stand.

My phone arrived today without the watch.
    Texted Vodafone on Facebook and got a reply saying

"Hey,

Would you please tell me how did you come upon this offer? I checked our Huawei offers and can see that they are only applicable on the Huawei P40 Pro and the Huawei P30 Pro, not the lite one!

More details through the below link:

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

Thanks,
    Jimmy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

"Hey,

Would you please tell me how did you come upon this offer? I checked our Huawei offers and can see that they are only applicable on the Huawei P40 Pro and the Huawei P30 Pro, not the lite one!

Thanks,
    Jimmy"
    Did you get a confirmation email when you ordered? it might mention the watch.

"Hey,

Thanks,
    Jimmy"

Dunno if it's any use to you, but I did take a screenshot of the offer to send to somebody else

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AojlfhwEL9QcgvU7Twhr-Ev3kv95Mg?e=FGQyWv

Thanks for the screenshot. There is also a video here: https://youtu.be/G5k2OKmhgnc

Online support has asked for a screenshot...

Does anyone have a screenshot of the Band 3 Pro Offer?

• Advertisement

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Did you get a confirmation email when you ordered? it might mention the watch.

No confirmation email to date.

Thanks for the screenshot. There is also a video here: https://youtu.be/G5k2OKmhgnc

Online support has asked for a screenshot...

Does anyone have a screenshot of the Band 3 Pro Offer?
    Thank you for the screenshot and video

Customer Service said to me

"Thank you! I checked all of our current and previous Huawei offers with Vodafone but unfortunately I was unable to find anything relating to the Huawei P30 Lite!

Thanks, "

Thank you for the screenshot and video

Customer Service said to me

"Thank you! I checked all of our current and previous Huawei offers with Vodafone but unfortunately I was unable to find anything relating to the Huawei P30 Lite!

Thanks, "

I also have a photo of the phone and band bundled together when it was delivered.....

I also have a photo of the phone and band bundled together when it was delivered.....

I will wait for the customer service representative's reply and see if the shared image and video rings a bell

I'm waiting for customer service to get back to me too. I will let ye know the outcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

It wouldn't be the first time Vodafone advertised something on their website that wasn't available in reality. Kudos to the poster with the screenshot.

peckerhead wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the first time Vodafone advertised something on their website that wasn't available in reality. Kudos to the poster with the screenshot.

Issue for them would be to source the band separately...these were bundles sold by Huawei themselves so best bet is to get refund of 40-50 euros from Voda for the band or return the phone and get refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Knockeen

Daughter 13 y o is looking for this phone. Is it worth waiting to see if it goes on offer again. It is €229now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

No confirmation email to date.

I never got a confirmation email, but phone and band arrived after 2/3 weeks.

• Advertisement

Issue for them would be to source the band separately...these were bundles sold by Huawei themselves so best bet is to get refund of 40-50 euros from Voda for the band or return the phone and get refund.

I asked them for a refund for the watch and got a reply saying

"Good morning!
    Unfortunately it wouldn't be applicable for this to go through. I've consulted with a member of the Pay-as-you-go team to look into this, the purchase date of the phone that reflects on the system would be the only way allowing you to claim the watch, it wouldn't be possible for us to arrange for this if the purchase date is out of the time-frame. Sorry about this again

Thanks, "

How thick are Vodafone to figure out my order was placed before 31st of May.

Advertisement