Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    I keep reading it as 'White Power' and thinking you've all become racists :pac:

original.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,878 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got my delivers today, nothing really retro all new stuff from playasia. Also I boneheadedly bought the 360 version of FF13-3 instead of the PS3 version. Fecking thing is region locked to the us as well. Ballox.

Anyway got a snes Everdrive and spent the morning putting every fan translated game on it. Also got a Famicom Everdrive but the famicom is in Sligo.

FedEx also called with a Bita TV from playasia. Nice bit of kit but I'm more interested in messing with the Everdrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyway got a snes Everdrive and spent the morning putting every fan translated game on it.

Probably next on my 'do want!' list

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FedEx also called with a Bita TV from playasia. Nice bit of kit but I'm more interested in messing with the Everdrive!

A what now?

A Bita TV?

Not a Vita TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A what now?

A Bita TV?

Not a Vita TV?

It comes in a few different pieces.

It was half price but he only got a bita it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MrVestek wrote: »
    It comes in a few different pieces.

It was half price but he only got a bita it.

And jokes like this are why you are going to wind up against a wall and shot when the revolution comes.
    Or, as the Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy remarks, in a copy that fell through a wormhole from the future some 50 years hence,
    And jokes like that are why you wound up against a wall and shot, when the revolution came.

On a brighter note
    I picked up the CRT from Urban and very nice it is too!
    Thanks
    Now to get it up those stairs!

I then called into CEX in the Square and picked up a few bits

Band Hero and Pac N Roll for the DS
    Mega Race 3 and Energy Airforce Aim Strike for the PS2
    and
    The Gradius Collection for the PSP.
    The last one is a nice find, it has Gradius' 1 to 4 as well as Gradius Gaiden.
    While I have arcade ports of Gradius 3 and 4 for the PS2, as well as Gradius Gaiden for the PS, I don't have arcade ports of Gradius and Gradius 2, though I have the Famicom versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone else get their Sega book? Still no sign of mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else get their Sega book? Still no sign of mine :(

Yep! Its in the parents waiting to be collected.

I'd say your delay is due to you living in the sticks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well the rail-road is due to be coming through here any day now

so hopefully I'll have it monday

Speaking of which, anyone else back this

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling/description

I'll be waiting a while yet for it I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

These arrived today. Also downloaded Shovel Knight on the Wii U last night (loving it so far) so a busy weekend ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

No pics yet but ive gotten a lot of great stuff recently. Got a 3ds on Friday and getting a Ps Vita tomorrow. I've got a lot more but dont have time to post pics as of now.

Any recommendations for either handheld?

A little something picked up today, Contact for the DS.
    Another Grasshopper game for the collection.
    I also saw a copy of No More Heroes for the PS3 new for 14.99, must go back and pick it up, supposed to be a very nice enhanced port of the Wii original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

A little something picked up today, Contact for the DS.

I'd be interested to read your thoughts on it, I've seen it compared to Earthbound a lot.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'd be interested to read your thoughts on it, I've seen it compared to Earthbound a lot.

When I finally get to it, over the next decade or two, I'll be sure they you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I played a bit of it, it's really cute, breaks the 4th wall at the very start. I'm not sure about comparing it to EB, definitely not for gameplay imo but the quirkyness maybe?

Cidonalad already has had his interest piqued in it, but I am being mean and looking for some of his other games to be finished first!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cidonalad already has had his interest piqued in it, but I am being mean and looking for some of his other games to be finished first!

Do as I say not as I do eh! :P

Have that Contact game sitting in a drawer somewhere. Didn't think it got great reviews, nowhere on a par with Earthbound anyway I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was in akihabara yesterday and bought a load of crap. Highlights include sega rally 2006 on the PS2 for ¥200, a minty mint CIB copy of pokemon gold on the gameboy for ¥500 and pokemon heart Gold again mint with poke walker and all for ¥1500. Also got gradius and parodius in the famicom for about ¥1500 for both.

Was in akihabara yesterday and bought a load of crap. Highlights include sega rally 2006 on the PS2 for ¥200, a minty mint CIB copy of pokemon gold on the gameboy for ¥500 and pokemon heart Gold again mint with poke walker and all for ¥1500. Also got gradius and parodius in the famicom for about ¥1500 for both.
    I got something way more exciting, Mary Kate and Ashley Crash Course! And Fighting Force 2!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    I got something way more exciting, Mary Kate and Ashley Crash Course! And Fighting Force 2!

I need it immediately. There's a courier on the way to steal it.

Did you get Sega Rally with that in the pack, like my copy?
    I think it's the only way it was sold.
    Gradius is lovely, keep your eyes out for Gradius II and Salamander.

I need it immediately. There's a courier on the way to steal it.
    Are you sure you wanna risk it? I won't let Mary Kate and Ashley games go without a fight
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I love seeing games with old HMV or Golden Discs stickers on the cases - great ammunition when you see another thread complaining about the price of games these days :p

I can recall the delight felt when Sony introduced the platinum range, new games for only twenty pounds!

Master of the Universe

I can recall the delight felt when Sony introduced the platinum range, new games for only twenty pounds!

Yeah! That really was a money saver, pretty much two games for the price of one.

First PS1 games I bought were a platinum Destruction Derby and Air Combat.

I bought them already at launch and had played them to death.
    There was a while when I had played every game on the format, as a result of being allowed to take games home to play for a couple of nights when I worked in Gamesworld in my spare time.
    Air Combat I read about in the short lived Maximum magazine and they loved it but said the game really opened up played on hard, which I did and it was fantastic.
    Destruction Derby felt like a bit of a tech demo but did it's job well, single minded in its goal of smashing cars together. No feature creep here!
    I think I prefer it to the sequel tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Was in akihabara yesterday and picked up a loose but nice condition Super Aleste for Myrddin.

Ah sweet you remembered, I shall fix you up on your return to the Emerald Isle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Has The R.A.G.E increased their prices lately ?
    They were already onthe high end of the spectrum but I was there again yesterday and it looked like some games had a €15 increase :eek:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

LongZ wrote: »
    Has The R.A.G.E increased their prices lately ?
    They were already onthe high end of the spectrum but I was there again yesterday and it looked like some games had a €15 increase :eek:

Run up to Christmas maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement