Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Watching Insidious 2.. Again.. Will I ever cop on :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Watching Insidious 2.. Again.. Will I ever cop on :pac:

I got scared by a trailer for The Osbournes go ghost hunting - you’re Countess Markiewicz compared to me!!!!

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I got scared by a trailer for The Osbournes go ghost hunting - you’re Countess Markiewicz compared to me!!!!

lol, i fell asleep after a few minutes. another day.

i don't know, they're just total escapism for me :D

at least you don't wake up at 3am picturing some of the less friendly characters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A beautiful meal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My Neil Young Archives II box left Kentucky on Friday and arrived at 3.00pm today via UPS. Fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    A beautiful meal :)

That you didn't share with your online friends :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

A chilled night off. Takeaway and a glass of wine, followed a hot bath with a Lush bath bomb, clean PJs and fresh bedsheets.

Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Church is booked for our wedding! Yay! How exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was completely shattered and had over an hour of work to do for my assessment,
    I plugged myself into my Discman and went for a walk with it, luckily it had was trad rock in so I was fairly belting along.

Got a 35 min walk and refreshed enough to finish my work, the first time I've been ahead since Sept!
    :):):):):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RTE Christmas guide coming out on Monday 7th of December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Littlest chap slept great last night and as a result, I had one of my best sleeps in months.

Feeling brand new.

It's a sparkling day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Other languages. I just learned that 'As lazy as a racoon' is a saying in German! :D

It's funnier if you can speak a bit of German, but I reckon you'd still get a laugh out of the video without it :

'I was young - 22 years old and studying in Chemitz. We should have been celebrating, studying, meeting new people, and suddenly the fate of the country was in our hands. An unseen danger threatened our land, so we gathered our courage and did... nothing! Absolutely nothing! We were as lazy as racoons. Day and night we sat on our asses. The couch was our front line and our endurance our weapon. Exceptional times make exceptional heroes.'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Spotify just thrown out Donna Summer preceded by Divine and Sylvester!!!!

Sooooo much campness I am beaming!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You just need some Doris Day, after that, Gervais. Followed by "It's raining men".

Fairy lights all around the cottage, wicklow bán on sheridan's crackers.. cosy AF :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    You just need some Doris Day, after that, Gervais. Followed by "It's raining men".

like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Being off work today and planning to stay in bed for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My blissful, cosy.. BED! My happy place. I put the flannelette sheets on yesterday. Bliss!

Managed to order small Christmas tree AND lights on Amazon. Amazon is my Waterloo! HAPPY that this of all years the dwelling will shine, We all need that this year..

Just read re breadmakers and that I was going to get one way back... off to count my pennies... Although spent a lot already today.... .Happy if I can manage it.

Receiving a photo of my 18 month old granddaughter from my daughter on WhatsApp; my granddaughter has exactly the same mischievous look that my daughter had at the same age. Tears in my eyes. It's in the genes, you know!

• Advertisement

Receiving a photo of my 18 month old granddaughter from my daughter on WhatsApp; my granddaughter has exactly the same mischievous look that my daughter had at the same age. Tears in my eyes. It's in the genes, you know!

That made me TH. Very sweet!!!

Tooth (extraction site) finally recovering. Body still shattered. Dentist done for today, PJ's on, after a very bad night just need to relax a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Grace brought back memories with her mention of flannelette sheets. We always had the stripey ones, cut them down the middle and sew up the outside edges when they got worn.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Grace brought back memories with her mention of flannelette sheets. We always had the stripey ones, cut them down the middle and sew up the outside edges when they got worn.

I remember doing that ! lol....

Mine are very old ones and don't match, but they were bliss last night. Sheer cosy bliss.

Do folk not use them any more?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »

I got a king-size flannelette duvet set last year. It's mint green and covered in hedgehogs! :)

New Home wrote: »
    I got a king-size flannelette duvet set last year. It's mint green and covered in hedgehogs! :)

Awwww! Utterly lovely! Enjoy it! These things make a difference.

Happy is a well stocked home ,

Shopping arrived and in the dwelling. Lost count of how many boxes and only the perishables unpacked for now.

For some reason the coal did not arrive. The bus driver only allows one bag thereon so I cannot build up much stock. Ah well! I can beg turf? Oh I already did that once! lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭boardise

Peeling an orange in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I posted about the probs I was having with the jargon used in my assessment,
    I found someone to help and he followed the way I told him to do things exactly, have draft one done now which took about an hour and NOT the whole day I thought it was going to take.

Things don't usually work out this way for me.

Everything about this makes me TH!

I MIGHT even get a day off from it all this weekend

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

boardise wrote: »
    Peeling an orange in one go.

Now peeling an orange with freshly (or relatively freshly) cut nails without hurting the tips of your fingers, that would be the real achievement!

Advertisement