Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

LuasSimon wrote: »
    It’s a real first world problem to have worrying where your wealth can earn more .
    A growing amount of people have nothing due to many jobs been minimum wage or close to it . Poor terms and conditions etc but the rich are getting richer . Anyone with over 500K in assets outside of their own house should be paying a wealth tax as these funds will be needed to fund food banks and accommodation for the working poor similar to the UK .

Just 5% of the working population are on minimum wage and the majority of that 5% are under the age of 24 and likely doing part time work to support their university studies to get a well paid job. So the apparent epidemic you seem to think exists in Ireland isn't backed up by facts.

Anyone that is in a minimum wage job for a lengthy period of time mistook a starter pack job for a career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

It’s a real first world problem to have worrying where your wealth can earn more .
    A growing amount of people have nothing due to many jobs been minimum wage or close to it . Poor terms and conditions etc but the rich are getting richer . Anyone with over 500K in assets outside of their own house should be paying a wealth tax as these funds will be needed to fund food banks and accommodation for the working poor similar to the UK .

Wealth tax is off topic for this thread. Suggest you take it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭John arse

did you ever hear of working hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

I see your points and kinda agree, but to be fair I don't think Prize Bonds are exactly making the rich get richer. There was someone in the last page delighted that their €50,000 in prize bonds returned €450 since January 2019. Fair play to them for keeping their cash in a safe haven instead of stock market, but that's a return of around 68 cents per day.

Stock market investment gains are taxed at 33% or 41% depending on the investment vehicle, so that may sort of satisfy your wealth tax.
    Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Just 5% of the working population are on minimum wage and the majority of that 5% are under the age of 24 and likely doing part time work to support their university studies to get a well paid job.

To be fair he did specifically say minimum wage or close to it.
    Your statistic may be accurate but if an employee pays 5 cents per hour more than minimum wage, then they don't fall into that 5%.
    Nothing at all to do with Prize Bonds though of course, but there are certainly a lot more than 5% of the working population struggling to make ends meet, not only under 24's.
    John arse wrote: »
    did you ever hear of working hard?

Kind of an irrelevant point as salary isn't in correlation to hard work. How do you even measure hard work? The person cleaning the office toilets likely works just as hard as the office manager who earlier took a dump in that same toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anyone with over 500K in assets outside of their own house should be paying a wealth tax
    :pac::pac::pac:

Lets make it even harder for anyone but the rich to own property!

Always waving the pitchforks but never really thinking of how hard it is to conceive policy that balance the unfortunate in life with the privileged.

There is a reason havens exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Taylor365 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac:

There is a reason havens exist.

might start a tread on havens cv19 has impacted with limited global travel and closed borders.
    Was invested for 1 year PB return was .05% all €50 each time

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

50 squid today.
    Two weeks in a row!

Jan: XXXXX
    Feb: €XXX
    Mar: XXX€
    Apr: €XX€
    May:€€XX
    Jun: XXXX
    Jul: €XXX
    Aug: XXXXX
    Sep: €XXX
    Oct: XXX€€

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nothing for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Well done. I'd better go to post office tomorrow and set it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

At last they found one of my Bonds again - €50 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pbtracker

Nothing for me again this week :-(

Winnings on 30th October 2020: €0
    Last win : €50 Aug 28th
    Investment :
    Up to Aug 2020 : €12K
    Aug 2020 : €72K
    Sept 2020 : €77K
    Total winnings to date: €150

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Just spotted this thread again, so decided to log in. €50 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

Wins on 30th October 2020: €0
    Last win - 25th September 2020: €50
    Weeks since last win: 5
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 21 wins in 174 weeks (12%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-Dec): 4 x €50 = €200
    2019 (Jan-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2020 (Jan-date): 7 x €50 = €350

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

A double win for us today, €50 form an old batch and a €50 from the new big batch. Now if only there was somewhere open to spend it :rolleyes:

A double win for us today, €50 form an old batch and a €50 from the new big batch. Now if only there was somewhere open to spend it :rolleyes:
    is it essential that you spend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

€50 for us this week - looks like the Boardsies have had a good week :pac:

Do you have to log in somewhere to see if you won?
    I want to start saving using pb. Can I literally do this online once I'm set up

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

John arse wrote: »
    is it essential that you spend it?

Not essential, more of a tongue in cheek comment. But at the same time what's the point in winning or making money if your not going to spend it ;)

Not essential, more of a tongue in cheek comment. But at the same time what's the point in winning or making money if your not going to spend it ;)
    i knew that,only joking my friend;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

Cal04 wrote: »
    Do you have to log in somewhere to see if you won?
    I want to start saving using pb. Can I literally do this online once I'm set up

Yes you can log in here, once you've bought your prize bonds.

https://www.statesavings.ie/prize-bonds/tracker/login?returnurl=%2fprize-bonds%2ftracker#findwinners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Spend it on Tesla Puts of course! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Saw this thread on the main page and made me curious about my last win.

22nd March 2019 ,could do with another €50 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,658 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Nothing for me today. Someone in Meath beat the odds.

Prize Value Winning Prize Bond Location

€50 AEQ605118 Meath
    €50 AEQ606128 Meath
    €50 AEQ606936 Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

yabadabado wrote:
    Saw this thread on the main page and made me curious about my last win.

yabadabado wrote:
    22nd March 2019 ,could do with another €50 soon.

How much have you invested?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How much have you invested?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭carrickbawn

At last they found one of my Bonds again - €50 today.

At last...Hopefully you might get a few more wins before year ends to make up for that long dry spell.
    Nothing for me this week,but not complaining.

Sorry for more silly questions. So I got the form from the post office. I already have two pb but I'm not registered for online purchases. So I'll send off the form but how am I to send proof of identity? Will a photocopy of my drivers licence, proof of address and public services card do?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Sorry for more silly questions. So I got the form from the post office. I already have two pb but I'm not registered for online purchases. So I'll send off the form but how am I to send proof of identity? Will a photocopy of my drivers licence, proof of address and public services card do?

Go into the Post Office with your form filled out, money/cheque ready, bring ID - the post office will do the rest.

I don't have the SSCN number though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I don't have the SSCN number though

That's why you have to fill out the form manually.

Advertisement