Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

horse7 wrote: »
    Any good deals for crash bars?

Best price I found was ordering from Givi in Italy (:eek:) via Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Link.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/node/1664172031?_encoding=UTF8&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Givi&ref_=bl_dp_s_web_1664172031

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

horse7 wrote: »
    Any good deals for crash bars?

Have heard 'Heed' are brilliant value for money - they're a Polish crowd.

Prices are very good on Ebay as well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭listermint

best price i got was from this ebay store based in UK. Still think their prices are extremely competitive. Got mine 5 years ago.

Givi.

Also Sterling has taken a battering too so prob pay in sterling.

https://www.ebay.ie/str/nativeviking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

RDmoto on Ebay have a load of reasonably priced crash bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

CJhaughey wrote: »
    RDmoto on Ebay have a load of reasonably priced crash bars.

Decent kit, have a set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Lads anyone able to tell me how the hell i can tax my blade, the tax office is closed here in Cork, unsure if people work inside or not, can't tax it online as the system won't allow me,last time it was taxed was in October 2002.

Postal service only option

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Lads anyone able to tell me how the hell i can tax my blade, the tax office is closed here in Cork, unsure if people work inside or not, can't tax it online as the system won't allow me,last time it was taxed was in October 2002.

I was taxing wife's car online couple of days ago & it would only let me get so far before having a hissy fit.

I discovered that there's a problem with Motortax.ie & Chrome browser (at least for me).

I switched to Internet Explorer & it worked fine.

HTH

listermint wrote: »
    Postal service only option
    Do they still do postal service?
    Philipx wrote: »
    I was taxing wife's car online couple of days ago & it would only let me get so far before having a hissy fit.

I discovered that there's a problem with Motortax.ie & Chrome browser (at least for me).

I switched to Internet Explorer & it worked fine.

HTH

Hi, the motortax system works fine, it's the vehicle record is the issue, below is what the system says

Details Incorrect (please see below)
    Your vehicle cannot currently be taxed online.

Licensing Status Details

This vehicle is not suitable for taxing online because there is a problem with your vehicle record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Do they still do postal service?

Hi, the motortax system works fine, it's the vehicle record is the issue, below is what the system says

Details Incorrect (please see below)

Licensing Status Details

This vehicle is not suitable for taxing online because there is a problem with your vehicle record

I have read this problem on here before but can't remember who had it or what the solution was.
    Also it was not in the motorbike section but the car section.
    Maybe ask there and the person it happened to might be able to help you.

blade1 wrote: »
    I have read this problem on here before but can't remember who had it or what the solution was.
    Also it was not in the motorbike section but the car section.
    Maybe ask there and the person it happened to might be able to help you.

The times we are in now makes it very different, but thankfully the tax office replied to my email and the solution is by post:

MotorTax <MotorTax@CorkCoCo.ie>
    Wed 25/03/2020 08:27

Hi,

To do it by post you will need to fill out the attached tax renewal form and send it into the motortax office with payment.

Regards,

Motor Taxation Office
    Cork County Council
    Model Business Park
    Model Farm Road
    Cork

Web: http://www.corkcoco.ie
    Email: motortax@corkcoco.ie
    Tel: 021 4544566
    Fax: 021 4341007
    This e-mail and any attachment contain information which is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.

Watching this genius at work is brilliant. Been years since i last watched it

Watching this genius at work is brilliant. Been years since i last watched it

For a while there I thought it was me on that busa I had a few weeks ago :pac:

Gimme these boys over GR anyday;)

https://youtu.be/sULhdPMDJ4Q

H_Lime wrote: »
    Gimme these boys over GR anyday;)

https://youtu.be/sULhdPMDJ4Q

This should do it :)

Meh....... That’s blade1 showing off on his lunch break :pac:

For a while there I thought it was me on that busa I had a few weeks ago :pac:

:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I enjoyed that Blade1

I used to be a whore for wheelies, had kinda cured myself until my son bought his Ducati 821 SP Hypermotard and awakened the beast again.

But I've been grand lately, went to a mates funeral a few weeks ago and wasn't even tempted to wheelie.

Seen a lad on a ZZR1400 pull a lovely one last week, I knew by his body language he was setting up for one.. Looking around for the guards, shifting his bum back in the sit a bit and I knew it was on (I was walking), then pissed off up the road on the back wheel. It was lovely.

If you can wheelie ya gotta share your gift with the world :)

I enjoyed that Blade1

I used to be a whore for wheelies, had kinda cured myself until my son bought his Ducati 821 SP Hypermotard and awakened the beast again.

But I've been grand lately, went to a mates funeral a few weeks ago and wasn't even tempted to wheelie.

Seen a lad on a ZZR1400 pull a lovely one last week, I knew by his body language he was setting up for one.. Looking around for the guards, shifting his bum back in the sit a bit and I knew it was on (I was walking), then pissed off up the road on the back wheel. It was lovely.

If you can wheelie ya gotta share your gift with the world :)

That wasn't my video Mak.

Anything less than 12 o'clock is for pussies! :D

Getting too old now myself Mak, I'll be 48 next week (not as old as you though) :p :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone know what colour fork oil is supposed to be?

Anyone know what colour fork oil is supposed to be?
    Lol it shouldnt be grey and non transparent with a glistening metallic sheen anyhow! :pac:

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lol it shouldnt be grey and non transparent with a glistening metallic sheen anyhow! :pac:

Green?

Yeah why not!
    I it in a bottle or used out of the fork?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,897 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Different brands use different colour dyes.

If you don't know when it was put in, you may as well change it.

Life ain't always empty.

Probably the same fork oil from the Honda factory in January 1999. Fork seals need doing, i knew that anyway. is €140 reasonable to get them done?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,897 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I did a full fork rebuild once but it was a PITA of a job, so I'd say yes, if seals and oil are included in the price.

If you weigh more than the average Honda factory test rider, then consider going up a grade in viscosity.

Life ain't always empty.

Fork seals are handy to do. I've done loads of them. Can probably do full one now in about 40 minutes to an hour.

Just a fork oil change but makes light work of it.

• Advertisement

I did a full fork rebuild once but it was a PITA of a job, so I'd say yes, if seals and oil are included in the price.

If you weigh more than the average Honda factory test rider, then consider going up a grade in viscosity.
    listermint wrote: »
    Fork seals are handy to do. I've done loads of them. Can probably do full one now in about 40 minutes to an hour.
    Just a fork oil change but makes light work of it.

I'll dig out the haynes manual and see if i can make head or tail of it. The seals need to be done as that is what's causing the leak. As for weight, i'm 6' 2" and roughly 19st but not a fat lad, just broad. Thanks for the video blade1 it certainly looks interesting. If i tried all that at home at the moment the wife would probably go into labour :pac:

Advertisement