Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Copper coil experiences ?

Options
  • 25-10-2019 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I'm 32 no kids, I don't tolerate the pill well i get awful migraines and its cause by the estrogen in the pill also my doctor feels theres an added risk of stroke because of this. Ive tried progesterone only pills (cerazette) which didn't work for me so basically my only option is something hormone free i.e the copper coil. Ive done a lot of research and also work in a Pharmaceutical field but I'm wondering what other women's experiences of the copper coil are ? Ive seen a lot of people say that they had extremely heavy periods on it ? I would be getting it out hopefully in a year or two to start a family but my GP said it would be worth considering if it would be in for 1 year +.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lucy1984e

I have it and think its great but especially the first 6-12 months are quite heavy period wise, ideally if you are getting a few years out of it its great, but might still be worth trying? Also heard the hormonal iud are much more localised and less strong hormonally than the pill and some women like them too.

Advertisement