Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

app that will help me get out of bed

Options
  • 02-07-2017 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

One of the things Im bad at is getting out of bed, doesn't matter how long Ive been there for.

Ive no problem falling asleep, but I seem to do my dreaming right around the time I should be getting up which is after 7am when Ive been in bed for 7 8 hrs.

weekends I go to bed at the same time and often sleep in the morning until 11, yes I mean wake up at 8ish and fall back asleep and sleep and doze for a few hours, I really would like to eliminate this

I guess I would like to use an app for my phone to figure out whats going on

any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

aidanki wrote: »
    One of the things Im bad at is getting out of bed, doesn't matter how long Ive been there for.

Ive no problem falling asleep, but I seem to do my dreaming right around the time I should be getting up which is after 7am when Ive been in bed for 7 8 hrs.

weekends I go to bed at the same time and often sleep in the morning until 11, yes I mean wake up at 8ish and fall back asleep and sleep and doze for a few hours, I really would like to eliminate this

I guess I would like to use an app for my phone to figure out whats going on

any ideas ?

I find an alarm on a clock works.
    Think its called an alarm clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Place your alarm clock the other side of the room forcing you to get out of bed to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

The app on your phone is called the alarm clock.

I understand that for every human problem there must be an app, but really.:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Phone sleep alarm apps. Analyzes sleep patterns. Wakes at lightest sleep point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Place your alarm clock the other side of the room forcing you to get out of bed to turn it off.
    I used to do that one time, nowadays the phone is beside the bed and when the alarm goes off at 5.30am it's straight out of bed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I used to do that one time, nowadays the phone is beside the bed and when the alarm goes off at 5.30am it's straight out of bed.
    Procedural knowledge. Repeated practice become routine. Requires no thought in time. You just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Old fashioned twin bell (what my granddad used to call a "pandy") alarm clock in a steel bucket just outside the bedroom door.

Adopt what works.

Advertisement