Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awareness of dreaming in a dream

Options
  • 13-02-2007 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

I had some weird-ish dreams on Friday night and am just wondering if anyone could analyse them for me. I had several dreams about a love interest :o throughout the night in lots of different dreams, all unconnected. I remember clearly on two occasions the dream ending because I thought to myself 'this is just a dream' after getting an indication of him possibly liking me.

In the first of the two I was walking over to him and he was sitting down on an armchair in my sitting room with a friend of his that I know on an armchair looking at photo's or something. He smiled at me as I was walking over and then pulled me down with his arm around my waist so that I was sitting on him. Then he continued talking about the photo's or something and I thought 'does this mean that he likes me?' and then I consciously thought 'it's just a dream' and then woke up.'

In the second I was thinking for some reason that he'd ring me to basically ask me out and I dreamt that he rang and saw his number come up on my phone and everything and I heard him say 'it's me, ---' and then I kept saying hello but then realised it was a dream and my phone was my hand and I woke up.

It's not a terrible interesting dream but some analysis, if it can be provided, would prove helpful. I'm more interested in what the dreams say about how I'm feeling then if they indicate the state of affairs between myself and him, but any comments anyone can make will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

When you think about someone a lot, dreams can at times provide wish fulfillment? I know this happens with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

OP - you basically said it yourself. The over-riding theme of your dream was "does he like me?" from what you said.

As well as imagary in dreams (photo-album perhaps symbolising past-events you deem to be happy, as we normally store our happy-moments in a snap-book), sometimes we get verbal clues too. It's always important to pay attention to the 'dialogue' in dreams.

For example, I'd spent two weeks working on a client project and I'd let my housekeeping-duties go to wrack and ruin. I remember specifically a dream in which a random guy had come up to me with a tip for a horse (and I'm not a gambler by any means!) and he kept insisting that I should place the bet, saying to me over and over "You'll clean up! You'll clean up!".

Advertisement