Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

It says ‘Despatch Note 2 of 1’ which isn’t very simple at all really. :confused:

Also, tracking the order says it was only ever 1 piece, weighing 1.5kg, which is about the weight of what I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

podge018 wrote: »
    Also, tracking the order says it was only ever 1 piece, weighing 1.5kg, which is about the weight of what I got.

Trackpak will only show single box tracking.

The dispatch email from bookpeople (comes from accounts@thebookpeople.info) will show multiple tracking numbers if there are multiple boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Just to point out that despite all my worries with Fastway, as regards how my packages are sitting in the depot but I can't tell where they're going to try deliver to, I never actually got a despatch email from The Book People themselves.

So I still don't know what exactly is trying to make its way to me, out of what I ordered....but tbh, I don't really care, so long as I can get them somewhere and they're not returned to sender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Darc19 wrote: »
    Trackpak will only show single box tracking.

The dispatch email from bookpeople (comes from accounts@thebookpeople.info) will show multiple tracking numbers if there are multiple boxes

I've had two tracking emails and zero dispatch emails so they're not sticking to this. I've been watching my spam too so it's not that I've missed one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

My second parcel arrived today short one book that had been marked as shipped.

Just had a "stock update" email with details of more out of stock items. In total 5/15 items ordered and paid for out of stock.

Was a great bargain (thanks OP) but a total shambles. All the books for some kids will have been delivered and none for others. Kinda wishing I'd never ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Got the dispatch email on 27th may, which said 3 of the 20 items I ordered were out of stock, the refund for that has been processed already.

Three packages arrived this morning, with 9 out of the 20 items out of stock, which is pretty poor considering the previous email.

On another note, was watching the tracking on the fastway site over the last three days. Packages were going from "out for delivery" to "delivered and signed for" and "back in depot" and back again. Opened the front door this morning and the boxes were there. No idea at what point between 6pm and 8am they arrived, but just glad it wasn't raining.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just received a tracking email now (ordered 5th March), no dispatch email or out of stock email, so fingers crossed they will all arrive
    Update: email stating one book cancelled, happy at that as only ordered 20 books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

I've just received a dispatch notice for my order of 6th Mar.
    All books included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭gipi

Hearvee wrote: »
    Got the dispatch email on 27th may, which said 3 of the 20 items I ordered were out of stock, the refund for that has been processed already.

Did you get your refund? I got my books last week, one was out of stock, haven't received a refund yet.

Three packages arrived this morning, with 9 out of the 20 items out of stock, which is pretty poor considering the previous email.

Yeah my stock update says 3 items out of stock but two of the items I didn't get yesterday are showing as delivered even though the dispatch notice has them stamped as out of stock. So 5 total, and maybe more as the second box hasn't arrived yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,831 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

got dispatch email today....

ordered 17th March

all 13 books on the way !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Orders from 4th & 5th March shipped today.
    2 out of 9 & 1 out of 25 cancelled.
    No TrackPak link for one order.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

gipi wrote: »
    Did you get your refund? I got my books last week, one was out of stock, haven't received a refund yet.

I automatically got a refund to cover those 3 items listed or if stock on the dispatch email.
    Not sure what will happen with the other 6 which were just stamped "out of stock" on the packing lists which came with the books. Or the postage which was calculated based on the full order.

• Advertisement

I can't make head nor tail of it really. After receiving package '2 of 1' yesterday, my only despatch mail seems to now bring me to a new package delivery which is only at the processing centre in Basildon. No new mail from Fastway yet. So hopefully will arrive in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Received a second package today with most of the rest of my order, just missing one book.
    Shortly after it arrived I recieved dispatch email from Book People which confirmed one was out of stock.
    The kids book collections arrived which were the ones I wanted most so happy with that.

Well, after my tracking status changed to "delivered" just after 4 p.m. today, despite it not arriving at my home address and me knowing there was nobody at my work address to accept it, I felt I had no choice but to drive to the depot, 45 minutes away, in the hope of getting some answer.

Turns out the driver left it at the building next door to my own work building. In fairness, he thought it was the correct one, because without giving too much away, the names are a bit ambiguous. But anyway, I can drive there in the morning, so hopefully it'll be all's well that ends well.

Just a note to anybody else pinning their hopes on the Fastway "change address" request form on their website. Staff at the depot told me that they very rarely, if ever, get those requests passed on to them. So while the local staff were genuinely helpful, that's another black mark against central Fastway "customer service".

I automatically got a refund to cover those 3 items listed or if stock on the dispatch email.
    Not sure what will happen with the other 6 which were just stamped "out of stock" on the packing lists which came with the books. Or the postage which was calculated based on the full order.

Thanks hearvee,

I contacted them via email this afternoon, and they had forgotten to process my refund. It is now being processed.
    I didn't get any postage refunded, but I only missed one book.
    Worth sending an email to ask about your situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Brego888 wrote: »
    Got the email on the 29th of May. Ordered 6th of March. All 5 collections ordered are included.
    The Trackpak system says it departed Book People on the 21st of March.
    Delivery is with fastway. Hopefully gets here in next few days.

Delivered this morning.
    4 out of 5 collections in the box and 1 marked down for refund.
    Great bargain and delighted with the 70 odd books we got for our daughter. She won't miss the one she didn't know was coming!
    A long wait but worth the wait. Have patience everyone and thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Ordered 3 March and package arrived yesterday with all books included. Mind you it sounds like I ordered a lot less than most other people on here!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Got an email yesterday to say parcel was with Fastway and it was delivered this morning.
    Only ordered 15 books (1 a set of 3) and 3 books were out of stock, including the set of 3. I got 12 books for about 30stg, so still great value.

Second box arrived today. Everything that wasn't listed as out of stock in yesterday's email was in it. At last I'm done waiting. 5/15 items not in stock was a pain. Will never know, but always suspect, that this would not have been the case if orders had been dispatched sequentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

March 3rd order. 1 box of 4 arrived last week. No dispatch mail. No indication as to where the rest are.

March 4th order. Dispatch mail received.. 2 books out of stock.. 3 out of 3 boxes arrived today.

In total 75 euro out of 185 euro order received and no indication of whether the 3 missing boxes were ever posted. What a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

March 4 order came today. Missing good few which happen to be for girl and boy got loads. Still good deal so cheers to op

Just to say was able to pick mine up yesterday okay, from the building where they were delivered in error on Thursday. Never actually got a despatch mail from TBP so didn't know exactly what I'd be getting, but happily I received absolutely everything - 15 items (including three sets) for a total of 56 books for just a little over €80 altogether. Plenty to keep me and the young lad going for a long time. There's even a book for my wife. :D

Overall, probably one of the best bits of shopping I've ever done, despite the waiting and the uncertainty of the delivery. Big thanks to the OP again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Ordered 20th March and got dispatch email on June 4th, nothing mentions being oos so fingers crossed! There wasn't much available by the time I ordered, but managed to order some large book sets for my 3 year old, including the entire Mr. Men 52 book collection, a 24 book phonics collection and another 20 book collection for less than €35 so delighted with that if they all arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Mine still seem to be sitting with Fastway.

One box, which they said they delivered on 29th May, which then went back to saying scheduled for delivery.
    The other box just says received at Hawkes Bay depot on 2nd June.

No response to mails via their "Support" function.

Raging that I might not get them at all and no way to contact them.

Shambles of a delivery company.

Screenshot-4.jpg

anyone else get anything like this?

presented to customs..... ??? am i gonna get hit now for a UK based import?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Screenshot-4.jpg

anyone else get anything like this?

presented to customs..... ??? am i gonna get hit now for a UK based import?

actually scrap that, ive just got an email to say its been processed and its with fastways

• Advertisement

After a week of follow ups using their support function, my two boxes seem to be on the couriers van again this morning.

No idea if they have changed the address as they didn't reply to any of my messages.

Thankfully there is someone in my office today, hopefully they aren't on a call if the courier comes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

rawn wrote: »
    Ordered 20th March and got dispatch email on June 4th, nothing mentions being oos so fingers crossed! There wasn't much available by the time I ordered, but managed to order some large book sets for my 3 year old, including the entire Mr. Men 52 book collection, a 24 book phonics collection and another 20 book collection for less than €35 so delighted with that if they all arrive!

This arrived in full yesterday, chuffed with everything, wish I'd bought more now!

Mine eventually arrived yesterday. To the office, so they ignored about 4 requests to change the address, and replied to none of the contacts I had with them.

Thankfully was somebody in the office yesterday.

Hope to go over and pick them up tomorrow so will see if everything that was on the shipping email was included.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

got the stuff delivered last week . out of stock on some items ;
    Anyone knows how long it takes for refund to be processed? ( i assume is paid automatically back to the card used for initial purchase..).

go4it wrote: »
    got the stuff delivered last week . out of stock on some items ;
    Anyone knows how long it takes for refund to be processed? ( i assume is paid automatically back to the card used for initial purchase..).

Really quickly. I got three separate refunds from them (postage, missing items box 1 and box 2) and all were within 2 working days of the books arriving. If only they were as efficient at order fulfillment as they are with refunds!

They did my PayPal refund while speaking to them 10 days ago strangely enough never received it

I didn't get my refund, contacted them last week by email and was promised it would be processed within 3 working days. One week on, still no sign. Will contact them again. I got the books 2 weeks ago.

So did everyone get sorted in the end?

I got refunded 3rd June for the missing book.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Still waiting on my first order (that shipped last). They answer the phone quick enough when you ring - I've rung twice now and to summarise what I've been told: TrackPak lost the tracking details from several companies, Book People management was getting on to them and my details were added to the list of people affected and everyone should be emailed, presumably when they know more.

Still waiting! Mind you, this whole experience has been a waiting game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Still waiting on my first order (that shipped last). They answer the phone quick enough when you ring - I've rung twice now and to summarise what I've been told: TrackPak lost the tracking details from several companies, Book People management was getting on to them and my details were added to the list of people affected and everyone should be emailed, presumably when they know more.

Still waiting! Mind you, this whole experience has been a waiting game!

My TrackPak tracking info completely disappeared. Left it a couple of weeks to make contact with The Book People. They said without any tracking info there was nothing they could do and said they'd issue a refund. Also made contact with TrackPak and they said they had no record of the package at all. About two weeks ago I got updated tracking info from TrackPak and it was delivered by Fastway. Refund never came through from The Book People thankfully.

petejmk wrote: »
    My TrackPak tracking info completely disappeared. Left it a couple of weeks to make contact with The Book People. They said without any tracking info there was nothing they could do and said they'd issue a refund. Also made contact with TrackPak and they said they had no record of the package at all. About two weeks ago I got updated tracking info from TrackPak and it was delivered by Fastway. Refund never came through from The Book People thankfully.

I wasn't offered a refund, I'd prefer the stuff to be honest. Might ring again and see what story I get told this time!

petejmk wrote: »

I had a tracking status of "Delivered" from Fastway when it never was. It changed about 2 weeks later to "On the van" and it came eventually.

Shambles of a company.

I wasn't offered a refund, I'd prefer the stuff to be honest. Might ring again and see what story I get told this time!

Rang again just, despite what I said earlier was on hold for about 18 minutes. They checked on the order again, said nothing was showing up and at this stage, a refund was the only real option as they were coming close to the end (although they didn't have a final date, man on phone reckoned it could be next week).

I'd paid by PayPal so a manager has to process the refund as it's over 90 days since I paid and I might have an email before the end of the day.

It's a real shame, I'd have preferred to receive the order!

I'd paid by PayPal so a manager has to process the refund as it's over 90 days since I paid and I might have an email before the end of the day.

Had the same conversation a few weeks ago no refund forthcoming raised a case with PayPal got my refund in 48hrs.

kilburn wrote: »
    Had the same conversation a few weeks ago no refund forthcoming raised a case with PayPal got my refund in 48hrs.

Refund came through all right yesterday, then I noticed that the refund for the out of stock stuff didn't so I'm going to have to get on to them again!!

• Advertisement

Refund came through all right yesterday, then I noticed that the refund for the out of stock stuff didn't so I'm going to have to get on to them again!!

I got on to them, explained that I was due two refunds from out of stock items that had never gone through and was told it'd be sorted. Got through in 4 minutes, not 100% confident that it'll happen though, she tried to get off the phone pretty fast!

I take it all back - I've now received all my refunds and one of my two orders. Huge thanks to OP for a brilliant bargain, shame on TrackPak for losing the info and my second order!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

any chance a Mod can close this one, the bargain has expired and now its just become a review thread for couriers and paypal.

People helping and advising each other on their experience with getting the bargain and a refund more than a review thread to be fair

Advertisement