Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’ve Adams currently & looks like he’ll end up with one game, plus his concussion ruled him out of Liverpool win. Who knows , Is he an early sub then with Ings also back?

I’d be looking at West Hsm with 2 home games

Already have Soucek, Balbuena and Coufal unfortunately. Was looking at Antonio aswell. Stupid bit of planning on my part really. Also noticed I am 0.1 short (he's 6.2m). It's going to have to be Adams and hope he gets 2 games I think. Can't leave DCL there as he won't even have 1 game.

Other options are downgrade Balbuena to a 4.3 but that's taking a -8. Or instead of Son - KdB, do Bruno - KdB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking of using my free transfer on Wilson to Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

macraignil wrote: »

Thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Any reason in particular? I’m looking for an Adams replacement and Wilson was one I’m considering.
    I know Newcastle are a poor attacking side but if they score he will most likely be involved

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Any reason in particular? I’m looking for an Adams replacement and Wilson was one I’m considering.
    I know Newcastle are a poor attacking side but if they score he will most likely be involved

West Ham have a double
    Saints v Leeds will be pulled
    Newcastle are awful going forward
    Arsenal look quite good defensively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

It will be DCL to Antonio for me. Hanging on to Wilson. I don't have Vardy though and not much chance of getting him in realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Barnes or Maddison could be a good shout for that double for Leicester and nicely priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Another Wilson to Antonio here. And either Dallas to Cresswell or I'll upgrade Steer to Randolph if Fabianski is ruled out. Wouldn't mind Vardy but don't fancy selling any of my premium mids for him.

Mainly the lack of chances Newcastle are creating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Do we know if Calvert Lewin is out for a good bit? I imagine with a hamstring it is....

Was looking at the Ings-tigator as a replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

DCL-Vardy-Brewster are my front three currently, and was going to bring in Ings for Brewster, but with only one game now, tempted to go with the general feeling here of Antonio. Can sit DCL on the bench for now. Can't really see many stand-outs at the max price of 8.4 when I sell Brewster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Been debating the Wilson to Antonio move all day...and now looks like bus is almost full let's go

Manchester city defense looked solid tonight and Stones played well so also might go for Bellerin to Stones with the free transfer to give me another player to hopefully have 2 games next week. Wilson may sit on my bench for a bit longer as there is little point playing bench boost this week for my team now with the postponed game.

Edit: May have to decide tonight as Stones % to a price rise is shooting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mendy - Double

TAA - Double
    Robbo - Double
    Stones - Double
    Cancelo - Double
    Coufal - Double

Bruno - Double
    Rashford - Double
    Salah - Double

Then I have 2 to choose from Adams, Watkins, Bamford & Raphina.

2.1 ITB.. so could go -4 to get Barnes & Antonio to have Xi doubles

Or could go with Bamford & 1 other and save on the hit.

Who would you go with Barnes or Antonio.. or both for a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mendy - Double

TAA - Double
    Robbo - Double
    Stones - Double
    Cancelo - Double
    Coufal - Double

Bruno - Double
    Rashford - Double
    Salah - Double

Then I have 2 to choose from Adams, Watkins, Bamford & Raphina.

2.1 ITB.. so could go -4 to get Barnes & Antonio to have Xi doubles

Or could go with Bamford & 1 other and save on the hit.

Who would you go with Barnes or Antonio.. or both for a -4?

Antonio for Adams is what I’d do there.

Would you consider Foden for Raphina to get 3 City?

Given Antonio's injury record, and only playing 90 mins in the cup against a lower league team, any chance that Souck could be pushed further forward in games, if Antonio doesn't make 90. A fully fit Antonio with 4/5 90 mins games with 2/3 goals under his belt be a no brainer for the double, but sadly that is not the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Antonio for Adams is what I’d do there.

Would you consider Foden for Raphina to get 3 City?

100% would consider Foden & did look at it before the match yesterday.. only downfall is it blocks a move to KdB

That said though, I think Foden is becoming more & more trusted by Pep.

I do agree Antonio for Adams. Next question would be.. is a -4 worth it.. & therefore I would have to bench Bamford

100% would consider Foden & did look at it before the match yesterday.. only downfall is it blocks a move to KdB

That said though, I think Foden is becoming more & more trusted by Pep.

I do agree Antonio for Adams. Next question would be.. is a -4 worth it.. & therefore I would have to bench Bamford

Always have to be wary with Pep - Did Foden start the last two games because Pep trusts him more, or because Torres and Jesus were out with Covid issues and/or returning to full fitness.

At his price and the team he's in, he's a no brainer if you have a city spot and are willing to accept random one pointers and rotation which is what city give you unfortunately.

You can get a lot more guarantee with 6.2m elsewhere in the league and that's kind of where it's a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Madness to do Salah to KDB? Only other way I can get him in is to do Neto/Kane to KDB and bench fodder. Have no City currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

De Bruyne could be on for a monster score soon. He’s been excellent the last few games. I reckon he’ll start putting the ball in the net soon. I’ll be getting rid of Salah for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thing putting me off KDB is he looked ****ed against Newcastle Pep even said he was tired.

He isn't getting involved in games like he was and city still don't have anyone up front.

Salah is Salah he can't keep blanking for long Liverpool need him now as well.

Is Vardy confirmed to be back fit for the double?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Always have to be wary with Pep - Did Foden start the last two games because Pep trusts him more, or because Torres and Jesus were out with Covid issues and/or returning to full fitness.

At his price and the team he's in, he's a no brainer if you have a city spot and are willing to accept random one pointers and rotation which is what city give you unfortunately.

You can get a lot more guarantee with 6.2m elsewhere in the league and that's kind of where it's a killer.

Thats 4 goals in 6 games in all comps for Foden and with Palace, Villa, WBA, Sheff Utd and Burnley as next 5 his ceiling is pretty high. Even with a couple of one pointers in there he could still hit say 30 points over 6 games which is all you want for his price.

Thats my biggest dilema at the moment - get Cancelo in defence as my third City player or go for Foden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Best West Ham defender to bring in 5.1 or lower?

Can't get Cresswell.

Ogbonna next best? Seems to been virtually ever present this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Best West Ham defender to bring in 5.1 or lower?

Can't get Cresswell.

Ogbonna next best? Seems to been virtually ever present this season.

Coufal - gets forward a bit. Has 3 assists this season.

May keep Wilson

Might do JWP to Foden

Fitz* wrote: »
    Coufal - gets forward a bit. Has 3 assists this season.

Thanks Fitz. Slightly concerned he didn't play against Southampton, should I be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Does anybody know if Strujik is nailed on for Leeds?

Does anybody know if Strujik is nailed on for Leeds?

Definitely not nailed although he has played recently.

He's debutising for Liam Cooper who was injured v Man United, injured for a couple games but played the FA Cup game at the weekend and taken off at HT.

Struijk is versatile enough though. I have him in my team as a fodder and will leave him there for the moment. I'd keep him if you have him but not sure I'd be racing to get him in.

Would wait for press conference from Bielsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Thanks Fitz. Slightly concerned he didn't play against Southampton, should I be?

There was extra chance of him getting a rest as his wife gave birth a few days beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think that was more a rest than anything.

He played 90 mins on December 27th and the Southampton game was December 29th.

He has played 90 mins in the 13 other league games since joining, bar coming off on 85 in one.

Advertisement