Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

44 year old . 18 stone . Learner Bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Had a Deauville for a year or two. Fantastic thing, not super fast off the mark but more than enough in my experience.

Like most Honda's it's bullet proof too. It's not a sexy bike, but it's a damn good bike.

Much love for CB400s? I have one and would consider them a perfect bike for a beginner, and it's more than fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,026 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Good bike but you can't do the A test on it obviously.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Cant do the A test on a Deauville either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,026 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'd forgotten that, even the 700 falls just short of the 50kW. It's a poor output for the size.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Great little bike though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Much love for CB400s? I have one and would consider them a perfect bike for a beginner, and it's more than fast enough.

Yep. I literally looked for the most recommended bike for beginners and the 400 Super Four came up top again and again. Cracking bike to learn on, and it never bothered me that you have to use the school bike for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Just to update . Bought a 99 Deauville, got the lessons and today, 6 months and 9 days after getting the permit i passed the test.
    Thanks for your suggestions and Im a happy man. Used a CBF600 for the test. :D

SteveAdti wrote: »
    Just to update . Bought a 99 Deauville, got the lessons and today, 6 months and 9 days after getting the permit i passed the test.

Ah lovely! Congrats!

What was it like on the rest when ya drove a motorbike for the first time? :P (I kid)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Congratulations! However how the feck did you get a test so quickly? I'm still waiting for a date and applied months ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Congrats!! You'll never look back. Try to meet up with a few people for a rideout, there is a thread. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Ah lovely! Congrats!

What was it like on the rest when ya drove a motorbike for the first time? :P (I kid)

tenor.gif?itemid=13450306

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Ah well done! Enjoy miles of smiles ahead :) .

Congratulations! However how the feck did you get a test so quickly? I'm still waiting for a date and applied months ago

It's clearly based on skill, Other Jimmy

>.>

<.<

:D

Advertisement