Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot to merge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I love the new 500e- anyone a price in Ireland? One of the most desirable cars I’ve seen in a long time, very contemporary and classless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

road_high wrote: »
    I love the new 500e- anyone a price in Ireland? One of the most desirable cars I’ve seen in a long time, very contemporary and classless

Starting £20k in the UK for "Action" trim which looks fairly barren : https://www.fiat.co.uk/500-electric

Passion trim £23495
    Icon £24995
    La Prima (First Edition?) £26995

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

La Prima was rumored to be 38k here, but I don't know if that was pre- or post-rebates/grants. Those UK prices are after grant; so basically 30k sterling for which 38k euro makes sense.

L1011 wrote: »
    La Prima was rumored to be 38k here, but I don't know if that was pre- or post-rebates/grants. Those UK prices are after grant; so basically 30k sterling for which 38k euro makes sense.

Yes I read the La Prima was £30k which I was a bit taken aback by- granted it looks like a fantastic premium product. Interested to see what the lower to mid specs will start off at. Getting someone to spend that kind of money on a small Fiat will be a tall order I think

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    +1

Just look at the GR Yaris thread and the amount of people saying "OMG its a 30k Yaris" :rolleyes:

It’s a €50k Yaris though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

+1

Just look at the GR Yaris thread and the amount of people saying "OMG its a 30k Yaris" :rolleyes:

I dont spend much time here anymore - but only 30k for a GR Yaris ! from what I read thats an absolute bargain !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I dont spend much time here anymore - but only 30k for a GR Yaris ! from what I read thats an absolute bargain !

30k sterling most likely

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s a €50k Yaris though :D

now that makes sense !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Well at least hairdressers will be happy.

Thanks for proving RobAMerc point, right on time too

Wrong, biggly. I have no problem with Fiat build quality or reliability. I do, however think that the 500 is very much a woman's car. I certainly wouldn't drive one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Wrong, biggly. I have no problem with Fiat build quality or reliability. I do, however think that the 500 is very much a woman's car. I certainly wouldn't drive one.

Tell that to Michael Schumacher who famously was very happy to use a Fiat 500 Abarth as his every day drive.

Doesn't change my opinion. Most of them I see are driven by women.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Doesn't change my opinion. Most of them I see are driven by women.

Maybe women are more appreciative of getting enjoyment out of small things!

I drive an F56 electric Mini, got a few similar comments, I like the car because it handles like a go-kart and I can throw it around roundabouts and back roads. Instant torque means you can have a lot of fun at road legal speeds.

I see the mods are hunting in packs now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Tell that to Michael Schumacher who famously was very happy to use a Fiat 500 Abarth as his every day drive.

He also had a Fiat Croma, so....

Jayzus, a live one! :pac:

I'd say you really lose the head every time the alfa won't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Jayzus, a live one! :pac:

I'd say you really lose the head every time the alfa won't start.

My Alfa always started and never gave any unexpected issue, as does my Avensis :)

I used to get a 500 when the Alfa was bring serviced, I bloody well loved driving them.

I wouldn’t either but that’s only because of my masculine insecurities and also the type of mixed driving I do which wouldn’t suit a 500. The new electric one is still a super little car, read all about in depth in Top Gear mag a few months ago. This is a premium quality product- if the price can be made more attractive and stick in a petrol/hybrid option it can be one of Europe’s best selling cars again

It probably is a super little car. All dem hairdressers can't be wrong.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    My Alfa always started and never gave any unexpected issue, as does my Avensis :)

I used to get a 500 when the Alfa was bring serviced, I bloody well loved driving them.

Wasn't slagging alfas at all, just having a dig at some lamp on a high horse. I see he's deleted his posts now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

None of these stereotypes were funny the first million times we heard them, never mind ruining every motoring thread with them.

Are you saying I'm not allowed express my opinion on a car, on a car forum? It's not funny, it's not a stereotype, I formed my opinion based on my observation that most of the cars I see are driven by women. I have never posted this in another thread. Is that OK with you, beauf?

Starting £20k in the UK for "Action" trim which looks fairly barren : https://www.fiat.co.uk/500-electric

Passion trim £23495
    Icon £24995
    La Prima (First Edition?) £26995

Be interesting to see it in the flesh. The 500 drove well enough I never liked the driving position though. You sit too high and the pedals are too cramped. People love them. The used ones all have big miles so they get driven plenty.

Are you saying I'm not allowed express my opinion on a car, on a car forum? It's not funny, it's not a stereotype, I formed my opinion based on my observation that most of the cars I see are driven by women. I have never posted this in another thread. Is that OK with you, beauf?

We are talking about the new 500e here not the old/current one. The difference and upgrade is night and day and really isn’t worthy of dismissive derision

Jesus - I must be a right bird so, I had a 500 and I have an MX5 ( another hairdressers car despite me having more hair on me nuts than my head ! ). But it does prove a point, I have nuts, so I dont need my car to prove I'm a man !

I certainly didn't dismiss it. Only time will tell, but I'd hazard a guess that the majority of them will be bought by women, as with the current model.

We are talking about the new 500e here not the old/current one. The difference and upgrade is night and day and really isn’t worthy of dismissive derision

A lot of the old one sold on PCP. Might have been a factor. Be interesting to see if that happens with the new one. It kinda competes with the mini electric? Does it.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Jesus - I must be a right bird so, I had a 500 and I have an MX5 ( another hairdressers car despite me having more hair on me nuts than my head ! ). But it does prove a point, I have nuts, so I dont need my car to prove I'm a man !

You may well be, I don't know. So I have no nuts because I observe that a particular car is mostly driven by women? You use a woman's logic, that's for sure.

beauf wrote: »
    It kinda competes with the mini electric? Does it.

yes, but built from the ground up as an EV. Next gen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyway back to this merger.
    They say they have significant spare factory capacity and will look to cut costs.

Going to be very messy and political in deciding which factories get shut down.
    French, German, UK & Italian governments/unions will want to keep their factories/jobs.

Advertisement