Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭shmeee

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Generally follow that principle but I have to say I am very tempted to captain either Cancelo or Dias this week

Smell of Duffy captain off it..... What a diester that was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was going to start Dallas and Bamford anyway but was going to bench JWP. Wondering now if I should just BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Looks like Shrewsbury game will go ahead. Players are training, their manager is recovering at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Unsure yet about playing BB, still trying to figure out transfers.

Dcl needs to be replaced, and options seem to be between Antonio, Watkins and Wilson. Leaning towards Antonio as a bit of a punt, but not decided yet.

Antonio has better fixtures but how much game time he’s likely to get is an issue. Watkins, feel like Watkins owners can feel unlucky they haven’t seen another 20+ pts from him so far, think he will have a pts haul in him sooner rather than later, but most likely not against City, and already have 2 Villa players, so getting in another seems too much of a risk.
    Wilson... Newcastle are awful, but if they do score, he’s most likely to be involved.

Also have no City cover which is a worry. Would like to get in Cancello, but for who? Reece James, just back from injury, how likely is he to play both games? The only other option would be to sell Bednarek, so not sure it’s really worth a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

The Spurs conundrum is killing me as have Son and Kane. Dont have KDB and itching to get him in!

Same here, could easily outscore most DGW players in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Is Kane and Grealish out for a -4 for Antonio and KDB (C) with a BB a no brainer? Or am I overthinking? OR 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Is Kane and Grealish out for a -4 for Antonio and KDB (C) with a BB a no brainer? Or am I overthinking? OR 30k

I think there is a lot of hype around double game weeks. Yes some players produce excellent scores but that isnt actually common. And ironically enough it tends to be defenders.

Kane is top quality. Grealish is top quality. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if Grealish outscores KDB this DGW. I ll be called foolish now but this time a week from now I could easily revisit this post :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

It depends how much you fear not having KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Only way I can get KDB in, and looking at the fixtures long run, he is a man I want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Im looking at the same 2 moves for a -4. Also debating upgrading KWP to Stones for a -8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Im looking at the same 2 moves for a -4. Also debating upgrading KWP to Stones for a -8

I dunno I'm always very wary of pep in these dgws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Are you BB regardless?

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I dunno I'm always very wary of pep in these dgws

Ake & Laporte aren't fit, comofirmed by Pep today. Stones is playing these 2 games. If KDB is dropped (I don't think he will be)) he will play 1 game at least. Im not overly concerned about KDB as I am getting him in as a blocker for my personal leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

I'm in the same boat regarding KWP to city defender for -8. Would give me 11 double game players. Would also have 3 Leeds on bench. BB would be tempting. Not sure I'll have the bench to have a decent BB in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Ederson
    Chilwell Dias Coufal
    KDB (C) Grealish Son Bowen
    Kane Wilson Bamford

Martinez Dier Maguire Saka

I have 10 DGW players. I feel like this is as good a chance as any to use the Bench Boost. Some players with good single gameweek fixtures and most with good DGW fixtures. There’s a danger of rotation and bookings but later on in the year who knows what form some teams will be in. I also want to use my wildcard, free hit and TC around the business end of the season.

Are you BB regardless?

Im bench boosting. I set-up for this the last few weeks and basically don't want to have to do the same with my second WC whenever I use it. I willl still have that WC and TC to go to war with. it's never usually a hit for me at the end of the season. How often do you see a team with 15DGW players where a load of them get rotated anyway? Each to there own of course

Martinez

Dias - Justin - Chilwell

KDB (C) - Salah - Bruno - Son - Soucek

--- Bamford -- Antonio

Johnstone - Stones - Coufal - Brewster

I know there's a hit involved but I feel who I am bringing in are holds for a few weeks at least so that is in my mind as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Im bench boosting. I set-up for this the last few weeks and basically don't want to have to do the same with my second WC whenever I use it. I willl still have that WC and TC to go to war with. it's never usually a hit for me at the end of the season. How often do you see a team with 15DGW players where a load of them get rotated anyway? Each to there own of course

Martinez

Dias - Justin - Chilwell

KDB (C) - Salah - Bruno - Son - Soucek

--- Bamford -- Antonio

Johnstone - Stones - Coufal - Brewster

I know there's a hit involved but I feel who I am bringing in are holds for a few weeks at least so that is in my mind as well

Yeah that looks like a really solid team for the DD, debating the same with McCarthy - Stones (-4) - Bamford - Davis for the exact same reason.

The closer it is to the end of the year the more likely we have rotations rests etc. Might be best to just get it out of the way and run with a single keeper etc, on the wildcard.

Really nice team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think I am going to TC KDB he was in hard luck no to get massive scores in the last two games.

I do have a quandary though I have 1.2m itb which means I could get Sterling out for Salah is it worth it? Will Sterling be benched for at least one of the two games?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Playing the BB chip and have 13 DGW players plus Bamford and Ward Prowse, starting from -4 and fully looking forward to the inevitable epic fail :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Has there been any update on Charlie Taylor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

keane2097 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on Charlie Taylor?

Dyche said “he’s a doubt, a maybe”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone weary of starting villa players? I am starting Dallas with a single game over Grealish as I think Av will surely be at less than 100% even for the players who are now fit - I imagine they'll still be a bit fatigued etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Which players villa got covid that’s what we need to know

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I genuinely have no idea what to do :pac:

Man city and KdB are a trap! We all know it... and yet I can't not rip up my team for Kevin, just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

All week was going to get Soucek, but now i just feel like he's a transfer waiting to happen so I may just do some boring transfers and upgrade my defence for 2 more playing DGW players who also have decent fixtures in future games.

Lascelles and Holding to Wan Bissaka and Coufoul.

May also take a punt on Lacazette out for Werner. While Arsenal do have Newcastle next, Lacazette just didn't do much against Palace, and my hunch was right when I brought him in a while ago hence now feeling to Werner punt. Assuming Lacezette blanks, Werner has to get 6 to breakeven, and he's averaging 4 points a game. so think it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I thought i read somewhere that Villa Newcastle was off ? Is that still the case ? Just wondering whether im benching Martinez or playing him

-edit-

nevermind,I searched the thread and saw it was put back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thinking about bench boost again....

Current Team

Martinez (meslier)
    Robertson Justin Coufal (Dallas Bednarek)
    Salah Bruno Soucek Grealish (Zaha)
    Antonio Kane Bamford

Thinking about a -4
    Bednarek to Cancelo/Dias

or a -8
    Zaha to [anyone with a DGW, but maybe a leicester midfeilder, Barnes or Maddison]

With the -4 my Bench would be
    Meslier Bamford Dallas Zaha

With the -8 my bench would be
    Meslier Kane Bamford Dallas ?

Question

Do I bench boost if I only take the -4 ?

And I definitely have to bench boost if I take the -8, dont I ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Tandey wrote: »
    Dyche said “he’s a doubt, a maybe”.

Thanks for nothing...Dychey :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Just seen Balbuena red flagged. That’s a dose

Robertson.

Why isnt Robertson discussed?

Potential captain option also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,544 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Robertson.

Very punty. He has explosive potential but more than 50% of his returns have been 4 points or less. Only 3 double digit scores.

Salah from the same team, only has 5 returns of 4 or less from 16 games and has 4 double digit hauls.

Or put simpler, Robertson is 4.7 points per game, Salah is 7.8 points per game. So it would be very punty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    All week was going to get Soucek, but now i just feel like he's a transfer waiting to happen so I may just do some boring transfers and upgrade my defence for 2 more playing DGW players who also have decent fixtures in future games.

why is he a transfer waiting to happen. In a season that we need a squad more than every I can't understand why anyone wouldn't have him

Robertson.

Think most people already have him so it not discussed much.

Yeah, thought abotu him as a captain too, I'd go Salah tho if I'm goign for Liverpool

Shedite27 wrote: »
    why is he a transfer waiting to happen. In a season that we need a squad more than every I can't understand why anyone wouldn't have him

The main reason one would choose not to have him, is the superior quality options in midfield compared to any other position.

Would I like to have Soucek as a 6th midfielder, rather than a 5th defender or 3rd striker? For sure. But I feel the way to go at the moment for the medium term is having 5 of the great midfield options and cheapening out elsewhere to fund it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Is Castsgne likely to be back as a permanent fixture for Leicester now he’s recovered from injury

thomasm wrote: »
    Is Castsgne likely to be back as a permanent fixture for Leicester now he’s recovered from injury

Yes. Rumour has it ricardo is very close to being back, so Ricardo on the right and castagne on the left - make Jamie Vardy very deadly. Wonder if that ll be the case vs Chelsea

thomasm wrote: »

Yes. Justin the one most likely to fall victim to whenever Ricardo is fit enough to be a regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Currently on a -4 with this team.

Martinez
    Robbo Coufal Stones
    Salah Foden Maddison Bruno Soucek
    Kane Antonio

Ryan James Bednarek Bamford

Conflicted right now. If I bench boost I need to take a hit to do something about Ryan. He needs to go anyway so taking a -4 to switch him for Johnstone seems like it will balance itself out. But worried if James doesn’t play the bench looks weak. Maybe 10 - 12 points if Bamford grabs an assist.

remoteboy wrote: »
    Currently on a -4 with this team.

Martinez
    Robbo Coufal Stones
    Salah Foden Maddison Bruno Soucek
    Kane Antonio

Ryan James Bednarek Bamford

Conflicted right now. If I bench boost I need to take a hit to do something about Ryan. He needs to go anyway so taking a -4 to switch him for Johnstone seems like it will balance itself out. But worried if James doesn’t play the bench looks weak. Maybe 10 - 12 points if Bamford grabs an assist.

Bednarek has a tough game vs Leicester, i'd say 2 points likely if not less.

I would keep BB to fight another day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Bench boost?
    Sanchez, Targett, Taylor, Lookman

• Advertisement

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Bench boost?
    Sanchez, Targett, Taylor, Lookman

Nah, I don’t think so

CSF wrote: »
    Yes. Justin the one most likely to fall victim to whenever Ricardo is fit enough to be a regular.

I'm not so sure it'll be that simple. Ricardo was about to leave Leicester when he had his injury (Barcelona being touted), Justin being great this year has made that decision even easier, so I can see Ricardo playing a bit to prove he's fit, but Justin playing plenty too as it's his spot for the next 3/4 years.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure it'll be that simple. Ricardo was about to leave Leicester when he had his injury (Barcelona being touted), Justin being great this year has made that decision even easier, so I can see Ricardo playing a bit to prove he's fit, but Justin playing plenty too as it's his spot for the next 3/4 years.

The problem is that Justin isn’t nearly as good as Ricardo. In the world where a bad run of 6 games would see a manager sacked, it’s hard to justify playing the inferior player just because your star man will leave at some point. When Ricardo is fit, he surely becomes the starter.

However, I doubt Ricardo is fit to start tonight just yet, but if he was to come on for 20-30 minutes even, I would start to grow increasingly worried as a Justin owner about his future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

am i the only one secretly hoping that if the season gets paused like last year that the brains at fpl towers would give everyone unlimited transfers again as a cop out for having a terrible website?

or should i not mention the war?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

shineon23 wrote: »
    am i the only one secretly hoping that if the season gets paused like last year that the brains at fpl towers would give everyone unlimited transfers again as a cop out for having a terrible website?

or should i not mention the war?:p

Ha your bringing back bad memories!
    It was such a huge advantage with managers who didn’t play their wildcard or BB. They could ultimately play two chips in one gw (unlimited transfers and bb) then wildcard out of it.
    I managed to get 80 something points that gw and still lost 30-50 points on mini league leaders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Current team is

Martinez
    Cancelo, Dias, Robertson
    Salah (c), Bruno, Son, Grealish, Soucek
    Bamford, Martial

Subs: Johnstone, Dallas, KWP, Adams

Would the below minus 8 be worth it to play BB?

KWP to Stones (triple city defence)
    Adams to Antonio (fun punt)
    Martial to Wilson (not sure on this, I have 8.1 ITB for this spot)

Or just play that 11 with Salah triple captain?

In the end I went for a -4 to bring in Vardy and fodder for martial and Adams and TC Salah

Thank god Wilson blanked tonight because if he hauled I would of been raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

when are we likely to see the next largeish DGW?

ballyargus wrote: »
    when are we likely to see the next largeish DGW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »

Any indication of likely fixtures for it yet?

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Any indication of likely fixtures for it yet?
    Gotta see who gets through in the FA Cup really. After that you will know who needs their Week 29 game rescheduled, and after that you'll know if the other outstanding games can be scheduled then instead, or in a more likely event those have to find another week, meaning we get more DGWs (which I will pretty much need having used none of my currently available chips).

Depending on how the fixtures get scheduled and how my team is fixed for the DGW 26, my chip strategy might be

Wildcard: 25
    Bench Boost: 26
    FH: 29
    TC: The best possible DGW outside of 26.

Assuming City get through the FA Cup and have their 29 game postponed, they should have a couple of DGWs to choose from considering they have both the Everton game and the League Cup Final game to reschedule aswell as their FA Cup weekend game.

Impressed with myself that I managed to recite all that without even browsing Ben Crellin's Twitter page.

Advertisement