Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Loving it.. Best played on a console on a big Tv..

That, and you're far less likely to encounter cheaters right off the bat... unlike on PC, where it's all saved client-side. >_<

What happened to Maliwan SMGs?????? They're ****e now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Loving it.. Best played on a console on a big Tv..

nah give me a 144hz screen anytime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dcully wrote: »

But it is really poorly optimized according to those guys on Metacritic so you've no need for all those hz ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

High spec PC no problem with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    What you don't want a cinematic experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

There's no way DRM is using that much resources. I'm no fan of denuvo but there's surely more at play here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have a count of the upload shown, little bit over 150KBs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Varik wrote: »
    Have a count of the upload shown, little bit over 150KBs
    Quiet you. Don't you know there are angry tweets, Reddit posts and Youtube videos to be made off the back of this? Who cares whether it's true or even makes any sense, think of all the precious clicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm enjoying the game. Played two mission this evening. I will take my time with this game, couple of missions each day. Graphics and weapons menu tool a while to get used to especially after just replaying 1 and 2 recently but once you get the hang of them it is all good.

Got an amazing Bee shield redeemed from gearbox in Borderlands 2 not sure what I am going to do with it as I played that game to death. I wish I had it when I was playing that game but I read as I redeemed it that it scales to your level so if I was to get it when I was starting out of middle of first play through it would have probably been crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just finished BL2 there, the last two bosses were a bit too easy, but its late and im glad. I'll tuck into 3 tomorrow, just need to decide on the class, anybody know any good sites with a good break down of each?

I wanna put more effort into making that decision this time, i regretted going with Zero in BL2, didnt hate him, great damage but just a bit boring and squishy..

I went with zer0 the first time I played B2 due to going with Mordecai in B1. I just assumed zer0 would have a bloodwing which wasn't the case. But saying that I went with a Siren my second time playing B2 and that was pretty good. At first I thought here ability was s*it but once I unlocked abilities with skill points she came into her own.

I chose fl4k for B3. He is alright the animals aren't too powerful but I'm not far into it so once I unlock more skills I'd say I picked the right guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone on PS4 notice a good bit of performance drops when there's some elemental stuff being popped. Had to turn my visual quality from Quality to Performance to actually get to play the game properly

Yikes that guy can't add and you post more fake news.

There's a separate thread for this sort of crap now so not sure why your posting in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

My character is speaking with an Irish accent..🀣🀣

Just got my classmod slot unlocked when I finished last night, you can now take advantage of all the stats on them. You no longer need to have at least one point in an ability for the mod to add to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My character is speaking with an Irish accent..🀣🀣

I'm also playing him.

Anyway the game is such a blast to play. Just did one main mission and a good few side ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone on PS4 notice a good bit of performance drops when there's some elemental stuff being popped. Had to turn my visual quality from Quality to Performance to actually get to play the game properly

I'm playing it on the PS4 Pro and have no performance issues with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Is it worth playing 2 before 3 ?

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Is it worth playing 2 before 3 ?

Well kinda as 2 is pretty good but from what I have seen so far(I'm not far into it) the stories are not really intertwined imo, kinda like 1 and 2 weren't really either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In the mode you share loot is it better drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Heya, just a curious query.

Looking at the World/Zone map there's a progress of something, X/Y.

For example, looking at the World/Zone map it’s showing Covenant Pass as 5/6 – what does that mean? It’s the starter zone, has no challenges there… no idea what it is.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Heya, just a curious query.

Looking at the World/Zone map there's a progress of something, X/Y.

For example, looking at the World/Zone map it’s showing Covenant Pass as 5/6 – what does that mean? It’s the starter zone, has no challenges there… no idea what it is.

Yeah mine is 5/6 aswell. Have the map totally uncovered. My thinking is it's the number of named areas in the zone. So maybe we'll be sent back later in the game?

Anyone get anything good legendary wise? All mine seem to be gag weapons so far. I got a Tediore Firesale Long Musket++ which is basically an SMG but is more like a flame thrower, very short range.

Yeah mine is 5/6 aswell. Have the map totally uncovered. My thinking is it's the number of named areas in the zone. So maybe we'll be sent back later in the game?

Anyone get anything good legendary wise? All mine seem to be gag weapons so far. I got a Tediore Firesale Long Musket++ which is basically an SMG but is more like a flame thrower, very short range.

Don't read if you don't want to know about a mini boss and weapon drop. Mtashed has a video about it.
    there's a mini boss called One Punch Dude in the sewer in the starting map and he has a chance to drop a slug shotgun that has a 50% chance not to need to reload

Yeah met that one and he lives up to his name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

My character is speaking with an Irish accent..

Cian Barry is the lads name, apparently he's actually Irish, or at least Irish born. Trying to find out where he's from in Ireland though as his accent is odd.

Not playing the game myself, but watching a few of my friends who are playing as the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Cian Barry is the lads name, apparently he's actually Irish, or at least Irish born. Trying to find out where he's from in Ireland though as his accent is odd.

I get the impression there was some american voice director going 'this time with MOAR Irish' over and over again. It doesn't have to be authentic, more match what that audience expects of an Irish voice. Fk you hollywood. Anyway beyond being a bit OTT I think he does an ok job.

Just got a bog standard rare Jakobs shotgun, with Jakobs bullets ricochet on crits and being a shutgun you're almost guaranteed them. The pistols are also very nice. It'll even lift the heavies out of it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

kddjac on EGS playing FL4K level 10 atm

Advertisement