Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

I see David Tudhope is riding Inspired Thought for Archie Watson in the 7.00 at Hamilton. David O'Meara who Tudhope usually rides for also has a horse in the same race, interesting.

Great work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

That cherry cola won again today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Sacchoandvanzenitti is a serious ew bet in the 7.15 at F house.PP going 5 places with money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to fav 11 to 1.Lads are 4 places 12 to1

There is a lot of money for Saccoandvanzetti,i am hoping he will not go off clear fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

https://t.co/rptVvBo6YR
    What a joke.
    De Mazzaro

munster87 wrote: »
    https://t.co/rptVvBo6YR
    What a joke.
    De Mazzaro

Danny Sheehy dislocated his shoulder apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The amount of pocket talk lads giving it loads on Twitter. Ejits.

Big fields and competitive racing on soft ground means we must be careful as the better horses wait for Ascot.

Having hit the crossbar today with one beaten half a length at a big price i will not be betting as big on saturday but hope to have a bit of fun with a few long priced ones that will like the ground but are now in the veteran stage (like myself)

PETTOCHSIDE now rated 75 but won off 91 and was 2nd off 95 last year showed signs he is coming back to form when 4th lto.

Ciaran Fallon claims 7 lbs and at 12/1 everywhere PETTOCHSIDE can show that at 10 years old he is not finished yet,2.35 Sandown.

TAPIS LIBRE is an old favourite and can show that at 11 years old he can still be competitive,there is every reason to think that he has been prepared for the 1.50 at York,a race he won in 2017 and was 4th in last year.

It is disappointing that Joanna Mason who has won 4 or 5 of these type races on the horse takes the ride on a fancied one for OMeara.However that horse in unproven on soft and i am hoping she may regret it.The experienced C.Walton takes the ride on TAPIS LIBRE and at 20/1 4 places may offer some value.

LORD OBERON also likes it soft and ran very well a week ago on heavy ground and the lightly raced horse can improve for the run and at 10/1 5 places offers some value in the 2.25 at York.

AL JELLABY 3.30 Bath had been running very well but disappointed on heavy ground at Chester lto but he would not be the first horse not to like that track and the drop in trip and the better ground may suit better and this strong galloper may get back on track by winning.11/2 is available everywhere and he may even drift a little.

So 4 at decent prices might repay ew yankees or lucky 15s without breaking the bank and thats what i will be doing as well as a couple of single ew bets.

For those who like a shorter priced bet i suggest TROSSACHS in the 4oc at Limerick,he has improved in each of his 3 runs and his last run was particularly useful.Owned by Godolphin and trained by Bolger he probably only has the OBrien horse to beat and is value at 11/4.

Trossachs is 5s with Pp so I backed it ew.If not waiting for handicaps has only Weld and OBRIENS to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trossachs is 5s with Pp so I backed it ew.If not waiting for handicaps has only Weld and OBRIENS to worry about.

Great shout, saved my day.

Big fields and competitive racing on soft ground means we must be careful as the better horses wait for Ascot.

Having hit the crossbar today with one beaten half a length at a big price i will not be betting as big on saturday but hope to have a bit of fun with a few long priced ones that will like the ground but are now in the veteran stage (like myself)

PETTOCHSIDE now rated 75 but won off 91 and was 2nd off 95 last year showed signs he is coming back to form when 4th lto.

Ciaran Fallon claims 7 lbs and at 12/1 everywhere PETTOCHSIDE can show that at 10 years old he is not finished yet,2.35 Sandown.

TAPIS LIBRE is an old favourite and can show that at 11 years old he can still be competitive,there is every reason to think that he has been prepared for the 1.50 at York,a race he won in 2017 and was 4th in last year.

It is disappointing that Joanna Mason who has won 4 or 5 of these type races on the horse takes the ride on a fancied one for OMeara.However that horse in unproven on soft and i am hoping she may regret it.The experienced C.Walton takes the ride on TAPIS LIBRE and at 20/1 4 places may offer some value.

LORD OBERON also likes it soft and ran very well a week ago on heavy ground and the lightly raced horse can improve for the run and at 10/1 5 places offers some value in the 2.25 at York.

AL JELLABY 3.30 Bath had been running very well but disappointed on heavy ground at Chester lto but he would not be the first horse not to like that track and the drop in trip and the better ground may suit better and this strong galloper may get back on track by winning.11/2 is available everywhere and he may even drift a little.

So 4 at decent prices might repay ew yankees or lucky 15s without breaking the bank and thats what i will be doing as well as a couple of single ew bets.

For those who like a shorter priced bet i suggest TROSSACHS in the 4oc at Limerick,he has improved in each of his 3 runs and his last run was particularly useful.Owned by Godolphin and trained by Bolger he probably only has the OBrien horse to beat and is value at 11/4.
    PETTOCHSIDE and TAPIS LIBRA both slowly away and not far out of the places at big prices.LORD OBERON ran a very poor race and AL JELLABY withdrawn.

TROSSACHS was the star so not complaining too much as ASCOT looms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

6.37 Pool, Trap 2, around 8/11. I know it's pretty short but I've steamed in on it to win. I don't usually do greyhounds but can't see it getting beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

SonOfGoat wrote:
    6.37 Pool, Trap 2, around 8/11. I know it's pretty short but I've steamed in on it to win. I don't usually do greyhounds but can't see it getting beat.

Beaten over 10 lengths pal, I can see why you don't do dogs, stick to the day job pal...

I put Doctor Duffy into the tracker a few runs back after falling in a flat race, has ran well since and won first time over hurdles in Killarney last time out. I wasn’t impressed that day, didn’t look comfortable over hurdles, the experience will probably help but I’m going to oppose with Dona Katharina. Won last time very handy, hard to know if anything of use behind that day, probably not much, maybe patriciadplasterer - ran well in a mares maiden a couple of weeks ago. I think that was such a dominant win and at the current prices I’d rather have Dona Katharina, 11/4 with Bet365 and Ladbrokes currently.

Had not intended to have a bet today and spent a good bit of time looking at the Ascot card tomorrow,a few i picked out are ground dependent,though one wants it good another wants it soft and that may well happen as heavy rain could come in after a couple of races tomorrow and i will fim up plans later on.I did back ADDAYEBB ew at 7/1 Boyles,who has been waiting for soft and looks like he will get it 5.35 and i also backed COEUR DE LION in the 5 oc ew 5 places.

I got a call to back EVEN FLIGHT ew at 12/1 Lads in the bumper at Kilbeggan 9.oc who is expected to improve for Philip Fenton back after a couple of years enforced absence.

Mullins and Elliot usually dominate these bumpers but my my guy says EVEN FLIGHT will go well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Fairy land ew in the 3.40 tomorrow. 4places in some shops
    33/1 in pp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I got a call to back EVEN FLIGHT ew at 12/1 Lads in the bumper at Kilbeggan 9.oc who is expected to improve for Philip Fenton back after a couple of years enforced absence.

Mullins and Elliot usually dominate these bumpers but my my guy says EVEN FLIGHT will go well tonight.
    The stewards managed to get us third place..thank God

"The Stewards enquired into possible interference in the closing stages involving Even Flight (FR), ridden by Mr E.P. O'Brien, placed fourth and Hollow Sound, ridden by Mr D.T. Kelly, placed third, where it appeared Hollow Sound drifted off the rail. Evidence was heard from the riders concerned. Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards were satisfied that Hollow Sound had caused interference and in doing so had improved his finishing position in relation to Even Flight (Fr). The Stewards therefore reversed the Judge's placings of the both horses. Furthermore, the Stewards were of the opinion that Mr D.T. Kelly was in breach of Rule 214 in that he had ridden carelessly and having considered his record, they suspended him for 2 racedays"

I may be wrong but i think results may favour those towards the head of the market at Ascot on tuesday.

MUSTASHRY 2.30.
    ARIZONA 3.05.
    BLUE POINT 3.40
    PHOENIX OF SPAIN 4.20
    And two i have already backed COUER DE LION 5 OC and ADDEYBB 5.35.

Went for bigger prices myself

5.35 riven light 8s

5.00 mancini 14s

2.2.0 matterhorn 20s

It looks as if the ground will be as i hoped it would be,not too soft for the first and soft enough for the last two races,particularly for the last.

I am having 3 single ew bets and 3 ew doubles and an ew treble,PP are top price and paying an extra place with one so i may bet with them and i know one shop that offer bog on multiples so if bog is not available in all i will go there. I will also do a placepot involving the horses already mentioned.

MUSTASHRY 5/1 4 places 2.30
    COUER DE LION 7/1 5oc 6 places
    ADDEYBB 7/1 4 places 5.35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Anyone know if Ladbroke were money back if 2nd to fav at ascot today?

• Advertisement

I think they were,i did my singles in Boyles as they were money back 2nd or 3rd to the fav.

hit the post on a couple today.

Going for a 50/1 shot in the opener tomorrow . De sousa on board. multiply by eight

and sea of class in the 3.40 too at 10/3 altho im not sure the race tactics or trip will suit

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

80/1 online with Corals at present, e/w 5 places same as pp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I think they were,i did my singles in Boyles as they were money back 2nd or 3rd to the fav.

Worth a trip to find out so. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

The Windsor Castle last race tomorrow, my online pal from another forum Sir Barney Chuckles put up Southern Hills a month ago, he was 16, 20-1, then only 8s now, the ballydoyle boys probably already on but definitely worth an each way interest... Also a good friend of mine knows Denis McGettigan out in Dubai, said his horse Settle for bay in the 5.00 Royal hunt cup has a right chance, Marnane warmed him up Leopardstown dropping in weights aswell, you know how they can manipulate handicap marks, is tuned to the minute for this, won it last year, horse has been out to Dubai this season for lads to cheer on. He's 12-1 for this, the green light has been given, thank me later..

ADDEYBB was a good winner for me and COEUR DE LION was placed 5th so a reasonably good day.

The ground was the key to ADDEYBB and a horse who was 3rd in the Lincoln last year behind ADDEYBB and another winner today,LORD GLITTERS is suggested as a value bet in the 33 runner Hunt Cup at 5 oc in Ascot.

MITCHUM SWAGGER is the horse and he was 3rd in this race in 2016 off a mark of 108,now off 107 and ridden by a useful 5 lb claimer he looks way overpriced to me at 40/1 with Boyles who are paying 6 places and 33/1 pp who go 7 places online.Well suited by soft is a good ew bet.

A couple of others i fancy in the race are KYNREN and WHATS THE STORY and i will have a cheeky one euro full perm combination forecasts and tricasts with MITCHUM SWAGGER costing 12 euro.

JALMOUD 3.05 and WALGEIST in the 3.40 are two i am thinking of backing but i wont make my mind up until i have a look in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

2018 Lincoln result

1st Addeybb
    2nd Lord Glitters
    3rd Mitchum Swagger

official going soft ground

He's too overpriced at 40s as you say

JALMOOD ew 3.05 ew.

WALDGEIST 3.40 ew.

ANNA NERIUM 4.20 ew and a small ew on HAND ON HEART 4.20 50/1,the softer the ground the better her chance and she could cause a bit of a surprise in this.

MITCHUM SWAGGER,i mentioned as being some value at 40s (now gone) and is still value and will run very well imo as will the other two i mentioned.

Lots of extra places and wide variation in prices so make sure to get the best value.

Precious Moments is my best bet in the 2.30 Ascot.I am on ew 4 placeso at 16 to 1.working well and expected to go close.

• Advertisement

couple from the tracker going tomorrow

2.30 last surprise 8s

4.20 pretty pollyanna 14s

3.40 both ten sovereigns 5/4 and jash 5/1. PP doing free bet if 10s wins so will back Jash with them

Advertisement