Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo all nighter sign up thread 8/7/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I'll get cobelcog to set it up on the ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Concentrated Juice

This sounds like fun.. but it a maybe from me

My plans for the weekend have changed, I'm hoping to be able to make it in for this from about 8 pm.

Will confirm and change my vote tomorrow hopefully. Will there be casuals going on?

My plans for the weekend have changed, I'm hoping to be able to make it in for this from about 8 pm.

Will confirm and change my vote tomorrow hopefully. Will there be casuals going on?

Yeah, we get full use of all the xboxes so we can play w/e we want on them until the finals start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    I'll get cobelcog to set it up on the ps3

We weren't able to get that working last year. We had to use laptops last year to watch the finals in the end. I'll have my ( somewhat crappy ) laptop and some speakers with me should the need arise.

• Advertisement

We weren't able to get that working last year. We had to use laptops last year to watch the finals in the end. I'll have my ( somewhat crappy ) laptop and some speakers with me should the need arise.

I can bring VGA/DVI cables or a DVI-HDMI adapter if you let me know what you need to output from your laptop. We'll at least have the option of connecting your machine up to one of the screens if all else fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7nationsoldier

might do! depends if i'm back from a wedding and what my condition will be...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Onion supplied his laptop last year - it was between his and Misty's that we were able to watch them. Onion won't be here this year, so can anyone bring a laptop in his stead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The *only* downside to being in Australia for the summer. Enjoy it guys!

You get to watch it at a reasonable hour! I remember watching it while "working" last year :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    Onion supplied his laptop last year - it was between his and Misty's that we were able to watch them. Onion won't be here this year, so can anyone bring a laptop in his stead?

I'll have mine with me as I'll have just recorded DoC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's the next night though, not straight after DOC right?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's the next night though, not straight after DOC right?

Yup, but I will still have all my gear with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

K.O. Speedboat VS Nutrient FT5 UMVC3 "Tea and Biscuits Match" confirmed for the evo all nighter.

Loser purchases the victor 40 tea bags and a packet of biscuits of their choosing.

Get hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Speed Boat wrote: »
    K.O. Speedboat VS Nutrient FT5 UMVC3 "Tea and Biscuits Match" confirmed for the evo all nighter.

Loser purchases the victor 40 tea bags and a packet of biscuits of their choosing.

Get hype?

Jammy D's and Green tea

Election season is just around the corner

tumblr_lgs1xeiznq1qay2uio1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Undecided on my biscuits choice.

Will confirm and change my vote tomorrow hopefully...

The poll won't let me change my vote, but I'm definitely in now. Should be able to get there about 7 or 8pm, so please add 1 to the "yes" numbers for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

May bring my PS3 in for this, if anyone's interested in VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Myself and a friend is up for this.

Add 2 for the numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Delv3r

Put me as a maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Maybes don't really help.

• Advertisement

so after talking with the guy at xgc, the prices are now a bit more cleared up. It's 20 euros per person for the first 20 people, and if we have 20+ the extra people would pay a tenner each for example if 23 people people show up 20 people would pay twenty each and the 3 people would pay a tenner each.

Of course we can work around this where nobody has to pay more than the others.

Apologies for the misunderstanding people

Also we only get full use of the consoles from 10pm, you guys can come earlier if you want but will have to rent out consoles at the standard rate of 2.50 an hour.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    so after talking with the guy at xgc, the prices are now a bit more cleared up. It's 20 euros per person for the first 20 people, and if we have 20+ the extra people would pay a tenner each......Of course we can work around this where nobody has to pay more than the others

Assuming more than 20 people are turning up as per the poll, how about everybody pays €20 a head regardless of how many arrive, and we use whatever's left over to cover the cost of consoles, or split it up and give people money back on their way out?

That way everyone's paid the same (hopefully less than €20), and we've all got a turn on whatever consoles we've rented before 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Still cheaper than a night at the dogs! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

What time are people arriving at ? Don't want to come in a 7 and have to wait 3 hours for people to arrive D: also what time did you finish up last year.

I'll be arriving at 8.

I seem to recall it ending around 5-5.30 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nah, don't think we left til 7-8am.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Nah, don't think we left til 7-8am.

You mightn't have, I left when the main event was over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

We left at whatever time was a half hour before that random cafe in Temple Bar opened.
    Sairus - always here to totally clear up any confusion.

Regarding pricing - how's about everyone pays €20 regardless and then the leftovers cover early console rentals. If there's still any left over it goes into the community funds.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    Regarding pricing - how's about everyone pays €20 regardless and then the leftovers cover early console rentals

Sounds like a good idea to me! ;)
    how about everybody pays €20 a head regardless of how many arrive, and we use whatever's left over to cover the cost of consoles........

Advertisement