Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad Thread (NO Discussion Of Personal Buying/Selling)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alexgr

My order from MicroCenter finally got confirmed and cancelled a few minutes after.

"Your order has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order (see list below)."

Sad face.

Fingers crossed we 'll see the discount in good ol' Europe soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Baza210 wrote: »
    Best Buy are sending all their stock back to HP who will be selling it for $100, I believe.
    Do you mean they will be selling them off the official HP website then when they get the stock back? Im really hoping so as this would be perfect for me. Always wanted an iPad or tablet device but could never afford one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alexgr

I just noticed that in the past few hours, the touchpad sections of the european HP sites have stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Alexgr wrote: »
    I just noticed that in the past few hours, the touchpad sections of the european HP sites have stopped working.

Could be because they've just copped someone has been messing with their instructional videos on the page ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

No doubt we will get ripped off, no way it will be sub 100 yo yo make a wicked cup of co co over here. any idea on the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

No doubt we will get ripped off, no way it will be sub 100 yo yo make a wicked cup of co co over here. any idea on the price?

It's been cut to £275 on amazon.co.uk.

04KY wrote: »
    It's been cut to £275 on amazon.co.uk.

Not tempted at that pricey wicey to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Well Best Buy have reversed their decision and are now selling the Touchpad at $99 in-store.

No news on the European front, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Harvey norman stock them but they are 500€ for the 32gb and 400€ for the 16gb. they might come down though

http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/computers/tablets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Would be nice if they came in at the 150 mark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

wife and I are getting these sent to her mams house later 2day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Yes.... but HP are dropping support for it so you can expect the app store to disappear. Thats why its cheap, it'll only be good for surfing the net and other out of the box stuff, unless android/meego/chromeOS gets ported to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

If HP flog them off for 150 to 175 € I will buy, they got ripped in reviews so all they would be good for is the flash player and websurfing. Picked up one in PC world to look at and they are heavy compared to the Galaxy 10.1.

What HP website would we here in Ireland have to buy through?

Fiskar wrote: »
    If HP flog them off for 150 to 175 € I will buy, they got ripped in reviews so all they would be good for is the flash player and websurfing. Picked up one in PC world to look at and they are heavy compared to the Galaxy 10.1.

I found a 'buy now' link on their site yesterday and it linked through to elara.ie. I'm taking the view of "if it is < 150e" I will buy. It has to be better than a 99$ dealextreme tablet and if Android can run on it then that's a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

i think its this one;
    http://www.hpshop.ie/

looks like there's a few websites though. I'm keeping an eye on uk sites too

bricky06 wrote: »
    i think its this one;
    http://www.hpshop.ie/

looks like there's a few websites though. I'm keeping an eye on uk sites too

Im going to sit and refresh the irish site all day today just to make sure i dont miss it IM GONNA WIN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

http://www.elara.ie/products/handhelds.aspx?available=checked

No change in price yet, but loads of stock available

Im sitting here with five different credit cards ready to order 5 if they become available il share the five with other boardsies, gonna be a long day though :(

EDIT: At the price i bought them plus postage to wherever you are

• Advertisement

any particular reason why you think the price will drop today? or is it just blind hope?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jtitor

picked one up in easons for 140 in limerick this morning

No reason, im free the next two days so im going to sit tight at the computer and refresh every 5 mins, im not missing this bargain zulu warrior zulu chief1

jtitor wrote: »

ya did in your arse?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Can anyone validate this? 1 post and user registered this month isnt exactly assuring

miralize wrote: »
    Can anyone validate this? 1 post and user registered this month isnt exactly assuring

If hes not lying, then im gary glitter

But hes probbably living up to his name, a tit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

0/10, try harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

If you google john titor you'll see this is someones idea of a joke

paddyp wrote: »
    If you google john titor you'll see this is someones idea of a joke

Sorry in advance mods but i was ready to embark on a 2 hour drive to the nearest easons, what a wánker!!

• Advertisement

if the price drops while i'm in work this evening... i'm sure gonna be miffed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement