Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad Thread (NO Discussion Of Personal Buying/Selling)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I got someone to go to a Walmart in North Carolina for me and they hadn't reduced the price. Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

love the way most of us cant even get this "bargain" cause of how its only on the american site :P

What's the cheapest way to post something like this to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

gone again..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alexgr

Hey guys,

do you think it's worth waiting for any european sites to make any move?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

davork wrote: »

At USD399 ?

banchang wrote: »
    At USD399 ?

No, the price changes after you click to checkout.
    I just ordered mine ten mins ago, with credit card, but never got confirmation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Alexgr wrote: »
    I just ordered mine ten mins ago, with credit card, but never got confirmation :(
    Just added it to cart and got this:

Removed items that are inactive or no longer valid.

Sadface.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

I'm nowhere near a shop right now but has anybody chanced their arm and asked in curry's or pcworld in the unlikely event they have any info, be it official or unofficial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

bricky06 wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near a shop right now but has anybody chanced their arm and asked in curry's or pcworld in the unlikely event they have any info, be it official or unofficial?

Declan, the MD of Currys/PC World said he hasn't heard anything yet, but he'll post when he does.

Edit: Currys/PC World forum btw: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1333

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Been looking to get one of these myself. Anyone know if they'll be reducing the price in the EU? At $99 it would be hard not to buy one.

apparently they are very very slow to come through...

Mine hasn't appeared either

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Just added it to cart and got this:

Sadface.

I get the same now. What I meant before was that the transaction was succesfully completed but never got an e-mail. Still waiting.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I definitely want this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I'll probably wait until they come (?) to Europe but I used to have a Palm Pre and WebOS is one fantastic system. Even if the official app store closes, there is Preware with its stock of unofficial apps, check it out.

I would certainly get one even just to check how I like tablets at all. iPads are revolting with their candystore aesthetics. Androids are getting better but WebOS is so well designed!

I hope Amazon takes note, apparently they are cooking a cheap multimedia tablet for Christmas - see how people line up for $99 tablets!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

mhge wrote: »
    ?.. iPads are revolting with their candystore aesthetics!

Bla,bla,bla........Apple police in the house:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Just a heads up to people.

I'm in NY for the summer and I've just ordered 2 of these for $220.
    HP have discontinued the Touchpad this week and are now letting them go for $99 (16GB) and $149 (32GB).

I know most of you aren't in the USA but treat this as a heads up to get a very good tablet, with Flash Player, at a knock-down price.

Anyone have any idea what the taxes/duty would be on getting one of these from the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

rosboy wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the taxes/duty would be on getting one of these from the US?

Something like 5% duty + €15 handling charge + VAT on the total including postage.

Would that VAT be 20% of the RRP, ie another €100?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Baza210 wrote: »
    Would that VAT be 20% of the RRP, ie another €100?

No it would be on whatever price was paid+postage.

So, I got someone that has a 32 GB they'd send me, which was $160 inc tax. So that's about $200 shipped + $10 duty + $20 handling + $40 VAT... nearly 200 euro, not sure it's worth it to be honest, when we might see similar reductions over here.

So, I got someone that has a 32 GB they'd send me, which was $160 inc tax. So that's about $200 shipped + $10 duty + $20 handling + $40 VAT... nearly 200 euro, not sure it's worth it to be honest, when we might see similar reductions over here.

Will we though? Plus if we do, it would have probably cost you the same, because you paid USD but here you would pay the same amount (149) in EUR!

Still no confirmation from microcenter on my order btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Looks like Amazon.com have removed their stock. Only marketplace sellers on there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Hey guys,

do you think it's worth waiting for any european sites to make any move?

Wouldn't it be worth waiting for a few weeks until the market is saturated before buying. Unless its sub $99 I won't buy it. Plus it hasn't sucessfully ported android yet

davork wrote: »
    apparently they are very very slow to come through...

Mine hasn't appeared either

sounds like they are busy!

(And Microcentre order has been cancelled - no stock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

smk89 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be worth waiting for a few weeks until the market is saturated before buying. Unless its sub $99 I won't buy it. Plus it hasn't sucessfully ported android yet

God loves an optimist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Would advise holding off and buying in UK or Ireland, seems that Best Buy have only sold 25,000 out of their allocation of 270,000 !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/8711050/HP-TouchPad-crushed-by-Apple-iPad.html

Best Buy are sending all their stock back to HP who will be selling it for $100, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Best Buy are sending all their stock back to HP who will be selling it for $100, I believe.

Yea, the thought is over here is that HP will be selling them on, on Monday. Also rumours are flowing that PC Richards have massive stocks of them. Thats where I bought my two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement