Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Not exactly sports related but in case anyone missed the news, NowTV app is now available on Firestick. Prime video is also available on the NowTV stick. The bottom line is that you only need to use one stick instead of two

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Anything4883

Never again - Live sports goes Blurry every 5 mins watching on Smart TV app.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Never again - Live sports goes Blurry every 5 mins watching on Smart TV app.
    More likely your wifi acting up so im watching it week in week out on my smart tv but admitadely am on virgin media 500mb BB over wifi have you tried wiring the tv direct and comparing if feasible?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Anything4883

Tom1991 wrote: »
    More likely your wifi acting up so im watching it week in week out on my smart tv but admitadely am on virgin media 500mb BB over wifi have you tried wiring the tv direct and comparing if feasible?

Really? No haven't tried that. I've heard of others having same issue as me tho. Anything else I stream doesn't seem to have that problem.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Really? No haven't tried that. I've heard of others having same issue as me tho. Anything else I stream doesn't seem to have that problem.:(
    Im on a samsung series 5 from 2019.Live events are always harder to compensate for adaptive wifi speed so id say the sky app is aggressively switching to the lowest res (sound only with a blur) where as stuff like netflix etc are much more robust in balancing fidelity and internet speed.Ive had moments of what you describe once in 7/8 hours of watching nfl on a sunday but never more than that.
    Wifi is a rabbit hole of trying to fix between providers using cheaper routers to gimped antennas so you buy range extenders from your provider.Ive used a powerline adapter for my work computer upstairs as the signal is dreadful in that room and it made my life easier as i could wire directly into that and get near the same speed as plugged into the router though u need a spare wall socket for that in both rooms as they dont play well with multi socket or surge protectors.But are cheap enough at about 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Spn744 wrote: »
    Would anyone share a sky sports pass €23 so €11.50 each a month, now TV allow 2 devices at a time so perfect to share :) I can set up account or pay someone.

I'm in for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Am I seeing things or has the quality increased recently?

Looks like 1080p and not 720p like what was previously stated I think.

I know it’s an available add-on for U.K. customers but maybe we’re getting 1080p?

My current €40 per month offer comes to an end on February 9th but I see they are offering 3 months @ €36.50pm now, expires April 4th

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

FourFourFM wrote: »

I know it’s an available add-on for U.K. customers but maybe we’re getting 1080p?

My current €40 per month offer comes to an end on February 9th but I see they are offering 3 months @ €36.50pm now, expires April 4th

Picked up a stick in Harvey Norman with a month of sports and sports extra for €30, intending to use the sports extra for the European Rugby and the sports for the lions tour in July (fingers crossed it happens)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

Yeah certainly better than last season for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

These regularly drop to €29 , I have bought 2 batches of 6 and activate when required , https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/tv-and-audio-accessories/internet-tv-boxes/now-tv-smart-stick-sports-bundle-1-month.html

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

I got an email earlier in the week offering sports extra (BT & premier Sports) for 3 months for €30. I thought it may be account specific but a few friends has also successfully used it. Offer expires 31 January.

After offer, Sports Extra Pass auto renews at €34 per month unless cancelled. You can cancel anytime. Voucher code: NOWSPXJANG87

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sign-in?return=/ie/account/passes/voucher/SPORTS_EXTRA_MONTH_PASS/NOWSPXJANG87&cid=DM674133&bid=468590425&tid=lDuapZqlcYenbeCEgJE%2BlwR6MQM15XC2xoF%2BsI%2BPQzg=

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    I got an email earlier in the week offering sports extra (BT & premier Sports) for 3 months for €30. I thought it may be account specific but a few friends has also successfully used it. Offer expires 31 January.

After offer, Sports Extra Pass auto renews at €34 per month unless cancelled. You can cancel anytime. Voucher code: NOWSPXJANG87

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sign-in?return=/ie/account/passes/voucher/SPORTS_EXTRA_MONTH_PASS/NOWSPXJANG87&cid=DM674133&bid=468590425&tid=lDuapZqlcYenbeCEgJE%2BlwR6MQM15XC2xoF%2BsI%2BPQzg=

Cheers for that , worked here for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Cheers for that , worked here for me. :)

Worked for me too, thanks for that, can watch the Spurs-Pool game tonight

Sorry just to confirm, this is a once off payment of €30 that covers the sports extra for 3 months right? Not €30pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Sorry just to confirm, this is a once off payment of €30 that covers the sports extra for 3 months right? Not €30pm?

30 once off payment , runs till 28th april but cancel before the 28th of april

set reminder in phone to cancel april sometime is best way to remind yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I thought that too watching last night, I thought the picture quality was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

I subscribed at the weekend and watched BT on Saturday and I thought the quality was abysmal. The midweek games have been close to Sky HD on my Virgin box though.

I had my TV replaced in the meantime (same model) so I thought that might have something to do with it but nothing else has shown such a marked improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I was on this as well, @ruddy1987's offer got added onto my Sports Extra Pass, so have that till May 9th.

I then put for the the cancellation of the Sky Sports pass, clicking the "I cant afford it at the moment" and got Sky Sports pass for 6months at for 23.40 til Aug 9th.

So 33.40 until May 9th, then I'll probably cancel the Extra unless a new offer comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I’m on an offer of 2 months for 34 that will finish around 25th feb. Can I avail of this now and have it kick in after that? Or what would happen?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

nialldinho wrote: »
    I’m on an offer of 2 months for 34 that will finish around 25th feb. Can I avail of this now and have it kick in after that? Or what would happen?

Thanks

Seems so, that's how it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Seems so, that's how it worked for me.

Great. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭stoves1

hi if i sign up to now tv i have the app on my tv and then would i log in to my ac and use the code and get the sports bt/premier for the 3 months? pls

Healio wrote: »
    I was on this as well, @ruddy1987's offer got added onto my Sports Extra Pass, so have that till May 9th.

I then put for the the cancellation of the Sky Sports pass, clicking the "I cant afford it at the moment" and got Sky Sports pass for 6months at for 23.40 til Aug 9th.

So 33.40 until May 9th, then I'll probably cancel the Extra unless a new offer comes out.

I will try that but the Sky Sports pass is on offer for €19.50pm for 3 months now right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Basket blocks adding the 36.50 per month deal, if you have an active pass already. Although they both seem to be separate at sign up level.

So you may need to let your current pass lapse (for a day), and then sign up again at 19.50 for the Sky Sports Only for 3 months.

I added the 30 offer first, so may have snookered myself in that regard.

Healio wrote: »
    The T & C's say you cant get the 36.50 per month if you have an active pass already. Although they both seem to be separate at sign up level.

So you may need to let your current pass lapse (for a day), and then sign up again at 36.50 for the 3 months.

I added the 30 offer first, so may have snookered myself in that regard.

Yeah I successfully added Sports Extra once of for €30. Cancelled my Sky Sports which will run until 9th Feb. Trying to add the €19.50pm offer for Sports but it removes from my basket when I try that as I have an active pass. I’ll try again on the 9th Feb when it expires, should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Ive only just resigned up to the sports extra at €17 pm, my sky sports has just expired and they have offered me the 3 months at €19.50, I tried to change to the €30 for 3 months but I’d need to let my current sub expire so I’ll just stick with what I have. €36.50 for all the channels is still a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Thank you. This also worked for me. I've a teenage Spurs fan here who is now delighted

I used to pay €70 a month to Sky TV. Cancelled Sky and I split Now TV in half with a mate. It's a great legitimate option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I used to pay €70 a month to Sky before using this service that I now split in half with a mate. It's a great legitimate option.

How many devices can you log on at the same time for watching sports?

Advertisement