Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Descriptions that make you think twice about people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I don't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

I'm the type of person who doesn't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

killanena wrote: »
    No joke, I got handed a CV off a student last week looking for Summer work and she mentioned her veganism..

WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I don't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

I'm the type of person who doesn't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

As the saying goes; when a man speaks of his strength, he whispers his weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

No joke, I got handed a CV off a student last week looking for Summer work and she mentioned her veganism..

At least it's not one of the grounds for discrimination... File under G for gobshyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Middle management that refer to themselves as 'leaders' instead of managers.

They are two completely different roles with very exact and conflicting approaches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Is the slaughter house taking on a few extra hands for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If on a YouTube video says so and so destroyed, embarrassed etc someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Internet forum moderators...

Screams of having no life/hobbies and a desperate need for any type of status above other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Socialite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Internet forum moderators...

Screams of having no life/hobbies and a desperate need for any type of status above other people.

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Whenever anyone uses the phrase "holistic approach" in a work environment I immediately write the person off as a spoofer

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Socialite

Aka coke scrounger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Wacky people or people who think they're kooky..

Anybody who says 'I like to shoot from the hip'
    Yeah? I'd like to shoot you in the face!

People who let things happen “organically “

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

"I'm not religious but I'm a very spiritual person"

Stfu!

Whenever anyone uses the phrase "holistic approach" in a work environment I immediately write the person off as a spoofer
    Or
    "Heuristic approach"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When she says shes bubbly you just know she'll be an absolute pain in the hole to put up with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

... now, I don't mean to be rude but...*insert horribly rude sentiment here*

Saying I don't mean to be does not negate anything further you say you absolute twat!

Or
    "Heuristic approach"

It’s a perfectly cromulent word.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

Middle management that refer to themselves as 'leaders' instead of managers.

And they're not even managers.

If your "followers" only follow you to the point the first pay cheque bounces, or to put it another way; the "inspiration" of your inspired "leadership" dries up, your not really much of a leader.

The worst story of this crap I have, is when I was working for a company based in Ireland, but American owned. Some worthless dreg, in America decided it would be a fantastic idea, if the workers and line managers in Ireland were forced to use baseball terms, for general communication....That way the production would be like a sporting event, with all that "excellences" sport entails. We had to call the line managers "coach"...which was just about manageable......The rest of the terms, I would imagine, every school child in America would know...but in Ireland, where baseball is not even a thing....In the training session, the line manager crumpled up and admitted he had no f'ing idea what any of these phrases meant....He'd been given a list of these terms without any kind of translation, we just had to learn them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Woke.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

When Americans with Irish heritage describe themselves as Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

jR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Quirky

Good Looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Knew a Cuban woman years ago who justified her sh!tty behaviour by saying 'I'm Latino, thats what we do/say.' No, you're just an ignorant selfish wagon

Porklife wrote: »
    ... now, I don't mean to be rude but...*insert horribly rude sentiment here*

Saying I don't mean to be does not negate anything further you say you absolute twat!

In a similar vein...

"With the greatest respect...."

Proceeds to be the very opposite of respectful, usually to the point of boorish obnoxiousness.

White witch

Social Media coordinator, basically setting up fake twitter accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Knew a Cuban woman years ago who justified her sh!tty behaviour by saying 'I'm Latino, thats what we do/say.' No, you're just an ignorant selfish wagon

There's certain truth to every stereotype. That's how they come to be in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

If someone introduced themselves as a disrupter I'd disrupt their facial features.

Now I'd find someone who proclaims to disrupt someone's facial features over some stupid internet description much more troublesome.

Advertisement