Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

what happens if you don't deserve much??

Be genuine, forgive yourself for bad past experiences, try be a good person and respect yourself and others. We deserve the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

qwertyabcd wrote: »
    I have the problem that I am quite happy in my own company, I live with my sister and her fella and honestly its enough to put me off a relationship for a while

It's putting you off relationships or threesomes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I know guys on it that say they are looking for a relationship because they'll reel the vulnerable girls in, do their 'business' and get out. Sick really!

Well if the girl was naive enough to sleep with a guy straight away then what's to be expected? Plus its not like she would have been forced into it. She would have wanted it too.

gillmelly wrote: »
    It's good to have high standards, but almost no one will tick off all the boxes. Decent, kind, and funny goes a long way.

I agree but of course I need some attraction to the person too, maybe that would come out in having a good sense of humour or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gillmelly

It's putting you off relationships or threesomes?

^ there's always one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cindrella

Have to agree with op its very hard to meet someone decent tried dating sites,apps and by time i get third message its normally want to swap numbers in horny etc not that there is anything wrong with sec flirting but there is a time and place how about getting to know me first ?

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Well if the girl was naive enough to sleep with a guy straight away then what's to be expected? Plus its not like she would have been forced into it. She would have wanted it too.

I agree but I still think it's wrong to intentionally lead someone on like that

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. Just not too pushed any more. I'm well used to being single and not relying on someone or having to worry about anyone but yourself is kinda great.

Tried online dating as well and it is just a disaster zone. Either headcases, people just looking for attention or women with ridiculously lofty standards.

That's it in a nutshell. I have found that if you have a good few hobbies and interests then being single isn't that big of a deal after a while.

Online dating is awful absolutely awful. I always feel uncomfortable on those site. Its hard to find someone to hold a decent conversation even worse if you message someone and they don't message back it gets disheartening very quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

cindrella wrote: »
    Have to agree with op its very hard to meet someone decent tried dating sites,apps and by time i get third message its normally want to swap numbers in horny etc not that there is anything wrong with sec flirting but there is a time and place how about getting to know me first ?

Sure we can get to know each other over breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Yes pure fed up. It sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Nah yer grand, I'll dont eat breakfast thanks.

>.>
    <.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Fcuk no!

I'm just about to watch Tremors for the gazillionth time, no woman would put up with that kind of obsession. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Fcuk no!

I'm just about to watch Tremors for the gazillionth time, no woman would put up with that kind of obsession. :D

Tremors?

could at least pick a decent film like Fight Club! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Not when I think about the alternative. Delighted to be suiting myself and myself only these days :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

My friend wants to know, does your username reflect your bedroom activities? He doesn't have a Boards account, so you can pm me if you wish, and I'll let him reply with my account. Kind regards :)

deise08 wrote: »
    Tremors?

I don't think he dreams of beating them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Have to say I'm not unhappy being single myself.

I agree but I still think it's wrong to intentionally lead someone on like that

Well if he just wanted sex on the first date and she didn't, chances are she's not going to go ahead with it.

Aphex wrote: »
    My friend wants to know, does your username reflect your bedroom activities? He doesn't have a Boards account, so you can pm me if you wish, and I'll let him reply with my account. Kind regards :)

If you're familiar with Hitler's bedroom antics, that might answer your friends question

• Advertisement

If you're familiar with Hitler's bedroom antics, that might answer your friends question

Hmmm, no wonder they leave . . . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Tremors?

Ah Tremors is class. Kevin Bacon, Reba McIntyre, Sierra Nevada landscape, worms. Has it all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cindrella

lol are u making it

Well if he just wanted sex on the first date and she didn't, chances are she's not going to go ahead with it.

Some people have sex on a first date and still want a relationship, not me but there are some and if there is someone leading a person on just for the sex, then I think that is wrong

Hmmm, no wonder they leave . . . :)

Haha

Haha

sorry babe, couldn't resist . . .

• Advertisement

tim3000 wrote: »
    I have found that if you have a good few hobbies and interests then being single isn't that big of a deal after a while.

That's a good point actually. I've noticed that too. The devil makes work for idle thumbs and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Aphex wrote: »

Could be worse..OP could have been called Sh1tbag O Toole :rolleyes:

Ah Tremors is class. Kevin Bacon, Reba McIntyre, Sierra Nevada landscape, worms. Has it all.:)

:-) sorry,
    I take it back. you're right. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Op, Ill make a dayshent woman o' ya!

Some people have sex on a first date and still want a relationship, not me but there are some and if there is someone leading a person on just for the sex, then I think that is wrong

Right or wrong, men will take it if it's put on a plate, but women who put out on the first one or two dates are then always treated as a bit sus afterwards.

• Advertisement

Op, Ill make a dayshent woman o' ya!

go on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

Aw! I really don't see the point in "trying" to be a relationship. They just happen.

I was always very happy single. Anytime I was "seeing" fellas I hated it. Much preferred being alone for a while. I did have a boyfriend in my late teens/early twenties, which was grand while it lasted.

Now I have a boyfriend who I'm living with and I'm happy out. It's all about being happy with yourself really, if that makes sense? I sound like a cheesy self-help relationship book now..

Right or wrong, men will take it if it's put on a plate, but women who put out on the first one or two dates are then always treated as a bit sus afterwards.

Not always but yes most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

Only one thing for it........Time to bring back the SLOW DANCE ;)

Ahh the Slow Dance - those memories always make me laugh!!! I remember dancing with a chap when he asked me (dancing to 'Golden Brown' ....) 'Will u 'Go With Me' - simple times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Not always. I have plenty of male friends who wouldn't be into sex on a first date. They're not all in it for the ride.

So where do we find these lads who aren't just after the hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

3 weeks single (23days actually) and yeah sick of it already.

You won't find them using those words, for starters ....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

I'd be one of them lads in all honesty. There are some good dudes out there ladies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I do miss aspects of a relationship definitely, then I appreciate the attractions of being single simultaneously. Such a catch-22!
    The sex thing... Yeh you can go out and get sex with a randomer when you've got a real itch to scratch, but no way is it the same!

Deise08, I know two women who met their husbands via Macra. Give it another go!
    But why should she expect he was only in it for a shag if she has sex with him immediately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

carraig2 wrote: »
    3 weeks single (23days actually) and yeah sick of it already.

3 weeks!

Try 19 years :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

HugsiePie wrote: »
    3 weeks!

Seriously?

Magaggie wrote: »
    Deise08, I know two women who met their husbands via Macra. Give it another go!

But why should she expect he was only in it for a shag if she has sex with him immediately?

Because that's how it works ... simple!

Magaggie wrote: »

I think a better question would be why wouldn't she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I wonder how many guys are actually getting sex from it though. I'd imagine it would be quite low.

It's working for me, Really, met some awful nymphos online, but not just slags, proper nice well educated hard working hornbags! Tis great :D

But Im single since 09 now, getting a bit tired of it. Would love to meet the right person, or nearly the right person to share a bit with. I'm Pushin on like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

HugsiePie wrote: »
    3 weeks!

So, you're married then !

ardinn wrote: »
    It's working for me, Really, met some awful nymphos online, but not just slags, proper nice well educated hard working hornbags! Tis great :D

But Im single since 09 now, getting a bit tired of it. Would love to meet the right person, or nearly the right person to share a bit with. I'm Pushin on like!!

Not from POF surely? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Not from POF surely? :eek:

Yes - It's the easiest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

go on...

Jaysus.. Eh.... Splashworld and all the hurdy gurdys!!! And enough sh*te food that no one will be able to look at any rides after!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I think a better question would be why wouldn't she?
    I don't know that it's a better question really. I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation by her that a guy would see her again after having sex with her. It's kinda a grim assessment of guys to view them as likely to scoot once sex is had.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement