Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Gongoozler wrote: »
    A downtrodden personality. Lack of confidence. Self pitying

Well thanks for the pick me up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

major bill wrote: »
    Im getting into my late 20's now where single life goes from been fun to ''ah we will have to find you a lady'' :(

forever alone

Not if you invest in cats ;) Lots of Cats!!!

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Is it really that bad being single?

No, just would like a cuddle or some fun every now and again, it ain't that bad but I just have some days where I would like to be with someone special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ha I was actually asked was I lesbian by my mother I've been single that long. :(
    I'm not by the way.

kowloon wrote: »
    I bring a selection of cheeses and a pair of microwavable socks to the table.

Sold!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gillmelly

Single and to be honest, I'm loving the freedom again to do what I want, when I want, how I want, the way I want. Don't know if I ever will go back to it. Been there done that, bought the t-shirt.

deise08 wrote: »
    Ha I was actually asked was I lesbian by my mother I've been single that long. :(
    I'm not by the way.

Are you sure though?

Only joking ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

:D Look at all the losers trying to get the chick. Leave it out squares and let the big boys take over. Yo lady, I think I've seen your picture somewhere before. Oh yeah, that's right. It was in the dictionary next to 'KABLAM!'". Ditch these fools and take a ride with me on my BMX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Buy a toaster -they're cheap. At least then you can offer toast. Girls love toast.

Just don't let it burn or you'll end up wishing you took it out a few seconds earlier. A bit like the pregnant girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

anyway Pissy, you ain't selling yerself with a name like that :D

• Advertisement

:D Look at all the losers trying to get the chick. Leave it out squares and let the big boys take over. Yo lady, I think I've seen your picture somewhere before. Oh yeah, that's right. It was in the dictionary next to 'KABLAM!'". Ditch these fools and take a ride with me on my BMX.

Oh Look - A REAL MAN!:rolleyes: :p

Are you sure though?

Only joking ;)

Ha ha quite certain :-)

ya its not much fun watching everyone else having the going for walks hand in hand, meal, cinema together, just sitting in Park together. having all the coupley stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

kowloon wrote: »
    I bring a selection of cheesey socks and a pair of microwavable kebabs to the table.

Not sure that's a great selling point. Have you tried lying? Though that can backfire - a single mate of mine was chatting up a bird in the pub there a few nights back. She goes "so, what do you do?" and he goes "I'm a Vet, actually". Quick as a flash, she breaks into a huge smile and goes "wow! Me too!" How fecked was he? The lying little plumber..she asks him "Ok, prove it, what side is a horses heart on?". Things went downhill from there..

major bill wrote: »
    anyway Pissy, you ain't selling yerself with a name like that :D

Ah c'mon - its legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

All right I lied about the fcukin bike. But I swear I've got the pants !

Well you're obviously funny :) that's a great thing to have going for you!! And with the pants you just have that added bonus..so many options, on..off :) loads going for you!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Fook your BMX, I've a horse outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep kissing those frogs OP, it'll happen one day.

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

There's no doubt that there's decent lads out there that feel exactly the same, but at the end of the day if people are not mutually compatible in their habits and interests, they are probably better on their todd in the long run, unless someone happens to come along. If you have friends and family, then really you're grand, (families in the one house all day want to kill each other half the time) and sure if someone comes along, grand too. There's a lot to be said for your own space and doing you'e own thing, sharing it 24/7 is no picnic at times either.

ya its not much fun watching everyone else having the going for walks hand in hand, meal, cinema together, just sitting in Park together. having all the coupley stuff.

I know what you mean! We'll have our day! :) All we can do til then is aim to feel amazing inside and out and put ourselves out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

gillmelly wrote: »
    Single and to be honest, I'm loving the freedom again to do what I want, when I want, how I want, the way I want. Don't know if I ever will go back to it. Been there done that, bought the t-shirt.

If your previous relationship meant that you couldn't do things when, how, and the way you want then it wasn't very healthy. There are compromises to be made for sure, but you shouldn't ever feel that your life is dictated by another person. You obviously know this since you got out of it, but it really doesn't have to be that way.

Unless you have kids, which probably means you can't really do what you want whenever you want!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

Oh Look - A REAL MAN!:rolleyes: :p

Hop on board baby, I aint got all day.
    Mammy has my tea waiting.

I know what you mean! We'll have our day! :) All we can do til then is aim to feel amazing inside and out and put ourselves out there!

:) we're fabulously brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

I'm a lad and I've been single now for 5 years. Really pissing me off.

Am on a dating site. Been on a few dates. Out of all of them, I met one girl I'd be interested in. She had no interest in me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

That only happens on films, partners dont do that, AH, see now were your going wrong "hold my hand while we walk down the main street".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I.... know what a tracker mortgage is.:cool:

thecatspjs wrote: »
    If your previous relationship meant that you couldn't do things when, how, and the way you want then it wasn't very healthy. There are compromises to be made for sure, but you shouldn't ever feel that your life is dictated by another person. You obviously know this since you got out of it, but it really doesn't have to be that way.

Unless you have kids, which probably means you can't really do what you want whenever you want!

That's not what I said or was talking about at all, but hey whatever floats your boat !

micar wrote: »
    I'm a lad and I've been single now for 5 years. Really pissing me off.

Am on a dating site. Been on a few dates. Out of all of them, I met one girl I'd be interested in. She had no interest in me :(

Poo in a shoe dude! I have found been on the dating site that been spoilt for choice was evident however the choices weren't much to live up to either when they just want the ride.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    That only happens on films, partners dont do that, AH, see now were your going wrong "hold my hand while we walk down the main street".

Damn you Disney! You ruined my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

At least you have options OP. Try being a guy with literally nothing at all to offer a woman. I'm in line behind the guys your dismissing waiting for a chance to get dismissed.

Of course you have something to offer.

You have you. That's all you need for the girl you click with.

You are loveable.

All kind decent people have A LOT to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

No. Too busy watching LFC trying to win the PL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement