Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The plan is to make chicken fajitas. Got some fajita spice mix from Mr. Bells today.

Going to go with the velveting technique on the chicken again, just cornflour, because last time it worked really well.

Thank you for the poster that recommended it, can't recall now.

What's the velveting technique? I have a weird thing about chicken sometimes. I love a roast chicken dinner but shredded chicken or chicken in enchiladas for example can turn me off for some reason.
    Love fajitas!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Porklife wrote: »
    What's the velveting technique? I have a weird thing about chicken sometimes. I love a roast chicken dinner but shredded chicken or chicken in enchiladas for example can turn me off for some reason.
    Love fajitas!

This is more of a method to help chicken breast when stir frying.

It stops it getting dried out and tough, which can happen to chicken breast meat when exposed to high heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The plan is to make chicken fajitas. Got some fajita spice mix from Mr. Bells today.

Going to go with the velveting technique on the chicken again, just cornflour, because last time it worked really well.

Thank you for the poster that recommended it, can't recall now.

Most likely me as I do it regularly with beef and chicken stir fry/curry and have mentioned it here and on the other dinner thread. I always shout at the TV when I see so called chefs making stir fry and never, ever velvetising the meat. Its so simple and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Took 5 minutes to cook and was very tasty, Lidl Chipotle chilli steak with pilau rice and prawn crackers.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Homemade taco burger(my own recipe)and spiced chips. Washed down with a few shots of Tequila.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Have spicy chicken wings in the oven now. I'm really hungry.

Another beer and a few more since I last posted.. I've even prepped tomorrows breakfast and dinner. I still have that chicken in the fridge for tonight.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I’ve got a spare bag of carrot batons in the fridge, some coriander leaves, cream too. Anyone got a simple method to throw them together in a soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

german pilsner the first of the night.

cheers G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I’ve got a spare bag of carrot batons in the fridge, some coriander leaves, cream too. Anyone got a simple method to throw them together in a soup?

Hey Cheezy..I'd saute them in butter with diced onion. Add chicken or vegetable stock, bring to the boil then simmer with the coriander and cream. I'd throw in honey, cumin, salt and pepper too. Mmmm im hungry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pepperoni pizza

bassy wrote: »
    german pilsner the first of the night.

cheers G

Good man! I'm on Tuborg. Don't knock it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

Quarter of a Jameson bottle drank as I write thisðŸ˜. This will be my last post tonight I think!!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Good man! I'm on Tuborg. Don't knock it.:D

tuborg lol lol :rolleyes::D

tuborg lol lol :rolleyes::D

It's cheap, tasty, hitting the spot and I'm on a budget.:D

It's cheap, tasty, hitting the spot and I'm on a budget.:D

few weeks back you said carling was piss and you on here promoting tuborg,oh lord :D

few weeks back you said carling was piss and you on here promoting tuborg,oh lord :D

Tuborg is way better than Carling. I've drank Carling from London to Cardiff and Tuborg from Odense to Copenhagen. Better than Carlsberg. You're a cheap beer snob.:D

Tuborg is way better than Carling. I've drank Carling from London to Cardiff and Tuborg from Odense to Copenhagen. Better than Carlsberg. You're a cheap beer snob.:D

no chance,you be telling me your a viking next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Spent 4 hours preparing , minding, lovingly watching a slow beef curry/casserole/ stew type thing.

Load of balls . Pile of shyte so it was. Beef tougher than a leather belt from dunnes stores.

Sauce more fluid than the liffey after good rain.

I'm having 4 bags of king crisps now and maybe 5 kit kats.

Why bother. Lol

Spent 4 hours preparing , minding, lovingly watching a slow beef curry/casserole/ stew type thing.

Load of balls . Pile of shyte so it was. Beef tougher than a leather belt from dunnes stores.

Sauce more fluid than the liffey after good rain.

I'm having 4 bags of king crisps now and maybe 5 kit kats.

Why bother. Lol

lol you may get the G master around to yours lol

• Advertisement

no chance,you be telling me your a viking next :D

I am a Viking! Have a long boat in the driveway too. :D You must be old enough to remember the Tuborg train Ad on the telly many years ago.

"Tchoo Tchoo Tchoo......Tuborg!"

Slurping another one! Great stuff!

I am a Viking! Have a long boat in the driveway too. :D You must be old enough to remember the Tuborg train Ad on the telly many years ago.

"Tchoo Tchoo Tchoo......Tuborg!"

Slurping another one! Great stuff!

slurping you mean burping............

i hear that train coming,its rolling round the bend i aint seen a tuborg since i dunno when,i bet that G will be tortured in the morning :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oven baked chicken legs. Not as nice as drumsticks, too fatty , but tasty enough.
    Washed down with chilled Heineken :)

slurping you mean burping............

i hear that train coming,its rolling round the bend i aint seen a tuborg since i dunno when,i bet that G will be tortured in the morning :D:D

The G man will be grand and Johnny Cash would agree.:D Getting ready for my slab of Skewered chicken and fries with a movie!

The G man will be grand and Johnny Cash would agree.:D Getting ready for my slab of Skewered chicken and fries with a movie!

i could not eat like that when drinking no way jose...

The post beer feed and all made at home. Chicken skewers with french fries on a slab. Chicken was coated in a satay sauce from Asia Market. Fries from Supervalu. The little off camera extra was a chocolate brownie.:D

GOPR0079.jpg

Movie time!

Superg chef G all thats missing is a side portion of curry :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just a simple thing.
    Potatoes with tuna sweetcorn salad.

upUdL87.jpg

Chicken fajita marinating for tomorrow.

I tend to use dried dill whenever I have potatoes. Also, with rice and tomato & onion salad. I find it's one of those herbs that work OK when dried. I love it.

Heading off on a hike shortly so filling up. I had a fierce appetite on me this morning.

GOPR0080.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

After seeing superquinn sausage mentioned above, had a hankering. So superquinn sausages on a fresh crusty loaf with a side of homemade coleslaw for brunch here.

Advertisement