Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Coffee and a croissant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Just a simple thing.
    Potatoes with tuna sweetcorn salad.

upUdL87.jpg

Chicken fajita marinating for tomorrow.

I tend to use dried dill whenever I have potatoes. Also, with rice and tomato & onion salad. I find it's one of those herbs that work OK when dried. I love it.

Have you ever been to Latvia or Lithuania? Nearly every meal comes with dill. They're also really into potato and onion salad with dill. Ive never seen so much dill :) I reckon you'd love the food there.

I made a burrito/wrap with chicken, avocado, black beans, cheese and sour cream with spinach salad. I smothered it with extra hot sirracha and now my tummy is burning.
    Gaviscon to the rescue!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Porklife wrote: »
    Have you ever been to Latvia or Lithuania? Nearly every meal comes with dill. They're also really into potato and onion salad with dill. Ive never seen so much dill :) I reckon you'd love the food there.

Have never been, I bet I would love the food there.

These days, I tend to alternate between Mexican or Asian food, and more Scandi/Baltic style stuff involving oily fish, rye bread, pickles, potatoes, yoghurt, beetroot, onion, and yes, lots of dill!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A long hike today through forest and bogland. The breakfast stood to me, but starving when I got home. Dinner was roast beef, mash, carrot/parsnip/peas and garlic spuds. Enjoying an ice cold Heineken now. (Hope bassy approves of this evenings tipple.:D)

GOPR0096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

looks delicious G and yes to heineken,quality.

• Advertisement

mince,carrots onions and potatoes i love this meal :)

bassy wrote: »
    mince,carrots onions and potatoes i love this meal :)

I'm like that too. Certain things I could eat everyday.

delicious........................................

https://ibb.co/L96T22k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Do you steam mince? I have a mad craving for Edam but seem to have scoffed it and forgot :(

Do you steam mince? I have a mad craving for Edam but seem to have scoffed it and forgot :(

yes Surrep

• Advertisement

almost forgot,G would be impressed wityh this :)

https://ibb.co/GR6D1zX

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭global23214124

Bought a load of Oysters yesterday so need to get some lemon for them for tonight.

almost forgot,G would be impressed wityh this :)

https://ibb.co/GR6D1zX

Good man bassy. Can't beat a pint of bainne!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heading off on a hike shortly so filling up. I had a fierce appetite on me this morning.

GOPR0080.jpg

did you grill them,looks like you did as the look very clean as in no oil or grease about them.

did you grill them,looks like you did as the look very clean as in no oil or grease about them.

Yep, I grilled them and I even pat them down with a bit of kitchen roll before serving up. The egg and tomato were done in the pan with a drop of extra virgin olive oil. Everything from Aldi except the egg.

Toasted wrap with cherry tomatoes, red peppers and loads of Charleville cheese and some light mayo.

I know I sound really boring with my wrap but they are so versatile. You can put anything in them, they always turn out tasty. The nicest wraps are the tomato ones from Tesco.

Chocolate brownie and a glass of bainne. A warm bed awaits!

I know I sound really boring with my wrap but they are so versatile. You can put anything in them, they always turn out tasty. The nicest wraps are the tomato ones from Tesco.

you have pretty much wrapped it up there Surrep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heading off on a hike shortly so filling up. I had a fierce appetite on me this morning.

GOPR0080.jpg

That looks epic man, we had something a long the same lines as that this morning at 9.30 when we got back from our early morning walk.

• Advertisement

Chicken fajita with flatbread etc.

lT3tx56.jpg

wcUJam4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Roast chicken breast stuffed with cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

rice,chicken,green beans and asparagas and pint of boinne

https://ibb.co/zGgHTFc

Roast chicken breast stuffed with cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon.

That takes me back to a prepared dish Tesco did many many years ago. Winter 2010. Buried in snow. Their version was stuffed with Mozzie cheese. Got addicted to it with a baked spud and coleslaw. Gonna make that soon. Is the cheddar more intense?
    rice,chicken,green beans and asparagas and pint of boinne

https://ibb.co/zGgHTFc

The pint of milk is the hearty wash down.

Tonight I made another roast dinner with Chicken. The girls requested it. I've opted for a beef stir fry and chips. The beef was doing the velvet thing in the fridge for a few hours. Lift off shortly.

I made a type of fish and potato salad, which is cooling down in the fridge.

Tuna, kippers, potatoes, capers, onions, mayo and herbs.

I will have it with rye bread and salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pasta with pesto and garlic bread .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Had thai style stir fried chicken with fried rice and tempura prawns. Mighty tack.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

aldi chicken tagliatelle with potatoes and pint of boinne :)

A corned beef salad sandwich from the Deli.
    I now exist primarily as a sandwich.

• Advertisement

I hit Aldi today along with a few other places to get bargains. That's the shopping done!

Treated myself to some Raspberry and apple danish things for a post shop treat because when I entered the kitchen this morning I had an idea. A few rashers with beans on toast. Nope! Ms G had milled the last of the rashers.:D I slipped down the local deli for a 3 quid sausage/rasher/hash brown sambo. I had a mad appetite. This evening I having a very simple steak and fries meal with a splash of gravy. The earlier Danish was lovely.

GOPR0102.jpg

Advertisement