Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The smell of roast chicken. It's a comfort food kind of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Swishy hair after washing . Being really clean is nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Swishy hair after washing . Being really clean is nice too.
    Having a princess shower (hair washed, excess hair shaved), clean pj's and clean sheets. Heaven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

silence... that the gale has stopped... Bliss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

No work today.

• Advertisement

That the leprechauns ( our ferrymen in their other life) delivered the shopping and that my freezer and fridge and cupboards are filled for another 2 or 3 weeks
    ... that the sun "has got his hat on" and the birds are applauding him..

g/night all!

No work until Monday, I've wished my life away all week to get to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I had a good day , that makes me happy tbh :)

Went out for Easter Eggs with daughter , then breakfast (rare treat !) , all are fine , soup on the cooker simmering and lasagne in the oven , I bet I'll jinx myself now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

My local SuperValu doing 3 Easter eggs for €3 yesterday...I spent €15
    :D:D

Erik Shun wrote: »
    My local SuperValu doing 3 Easter eggs for €3 yesterday...I spent €15
    :D:D

Please, please STOP with the Easter eggs talk! lol.... aarrgghh! Would spend all my choc money for weeks for what you bought!

Fasting is good for the soul - and pocket..

I had ordered 3 creme eggs, the small ones, in case the wee lads from nearby visit me at Easter, but can only now find 2.... me and cats not guilty!

• Advertisement

Happy to have a day ahead; wet here so more handwork and housework ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Got my favourite car park space :) what makes it more sweet is I got parked in it just before the other person who hogs the space all the time got to the space :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Autosport wrote: »
    Got my favourite car park space :) what makes it more sweet is I got parked in it just before the other person who hogs the space all the time got to the space :D

Me too!! I have a battle with another guy for the space every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Pet Semetary at the cinema this evening.

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see Pet Semetary at the cinema this evening.

and that makes you HAPPY? I read that and never again..

I like films, that's why it makes me th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A lovely fine day and it's nearly the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Only 5 hours and 33 minutes until the weekend and it's chicken curry in the canteen today :pac:

A cheeseburger later on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have a savage dose of Friday feelings.
    Pub grub later with my bestie. I am hoping it rains all weekend so I can put the garden patio project off for another while.
    My time would be better spend indoors all snug.

• Advertisement

The sun's out even if it's cold . I ordered 3 dresses yesterday, from America, and they were posted straight away and due for delivery on Monday !
    I'm optimistic I'll be able to wear them next week .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A stroll and a catch up with my friend and a takeaway coffee sitting looking out at the sea:)

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    A stroll and a catch up with my friend and a takeaway coffee sitting looking out at the sea:)

That sounds idyllic! Has made me very happy; thank you.

Cat watching.. The sun is out and warm and i was out at the back flattening cardboard boxes for my no-dig potatoes. One box was too sturdy to break down so i decided would use it for storage etec. Turned my back and boycat was in it! Rolling and wriggling and in sheer bliss ( may have been the box the chickens came in.)
    Two of the others joined in; three cats playing...

Graces7 wrote: »
    Cat watching.. The sun is out and warm and i was out at the back flattening cardboard boxes for my no-dig potatoes. One box was too sturdy to break down so i decided would use it for storage etec. Turned my back and boycat was in it! Rolling and wriggling and in sheer bliss ( may have been the box the chickens came in.)
    Two of the others joined in; three cats playing...

Mine are nesting in a patch of sunlight and the big battlescarred old alleycat is licking the younger ones backs. He's adorable and needs to be a housecat somewhere with no other cats because when inside he fights for dominance and my male pet cat always comes out the worst for it. He's a lover , not a fighter .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Chance meetings. Just met a neighbour in town and we stood chatting when, "have you had lunch?" "Come on so". A cod and chips and a long chat follows. Often better than planned meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bought a backscratcher today... How did I live without one up to now?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TG1 wrote: »
    Bought a backscratcher today... How did I live without one up to now?? :pac:

Backscratchers are brilliant. My one is a "bear's claw" :). Beats having to ask someone else to scratch your itch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Rubberlegs wrote: »

Backscratchers are brilliant. My one is a "bear's claw" :). Beats having to ask someone else to scratch your itch ;)

Snap! mine too! A bear paw with a purple handle, it's amazing! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Now I want a back scratcher :D

I'll be happy when I someone tells me where I can purchase one :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement