Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Endgame
    Building Beechers Hope at the end was absolutely brilliant. Loved it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Surely the whole point of a game is to be absorbing and immersive at the end of the day? It might not be packed with 'fun' in the way most games try to be but for me the scale, attention to detail and atmosphere alone are worth the price.

Reminds me a bit of Shenmue in a way, plenty of games out there with better mechanics but I can lose hours just existing in the world, there's very few games out there that create a genuinely believable world on this scale

Well I'd say the point of the game is to be a game - and don't call me Shirley :P :)

It's a very individual taste and will vary from individual to individual, but for me, it's gone too far into the "realism for the sake of it" rather than being a game first, but the more I play, the less it bothers me. The animations being so convoluted are frustrating, especially since you can't cancel them and if you press the wrong button in a firefight, it means you're dead, simple as that and that's not a fun experience for a 40-year-old man who hates and resents having to use a fking controller in the first place instead of a mouse and keyboard like a grown up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

If you havent already, i highly suggest you craft the legend of the east satchel from pearson. Will take some time as you have to craft all the other satchels first. But worth it.

If you havent already, i highly suggest you craft the legend of the east satchel from pearson. Will take some time as you have to craft all the other satchels first. But worth it.

I found I was able to buy all the satchels and then the Legend of the East by the fence at Saint Denis. Handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I found I was able to buy all the satchels and then the Legend of the East by the fence at Saint Denis. Handy.
    Bought from where?

• Advertisement

Bought from where?

The Fence at Saint Denis.

Fence = dealer of stolen goods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Anybody hear about a mission or stranger mission where Arthur gets raped or something wtf read about it on neogaf

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Started playing with HUD off, free aim and 1st person view. It's a better experience although it's annoying as you can't go first person view when there is a hostage situation.

And it's quite difficult with the bow on first person as you can't get the direct line of sight to shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Arsing around Rhodes and I absolutely love this game. Popped in for a game of blackjack for the double down challenge but stayed for the craic, nice difference between there and valentine. Finding the traveling around grand. If I have to go a long distance, there's always a small town or random encounter on the way to keep it interesting. The Arabian horse helps as well.

RDR 1 was good but this is on a completely different level. Keep getting amazed with the details im coming across. I watched a video of fallout 76 its ****ing shocking to look at side by side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Did anybody else like the Stranger's Mission with Margaret? I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever experienced in video games.
    The bit with the lion at the ranch and the men holding the barn doors was particularly good.

"That weren't no dog"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There's a much easier way to travel long distance, Get the Train!!

DS86DS wrote: »
    Did anybody else like the Stranger's Mission with Margaret? I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever experienced in video games. The bit with the lion at the ranch and the men holding the barn doors was particularly good.

"That weren't no dog"

I just finished that one last night :D

Now, I just came across a palaeontologist about 5 minutes after finding a dinosaur bone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

biggebruv wrote: »
    Anybody hear about a mission or stranger mission where Arthur gets raped or something wtf read about it on neogaf

Yeah, it's more the implication. You get knocked out and wake up in a random spot.
    One of your camp makes a comment about it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I keep forgetting the RDR1 New Austin map is down the bottom corner, still untouched.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I rented a room in Valentine to change outfits and sleep. Went into my room and there was a guy sitting on the bed telling me to get off his property. After I got over the shock, I told where to go. Instant wanted level and the whole town lined up outside the hotel to kill me. I reloaded from the last save and rented the room again. Another guy leaning against the bed. He says hi.

I'm going to another hotel.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I keep forgetting the RDR1 New Austin map is down the bottom corner, still untouched.

Ive been arsing around there today. Not that much to do. These towns dont seem to have stables, which is a disappointment. I did find some archaeology.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »

Tried to get there early with a canoe, attempted to get just below Blackwater but canoe just sunk and I lost all stamina and drowned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just started Chapeter 5. Just wondering..
    Do you get your stuff back? I had a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished the whole story last night. Loved it for the most part.
    Arthur's whole story was terrific. Really loved it. He was a brilliant character and perfectly performed. Kinda guessed he'd die and we'd end up playing as John, though that was because you could upgrade John's tent at camp and I figured you'd end up still living in the camp at the end as John. So I was right about what happens, just wrong about how.

The epilogue goes on way too long though to the point of annoyance. They could have cut half those missions out and it would have been much better, especially after the immediacy of the end of Arthur's story. But it all ends well.

I spent a good bit of time just focusing on the story missions, and didn't do a lot of exploring or just going wild and robbing stores, so I think that's what I'll likely be doing now. Storytime is over. Honour be damned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

When you say rdr1 map do you mean the whole rdr1 map is in this game aswell? How does that work is it just imported or remade from scratch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

J Mysterio wrote: »

I can't anyway:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone got the official guide? Went looking for it other day couldn't find it anywhere Dublin City center.

Worth ordering online?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Have just had a report that someone could be PMing late game spoilers to folk. If anyone does get such a message, PM it and the admins will take a look at it. Or just delete if you’d prefer!

In the meantime, just be careful if opening PMs from people you don’t know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Tuco88 wrote: »
    Its a pitty you can't hitch a horse to a wagon thats not in use. Or use a wagon to carry more large pelts.

In fact they missed alot in what we could have done with wagons...

I took a covered wagon up into mountainous territory to see if I could put an outlaw I captured into the back. I couldn't. Luckily my horse was with me all the way so that helped.

Hopefully they will be more functional for online gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

biggebruv wrote: »
    When you say rdr1 map do you mean the whole rdr1 map is in this game aswell? How does that work is it just imported or remade from scratch?

It's the rdr1 map but in rdr2 graphics. From what I've read Mexico isn't in it, so it's not the whole rdr1 map, but I think the whole American side of it is (though set years before the events of rdr1, so some areas may look different).

Anyone got the official guide? Went looking for it other day couldn't find it anywhere Dublin City center.

Worth ordering online?

You have the internet, what could you possibly want it for? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Shiminay wrote: »
    You have the internet, what could you possibly want it for? :confused:

Like having it in front of me in my hands. Being able to look threw it study it.

Instead of it being on a little screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone managed to get horseman 4 challenge done?

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone managed to get horseman 4 challenge done?

Was it the lasso one? It's next on my list but not tried it sounds like an instant bounty if you don't pick your spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Mod note: Have just had a report that someone could be PMing late game spoilers to folk. If anyone does get such a message, PM it and the admins will take a look at it. Or just delete if you’d prefer!

In the meantime, just be careful if opening PMs from people you don’t know!

Jesus. Cnuts

Advertisement