Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was it the lasso one? It's next on my list but not tried it sounds like an instant bounty if you don't pick your spot.

Got it there, didn't need the person to stay alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Was it the lasso one? It's next on my list but not tried it sounds like an instant bounty if you don't pick your spot.

I got it easy enough by picking some poor soul who was out in the middle of no where fishing. Avoided the towns and villages and didn't get any bounty.

The challenge that I'm stuck on is kill 3 people with throwing knives in under 10 seconds. Short of doing something stupid like hog-tieing 3 people I can't see me getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The US side from the first game is in the second game but apparently there's a whole lot of nothing to do there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mod note: Have just had a report that someone could be PMing late game spoilers to folk. If anyone does get such a message, PM it and the admins will take a look at it. Or just delete if you’d prefer!

In the meantime, just be careful if opening PMs from people you don’t know!

Iv heard lots of sad things on the internet but jaysus that takes the biscuit altogether

Pathetic people doing that, in the most part for this thread you get people who are so decent putting spoiler tags often on stuff that doesnt need it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone managed to get horseman 4 challenge done?

Which one is that again? Valentine to Rhodes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Like having it in front of me in my hands. Being able to look threw it study it.

Instead of it being on a little screen.

Get the RDR 2 App for your phone and you can buy it on the app and then read it on a phone or tablet.

Wouldn't bother myself as it's better to discover it yourself and then use the net if stuck but everyone to their own.

Anyone know what to do with this excess money? Feels like I have way too much and nothing to spend it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anyone know what to do with this excess money? Feels like I have way too much and nothing to spend it on!

How do you get excess money? Am I best doing the story? Only starting chapter 3 but have been fannying about a lot ....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Iv heard lots of sad things on the internet but jaysus that takes the biscuit altogether

I remember it happening on here before but I can't remember what game.

Annoying thing happened a while ago. I was just north of Rhodes, middle of the night, came across 2 guys in uniform about to execute a man by the river. They were saying something about law so I figured they were just cops or bounty hunters. The guy was begging for his life so I said I'd pull out my gun to stall the lads but they shot him before I could pull out my gun. Instant minus honour. Hardly fair as I stumbled into a situation where I didn't know what was going on, shouldn't be punished for other people's actions unless it's blatantly bandits holding someone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I remember it happening on here before but I can't remember what game.

It was Fallout 4.

• Advertisement

Anyone do the Charles Chatenay mission 3?

Game just Lagging out now, 0 FPS!

Just reloaded the autosave seems to be okay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

hunting the arabian horse is sucking my will to live. it's really draining I may give up on the game. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to shoot it the next time it spawns
    the drunkiness is making me angrier

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

3 star Rattlesnake: Shoot with small game arrow for perfect skin.

Kill rattlesnake with small game arrow. Walk up to skin it, now it's one star.

The game fúcking told me exactly what to do and I did exactly that. I'm done with hunting. It is a load of artificial game-lengthening horseshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

J. Marston wrote: »
    3 star Rattlesnake: Shoot with small game arrow for perfect skin.

Kill rattlesnake with small game arrow. Walk up to skin it, now it's one star.

The game fúcking told me exactly what to do and I did exactly that. I'm done with hunting. It is a load of artificial game-lengthening horseshít.

Any of the small game I just used the varmint rifle. Works better than the bow and small arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,258 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think once you finish the game, it's basically just money for paying off bounties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 1630

Is there any quick ways to make money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Shiminay wrote: »
    Well I'd say the point of the game is to be a game - and don't call me Shirley :P :)

It's a very individual taste and will vary from individual to individual, but for me, it's gone too far into the "realism for the sake of it" rather than being a game first, but the more I play, the less it bothers me. The animations being so convoluted are frustrating, especially since you can't cancel them and if you press the wrong button in a firefight, it means you're dead, simple as that and that's not a fun experience for a 40-year-old man who hates and resents having to use a fking controller in the first place instead of a mouse and keyboard like a grown up :P

Yeah I'm not really disagreeing with you, each to their own as you say. It's just don't think it's trying to be a 'fun' game in the usual sense so don't think it's fair to hold that as a negative against it. They've absolutely nailed the atmosphere / believable world aspect.

I'm really enjoying the change of pace from most games, it's really relaxing to just throw it on for an hour and lose yourself in the world without needing to be alert or on edge, all the mundane tasks and convoluted animations included!

1630 wrote: »
    Is there any quick ways to make money?

Treasure maps is the quickest way to make a few quid. Just doing the story missions is the easiest though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

gimli2112 wrote: »
    hunting the arabian horse is sucking my will to live. it's really draining I may give up on the game. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to shoot it the next time it spawns
    the drunkiness is making me angrier

I got it very easily, just go to the west of Lake Isabella and you will get one there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

The legendary fish... bollox too long for me.

Anyone drop that guy with the damaged arm to the doc in st denis?

Jaysus, stay and watch the operation. Feck.
    Pitty you cant give both barrels of the double barrel in one go.😂

Finished the Dreamcatchers tonight, pay out is worth it if you use a bow a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mutley18 wrote: »
    I got it very easily, just go to the west of Lake Isabella and you will get one there!

this , just this, made me angrier than you would ever believe

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    this , just this, made me angrier than you would ever believe

Yeah I read some people took Hours to get it. I rocked up to west of the lake, spotted her straight away, rope around the neck, new horsie for me. Guess I was lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Just moved onto chapter 3 and still haven't come across any bears in the wild. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Did anyone run into a gold prospector at the lake where the legendary bear is? Was in a conversation with him when I aimed my bow at him by mistake and he started shooting. Lassoed him hoping he'd calm down but he just ran away when I let him free so guessing I've missed out on whatever that was all about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

dulux99 wrote: »
    Just moved onto chapter 3 and still haven't come across any bears in the wild. Disappointing.

Pop up to Tall Trees. Explore a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Anyone notice the glitch when eating stew at the camp table? Poured a bowl of stew and went to the table before eating. When finished Arthur was stuck holding the bowl unlike just disposing when standing. only way to get rid seemed to be to walk out of camp.

Did anyone run into a gold prospector at the lake where the legendary bear is? Was in a conversation with him when I aimed my bow at him by mistake and he started shooting. Lassoed him hoping he'd calm down but he just ran away when I let him free so guessing I've missed out on whatever that was all about
    You didn't miss much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Anyone know how to check how long you've played on PS4?

Advertisement