Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gear VR

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

johnogog88 wrote: »
    Hi guys,looking for some help here.I purchased the gear vr last week and today got myself a preowned s6.I connected it to the gear vr and the setup screen came on to download oculus home etc.I did all that and connected the phone to headset but all that's showing up is the phone menu screen.it's almost as if it's not recognising the s6.any suggestions?thanks

Hey, what version gear vr did u get r320 or r321??

Dpjmis

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

dpjmie wrote: »
    Hey, what version gear vr did u get r320 or r321??

Dpjmis

Hey not sure mate it doesn't say.it's not the innovator edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Hey not sure mate it doesn't say.it's not the innovator edition.

Should be the r321so, check the s6 for running services and make sure the gear vr service is running...

Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

dpjmie wrote: »
    Should be the r321so, check the s6 for running services and make sure the gear vr service is running...

Dpjmie

Hey checked it seems to be running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hey checked it seems to be running.

Make sure the phone is sitting into the vr properly, it has to be fully in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Did you buy a user gear vr? Maybe it's busted.

You said it's an innovator edition, which are older, that's why I am thinking used.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Gear VR 2 is out on Friday (shipping with Note 7 pre-orders anyway).

Does anyone know if it will be on sale to everyone else, and will it be €100?

Got one recently and it's a fantastic experience. Showed it to some friends last week and they were very surprised by how immersive it was.

So what are the 'must try' VR experiences? Best games and apps?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I finally got to try this recently, and it's pretty amazing. Getting an S7 tomorrow, and will pick the Gear VR on my way home. Can't wait to try it some more.

I'm assuming this is the latest model?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-966/virtual-reality/p-20791/samsung-gear-vr-new/

Yes, that's the latest. It's a bit more comfortable than the white one, it has a better touchpad on the side and has about 10 degrees wider viewing angle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I finally got a phone I coukd use with the gear vr and really loving it . Massive improvement over cardboard and a little smoother than the DK1.
    Theres a sale on at the moment in the oculus store and decent bargains are to be had ( especially the steam sale style daily bargains) .
    Theres a 17 euro controller on amazon (Benecool? Branded) that works perfectly with everything Ive thrown at it.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I finally got a phone I coukd use with the gear vr and really loving it . Massive improvement over cardboard and a little smoother than the DK1.
    Theres a sale on at the moment in the oculus store and decent bargains are to be had ( especially the steam sale style daily bargains) .
    Theres a 17 euro controller on amazon (Benecool? Branded) that works perfectly with everything Ive thrown at it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B019Q3PMSQ
    Fyi Thats the one I bought .

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Hi guys

Just a quick question. Looking to buy a gear VR 2 and just wondering will my s7 edge fit in it with a tempered glass screen protecror. Don't really want to remove this if the fit is too tight. Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Mine fits ok. Also have the screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Does anyone know of a place in Dublin that sells controllers for Samsung gear vr?
    thanks

Does anyone know of a place in Dublin that sells controllers for Samsung gear vr?
    thanks

I went looking for one in dublin but just got blank stares when I asked ...xbox 1 controller apparantly works but it was too expensive for me. Gave up and picked up one on amazon.( which is fantastic )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Just bought these on groupon.

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/virtual-reality-headset

Went for the VR set (including the controller) not sure about the specs, did I get a bargain?

€22.50 including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Value - €82.85

They are having a laugh with that. Not really a bargain, it's the going price for these kind of things. No real specs to it, it's just a headset after all..performance depends on the phone you stick in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

maximoose wrote: »
    They are having a laugh with that. Not really a bargain, it's the going price for these kind of things. No real specs to it, it's just a headset after all..performance depends on the phone you stick in it.

Cheers. I thought it was worth a punt.

I use an s6 edge plus btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lads, anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I could get my hands on a Gear VR Note 8 edition? I've tried calling Samsung sales support but had 40mins of holding to no joy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement