Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blatant Cheating

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

I'm certainly not saying it's right! The only fair situation is if everyone plays by the same rules. We'll never quite have that, but trying to get everyone to obey all the rules is the way we'll get closest to it.

There are some rules in golf I think might be a bit stupid, but this particular one is a great idea. People spend completely unreasonable amounts of time looking for balls. And it's all our time they're spending!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

After 3 minutes your ball is deemed lost. Even if you then find it.
    Nobody will put a stopwatch on it (although I did see this done in an inter-club final once)

Players need to police this rule themselves - with the same integrity they apply to all of the other rules of golf

Very frustrating when you are waiting on the tee and the group in front continue to look for a ball well over the 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

BraveDonut wrote: »
    After 3 minutes your ball is deemed lost. Even if you then find it.
    Nobody will put a stopwatch on it (although I did see this done in an inter-club final once)

Players need to police this rule themselves - with the same integrity they apply to all of the other rules of golf

Very frustrating when you are waiting on the tee and the group in front continue to look for a ball well over the 3 minutes.

Mad that on the tour marshals are put all over the course to help look for players balls, before the player even gets to the ball and starts looking themselves.

Little wonder this is probably the most flouted rule in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Wombatman wrote: »
    Mad that on the tour marshals are put all over the course to help look for players balls, before the player even gets to the ball and starts looking themselves.

Little wonder this is probably the most flouted rule in the game.
    Not sure how there's any causative effect there tbh. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Recently I saw a fella check his ball by rolling it over in the rough with his club. Made a nice lie of it actually. He made no attempt to move it back. It was a provisional ball in strokes competition. I didn’t say anything, I kinda had my fill of him at that stage. I made up for it by finding his first ball burried in a bush.
    I seen him also touch move ball at address a couple of times. Aul guy, off 25 or something, I just don’t think he knew any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Saw a lad in a Classic put his name on the longest drive marker board.
    His drive was long but was about a foot off the fairway in the rough. Ball has to be on the fairway.
    I went over and scratched his name off.
    A young guy. Probably didn’t know any better.

Advertisement