Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guns N' Roses

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why take offence to an innocent observation?

I don't understand some people....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

You're right, sorry;) !!

I wish the f**kin thing would come out quick!!! The gig in the RDS really whetted(spelling?)my "Appetite".

I think "Better" would be a good choice for first single too...............?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

So what??? Ye figured out who I am??? Who the f**k are you, Sherlock bleedin Holmes???

I always find that Guns N Roses fans take this whole thing too seriously. Im a GNR fan, and it wont take a genius to find me at HTGTH making various pro and anti GNR comments, but its all in good fun. At the end of the day you have to realise that the album will be out when he wants it to be, and nothing anyone can say will do a blind bit of difference. In the meantime look forward to the 24th...the first date of the NA Tour, and just pray riots dont dog this one....

At least its not starting in Canada this time!

The only people who TRULY know when and if this f**kin record is coming out are the following:

1. Axl, Dizzy,Bumblefoot,Brain,Chris Pitman,Ron Thal(ie The Band).
    2. Merck Mercuriadis(ie The Manager)
    3. The f**king record company.
    4. This one's just a guess, but I reckon the record stores HAVE been given a release date, but are told not to say anything until nearer the actual date of release!?

So, let's just forget about it until it actuallyHAPPENS!!!??:mad:

Looks like "Better" will be their first single. I'm pissed off at this though.

So THAT's the way they release their first bit of official Chinese Democracy material? Crap...

Good use of their song. Check it out for yourselves
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKffKwyneY&eurl=

I have to say, firm proof Guns N Roses album is shaping up to be released, and this version sounds just like the demo really....a little more polished, not much though:o

Check out these links:

www.chinesedemocracy.com, and www.critical-solution.com!!

People are going ****in' SPASTIC about this album(including me)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

OK. As much as I love Slash and the others, and I think Scott Weiland is a bloody good frontman, they really haven't impressed me as much as Axl has with this new effort.

I went to Download this year, and the show that was put on completely crapped all over Velvet Revolver. Axl's new band is outstanding. And Bumblefoot is in many ways, much cooler than Slash.

I don't know whether it's just that my musical tastes have changed over the years, but what I've heard from Chinese Democracy so far, the whole thing just feels incredibly fresh. I for one am quite pleasantly surprised at how impressive this album is turning out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Personally, if i was to go from that HD ad, it'll be a few bob saved for me. I havent heard anything else from the album, maybe cos of lack of GNR interest for me, so i'll wait another while. CAnt see the album coming out for another while though, well, not before Christmas anyway.

• Advertisement

Are you kidding???

It's gotta be coming out this year!!!??

If it isn't, then why are all these leaks springing up all over the place, and why did their manager release the "There are 13 Tuesdays between now and Christmas......" statement???

AND they're starting North American tour in the coming weeks,so, it points to one thing for me - CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS COMING OUT THIS YEAR!!

The HD ad is ****e and not a good representation of the New GNR. They cut out the best parts of the song to make it fit the ad, it's not even their best song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umn1JLFBjUo

That's their best song I've heard.

Mushy wrote:
    CAnt see the album coming out for another while though, well, not before Christmas anyway.
    You're not up to date with the whole goings on re:New GNR are you?

Hey Mushy

Wake up and smell the coffee, will ye???? It's out this year!!! There's been too many leaks, people talkin about it on various chat boards(like this one)!!??:)

Aparently "Better" IS the new f**kin single:eek:!! And has been leaked online already!! Double:eek: :eek: !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

*sigh*

I am looking forward to hearing this album, purely out of curiosity more than anything else, but jesus, relax will yiz?

• Advertisement

LundiMardi wrote:
    *sigh*

No time to sigh man, Better just got its FIRST ever play on American radio today!

Yeah,

I clicked on the link for it, then discovered that the speakers on my(brother's)piece of s**t, cheapo computer aren't working!!!!:mad: He's currently in Amsterdam, but when he returns I'll kick his f**kin arse!!!!!

Hopefully, Irish radio will get hold of it soon too........????

Hopefully, Irish radio will get hold of it soon too........????

Yes, and then we'll get some kind of single, with artwork...in our hands, with a B-Side and everything, and then an album!

I think the artwork for the album is at this link????

www.mygnr.com

I hope this is the artwork, it looks cool!?

Aparently "Better" IS the new f**kin single:eek:!! And has been leaked online already!! Double:eek: :eek: !!!!!!
    Better was leaked online over 8 months ago.

They played the leak on the radio.

• Advertisement

Still think it'll be the first single off Chinese Democracy, though........???:)

Yup, definately, check the source code of the HD ad: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/NmHJoker/better.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Open Rant
    {
    I think its a joke!
    The G'N'R band is long gone man...this is Axl and his side project.
    He's using the G'N'R name just to keep people instrested in him.
    ...sad,...sad man

I wont buy the album cos I got it from bitLord and its ****!
    if thats the real stuff that Axl have spent all these years on..well he should really quit now.
    I think the nearst thing to G'N'R are Velvet Revolver!
    }
    Rant End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Velvet Revolver are a far cry from Guns N Roses.

Velvet Revolver are a far cry from Guns N Roses.

From the old GNR that is. Im listening to it now again, and theres just some really cool stuff on it. IMO, Scott>new Axl. GNR just dont have that edge anymore. VR kinda have an edge, not what it used to be from old-GNR era though.

JC2K3, not too much up on it, what with the whole length of album release thing. Maybe two years ago when I actually had a bit more interest in them and wasnt bored s***less of them

Mental Mickey, maybe with the new(possibly official) first airplay of the first single, and all that stuff you mentioned, then it just might be true

It HAS to be.......??

Ye don't just hear a new song and not expect an album to come out soon afterwards.......???

All will/will not be answered this time next month........

Well, they did play some of that stuff here in ~December 2003, and an album still didnt appear soon after that. thats on the uncertain side though. Although with the bigger-scale tour incl. Europe this summer, it'd make ya wonder

Mushy,

-They didn't play ANY shows in 2003(Let alone December, Tour was cancelled in 2002) and certainly never played here with the 2001/2002 band.
    -Axl himself said in 2002 that the album WOULDN'T be coming out soon.
    -In 2006 Axl said, for the first time EVER that Chinese Democracy would be out this year, "in late Fall". ANY other "confirmation of release" before this has NOT been official, and definately has not been from the band or Axl himself.

Oh and VR are REALLY average, they don't really have much of an edge IMO, they sound so generic and most of Contraband just sonds like a rip off of It's So Easy.... There Was a Time by New GNR blew me away...

Guys.

Have a look on www.critical-solution.com, or www.chinese-democracy.com!

They(GNR)are starting an American/Canadian tour this week, so there HAS to be an official announcement of a single/album release within the next couple of weeks......!?

I'm gettin out of these forums now, cos too many people are talking utter B******S:mad:

How are people talking bóllocks?

US tour starts Tuesday.

• Advertisement

I wish people would quit making stupid guesses about the release date for the new album!!!! Some of them are just takin the piss!!!:mad: No one knows when the album's coming out.....except the band/management co.!!!

The US/Canada tour starts tomorrow, so let's wait n see what Axl does or doesn't say on stage........?

JC2K3, they played here in some year around then, i meant to say 2002, but maybe it was 2001 they played. It was the year they played Reading that year. My mate has the t-shirt from it(its the only way I know they played). So that was my mistake. Im not gonna complain if Contrband sounded like Its So Easy anyway, its my fav GNR song. I hope the album does come soon cos Im kinda curious now

Mushy wrote:
    JC2K3, they played here in some year around then, i meant to say 2002, but maybe it was 2001 they played.

Ok, maybe you mean Europe, but GNR never played Ireland in 2001. They only ever played Ireland 3 times, once in 2006 and once in 1992, and apparently they played in a small town in Antrim when their manager was getting married but I'm not 100% sure about this story....meant to ask one of the locals

GnR in Antrim??? B***s**t!!!!!???:rolleyes:

An announcement on any release dates should(hopefully)be made this week, cos as previously stated, the US tour starts....

the US tour starts....

tomorrow, which is excellent news for progress!;)

Yep! It is.......

He's gotta say something about a future release date.....? Don't think they'll release the thing without a prior announcement......?

Mushy wrote:
    JC2K3, they played here in some year around then, i meant to say 2002, but maybe it was 2001 they played. It was the year they played Reading that year. My mate has the t-shirt from it(its the only way I know they played). So that was my mistake. Im not gonna complain if Contrband sounded like Its So Easy anyway, its my fav GNR song. I hope the album does come soon cos Im kinda curious now
    They didn't play Reading, they played Leeds in 2002. And Pukkelpop in Belgium and a show in London the same year. They are the only 3 shows the 2001/2002 GNR played in Europe.

http://www.gnrontour.com/

And lets not bring VR into this any further, God forbid this topic turn into a childish bitchfest about who is/was more talented etc.

For those of you who haven't been up to date with the developments of Chinese Democracy over the past few months here's a summary:
    -There was no intention to release Chinese Democracy around 2001/2002 despite new songs being played on the tour. After the 2002 VMAs Axl said CD would not be out soon. Any rumours of a release were bullshít. The tour was scrapped for unknown reasons in mid 2002, possibly because of problems with Buckethead.
    -c. mid 2005 - early 2006 a number of Chinese Democracy Demos were leaked. AFAIK these demos were on a CD given to a small amount of industry insiders. The first leak was IRS, played on Eddie Trunk's radio show. Leaks of Better, There Was a Time and Catcher in the Rye followed.
    -Soon after the leaks a tour was announced by New GNR. Buckethead had left and therefore rumours of Slash rejoining started.(They turned out to be bullshít).
    -Axl is interviewed by Rolling Stone in Jan 2006: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9155514/axl_rose_breaks_his_silence/
    -On May 5th, just before the start of the tour, Axl gave an interview on Eddie Trunk's Radio Show and stated that Chinese Democracy would be out, "Fall, late fall, definetely this year!"
    -May 25th - July 30th ->Europeon Tour. All the leaked songs bar CITR are played as well as some new songs from 2001/2.
    -August 31st at VMAs - Axl says in an interview that album will definately be out this year.
    -Oct 2nd - http://www.gunsnroses.com FINALLY gets updated. Video of Europeon Tour on site.
    -Oct 5th - Rolling Stone reports that Chinese Democracy will be out on Nov 21st. Claim to have an inside source. GNR Management do not confrim this and some reports say Rolling Stone picked the wrong Tuesday (albums come out on Tuesday in the US). http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/10/05/holy-eff-chinese-democracy-finally-gets-a-release-date-maybe/
    -Oct 18th - Another Rolling Stone article, GNR manager says, “I don’t know that we will announce a release date, you just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there.” http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/10/18/exclusive-more-juicy-chinese-democracy-tidbits/
    -Oct 20th - It is reported that GNR licence music to Harley Davidson for adverts. The two tracks are Paradise City and Better. At first the commercial on their site has Better as the backing track but is quickly changed to Paradise City as someone jumped the gun. This is the first "official" release of music from Chinese Democracy and confirms Better as the first single.

And the US tour starts tomorrow. It's rumoured the Harely Davidson ad with Better may be officially out tomorrow also. We can only wait and see...

At LAST!!!:rolleyes: Somebody talks sense!!!! Jeez!!!

I'll be back on www.gunsnroses.com to check for any updates about the single/album.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    And lets not bring VR into this any further, God forbid this topic turn into a childish bitchfest about who is/was more talented etc.

Well, now you mention it.....no, ill restrain myself....ill restrain....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

JC2K3, fair enough, they didnt play here then. Now im just wondering about that t-shirt my mate has?

But anyway, thats good, tour starts today so. Im still unsure though whether he will announce anything. The whole "walk into a record shop and see it there" would be a great thing. Id nearly get lost trying to follow it all myself, lets hope in a month that its here

That whole "You'll walk into a store some Tuesday(Monday in Europe/ROTW) is b******s!!!

That's just to get hype built up!!!! A release date will be announced!!:confused:

Patience, people......PATIENCE!

Sooooooooooooooooooooo..........................................

THE GIT DIDN'T GIVE ANY DETAILS OF A NEW SINGLE/ALBUM RELEASE DATE AT LAST NIGHT'S CONCERT!!!!???:mad:

GIT DIDN'T GIVE ANY DETAILS OF A NEW SINGLE/ALBUM RELEASE DATE AT LAST NIGHT'S CONCERT!!!!???

As you said yourself...Patience

If, as suggested on another bulletin board, the album is due out next month, Axl needs to get his finger out of his ass.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Nightrain

Guns N' Roses: Welcome to the Awesome

Before we commence to embarrasingly gushing over last night's Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy" tour opener at Sunrise's BankAtlantic Center, it is necessary to grant Axl Rose a strict finger-wagging. It is completely inexusable to make your fans wait more than an hour after the last opening act for you to deign to come onstage at 11:20 p.m. Especially since the bulk of your demographic is in their late 20s and early 30s, have jobs and/or families, and are going to be completely wiped out and useless at work this morning because your portion of the show didn't end until 1:30 a.m. So, shame, shame, shame.

However, the show was pretty much the most exciting, gut-pumping, lighter-flicking thing seen so far this year in South Florida. Yes, it's true - long the butt of jokes for his stage shennagins, band line-up shuffling, creative hairdo and long-delayed pet project, frontman Axl Rose and his reconstituted Guns delivered a more than two-hour set that covered most of their older hits and at least one newer number.

The relaxed, friendly and cheerfully profane Rose admitted to being a little worse for wear following some debauched evenings in Miami ("I'd like to know where I was in the wee hours of this morning"), which may have explained his many departures from the stage to allow various bandmembers solos that occassionally slowed the evening down.

But those solos, including a strong guitar jam by former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and an almost Jim Brickman-esque piano piece by longtime keyboardist Dizzy Reed, were mostly started, and they couldn't zap the energy of Capt. Axl and his still-seductive stage snakiness.

The story started strong and mostly stayed that way. After the hideous wait (and there's still no excuse for that) the lights went down on a stage flanked by the letters G N'R in Chinese-like characters. Ominous storm trooper-type music began to play as the restless fans began yelling things like "Come on!" And BOOM!, just like that, the staccato strains of "Welcome To The Jungle" greeted geysers of pyrotechnic flare-ups and the appearance of the strutting Rose, his multi-colored braids tied back behind his head.

"You know where you are?" Rose screamed along with the crowd. "You're in the junnn-gal, bay-BAYY!"

Why, yes we are. Grab that pith helmet and a stun gun and elaborate, my friend.

Rose's voice has always been something of a contridiction - completely comfortable with twisting his pleasant raspiness into a seducticely dangerous shriek. It was in evidence during "Jungle," as well as the intense "You Could Be Mine," "Mr. Brownstone" and "It's So Easy." By the end of the show, he sounded like he'd over-extended himself, but he stopped throwing himself into it, even with the probable hangover pounding on his cornrows.

The band did pretty much everything you'd think they would - the strongest bits included the expert bombast of Wings' "Live And Let Die" (and did you remember how good that thing was?), the welcome whistle of "Patience" and a gleeful "Sweet Child O' Mine."

Oddly, for a tour named "Chinese Democracy," there was very little evidence of the still-unreleased album that lends it its name. Toward the end, before the stomping encore of "Paradise City," Axl and company did the title song, a loud and solid number that invokes the importance of thinking for yourself and not letting them fool ya and what-not. It's OK, although it's no "November Rain." However, it blended seamlessly into the rest of the Guns N' Roses canon, and the modern Guns N'Roses blends seamlessly into the band's legend.

Source: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/streeter/entries/2006/10/guns_n_roses_we.html

• Advertisement

excellent review, except totally unacceptable he didnt appear until 11.20, he did the same in London on the first night

Check out www.newgnr.com NOW!!!!!

I know it's not an official GnR site, but their offical website says absolutely **** ALL, so I'll go with the info on this site....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

and apparently they played in a small town in Antrim when their manager was getting married but I'm not 100% sure about this story....meant to ask one of the locals

It was Keady, in Armagh, not Antrim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Hello, SlashNBurn ;)

I hope they don't promote it, that'd rock. It'd be such a "I don't care how successful this is, I'm doing it for the music and the fans" type move from Axl(in stark contrast to that sellout, Slash).

Slash is not, and never was a sellout. He's one of the best blues-rock guitar soloists ever. Yes, he did play with many different artists. That's what sessian musicans do. He wanted to test his limits as an guitarist, and it produced some of his best work (eg Street Child by Elan). His use of the upper strings and sense of structure when soloing (including the VR album) is utterly unique and amazing so give him some respect.

With regard to Chinese Democracy, I do think there will be a lot of promotion in the last couple of weeks before release. The HD ad, the rolling stone article, suggest that something is afoot. Management have been saying they wanted to silence the ad and the article because "it would be like knowing what your christmas presents are before you get them." They want to spring all their plans at once: the ad, the single and album announcements, and other promotion ideas. I was 99% sure they were gonna announce it last week, now is the first time I'm having doubts about it coming out this year. It has to be finished now as there is no free time (due to touring commitments) to do any more work. So if it's finished, why not announce it? According to Axl, it's late fall, so has to be in November. Ignore all speculation of a release date. As soon as they make a release date, it will be known. And no, we won't just walk into a music shop one day and see it there. Merck said that was a sarcastic remark.

Better is a great choice for a single. It sounded amazing on the HD ad, with the extra lead parts not heard on the leak. Finck isn't great playing Slash solos, but writing his own solos he is amazing, as is Buckethead. The only slightly dissappointing thing about the album is we will probably already heard half of it already. IRS (latest RS article said it will be on the album), Better(single and ad), There Was A Time(Axl), The Blues (Axl), Madagascar (being played for years, has to be on the album) and Chinese Democracy (title track) are all certain to be there, so we've already heard six of the 13 tracks, in one form or another. Better is my favourite, I still remember the first time, I heard it. I thought it was fake when I first heard the intro, but then the classic hard rock riff kicked in. Amazing moment. The metal part is awesome and Finck's melodic bluesy solo caps it all off. Madagascar is also amazing, can't wait to hear the studio version.

Okay, Mr "A.P Nut"!!!

When do you think they'll release the single/album?? Do you think they'll still release it before the end of this year, cos I seriously doubt it......?? If it WAS to be released within the next couple of weeks(the single), wouldnt' the radio stations have gotten hold of it by now......?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement