Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That whole "You'll walk into a store some Tuesday(Monday in Europe/ROTW) is b******s!!!

That's just to get hype built up!!!! A release date will be announced!!:confused:

Patience, people......PATIENCE!

Sooooooooooooooooooooo..........................................

THE GIT DIDN'T GIVE ANY DETAILS OF A NEW SINGLE/ALBUM RELEASE DATE AT LAST NIGHT'S CONCERT!!!!???:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GIT DIDN'T GIVE ANY DETAILS OF A NEW SINGLE/ALBUM RELEASE DATE AT LAST NIGHT'S CONCERT!!!!???

As you said yourself...Patience

If, as suggested on another bulletin board, the album is due out next month, Axl needs to get his finger out of his ass.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Nightrain

Guns N' Roses: Welcome to the Awesome

Before we commence to embarrasingly gushing over last night's Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy" tour opener at Sunrise's BankAtlantic Center, it is necessary to grant Axl Rose a strict finger-wagging. It is completely inexusable to make your fans wait more than an hour after the last opening act for you to deign to come onstage at 11:20 p.m. Especially since the bulk of your demographic is in their late 20s and early 30s, have jobs and/or families, and are going to be completely wiped out and useless at work this morning because your portion of the show didn't end until 1:30 a.m. So, shame, shame, shame.

However, the show was pretty much the most exciting, gut-pumping, lighter-flicking thing seen so far this year in South Florida. Yes, it's true - long the butt of jokes for his stage shennagins, band line-up shuffling, creative hairdo and long-delayed pet project, frontman Axl Rose and his reconstituted Guns delivered a more than two-hour set that covered most of their older hits and at least one newer number.

The relaxed, friendly and cheerfully profane Rose admitted to being a little worse for wear following some debauched evenings in Miami ("I'd like to know where I was in the wee hours of this morning"), which may have explained his many departures from the stage to allow various bandmembers solos that occassionally slowed the evening down.

But those solos, including a strong guitar jam by former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and an almost Jim Brickman-esque piano piece by longtime keyboardist Dizzy Reed, were mostly started, and they couldn't zap the energy of Capt. Axl and his still-seductive stage snakiness.

The story started strong and mostly stayed that way. After the hideous wait (and there's still no excuse for that) the lights went down on a stage flanked by the letters G N'R in Chinese-like characters. Ominous storm trooper-type music began to play as the restless fans began yelling things like "Come on!" And BOOM!, just like that, the staccato strains of "Welcome To The Jungle" greeted geysers of pyrotechnic flare-ups and the appearance of the strutting Rose, his multi-colored braids tied back behind his head.

"You know where you are?" Rose screamed along with the crowd. "You're in the junnn-gal, bay-BAYY!"

Why, yes we are. Grab that pith helmet and a stun gun and elaborate, my friend.

Rose's voice has always been something of a contridiction - completely comfortable with twisting his pleasant raspiness into a seducticely dangerous shriek. It was in evidence during "Jungle," as well as the intense "You Could Be Mine," "Mr. Brownstone" and "It's So Easy." By the end of the show, he sounded like he'd over-extended himself, but he stopped throwing himself into it, even with the probable hangover pounding on his cornrows.

The band did pretty much everything you'd think they would - the strongest bits included the expert bombast of Wings' "Live And Let Die" (and did you remember how good that thing was?), the welcome whistle of "Patience" and a gleeful "Sweet Child O' Mine."

Oddly, for a tour named "Chinese Democracy," there was very little evidence of the still-unreleased album that lends it its name. Toward the end, before the stomping encore of "Paradise City," Axl and company did the title song, a loud and solid number that invokes the importance of thinking for yourself and not letting them fool ya and what-not. It's OK, although it's no "November Rain." However, it blended seamlessly into the rest of the Guns N' Roses canon, and the modern Guns N'Roses blends seamlessly into the band's legend.

Source: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/streeter/entries/2006/10/guns_n_roses_we.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

excellent review, except totally unacceptable he didnt appear until 11.20, he did the same in London on the first night

Check out www.newgnr.com NOW!!!!!

I know it's not an official GnR site, but their offical website says absolutely **** ALL, so I'll go with the info on this site....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

and apparently they played in a small town in Antrim when their manager was getting married but I'm not 100% sure about this story....meant to ask one of the locals

It was Keady, in Armagh, not Antrim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Hello, SlashNBurn ;)

I hope they don't promote it, that'd rock. It'd be such a "I don't care how successful this is, I'm doing it for the music and the fans" type move from Axl(in stark contrast to that sellout, Slash).

Slash is not, and never was a sellout. He's one of the best blues-rock guitar soloists ever. Yes, he did play with many different artists. That's what sessian musicans do. He wanted to test his limits as an guitarist, and it produced some of his best work (eg Street Child by Elan). His use of the upper strings and sense of structure when soloing (including the VR album) is utterly unique and amazing so give him some respect.

With regard to Chinese Democracy, I do think there will be a lot of promotion in the last couple of weeks before release. The HD ad, the rolling stone article, suggest that something is afoot. Management have been saying they wanted to silence the ad and the article because "it would be like knowing what your christmas presents are before you get them." They want to spring all their plans at once: the ad, the single and album announcements, and other promotion ideas. I was 99% sure they were gonna announce it last week, now is the first time I'm having doubts about it coming out this year. It has to be finished now as there is no free time (due to touring commitments) to do any more work. So if it's finished, why not announce it? According to Axl, it's late fall, so has to be in November. Ignore all speculation of a release date. As soon as they make a release date, it will be known. And no, we won't just walk into a music shop one day and see it there. Merck said that was a sarcastic remark.

Better is a great choice for a single. It sounded amazing on the HD ad, with the extra lead parts not heard on the leak. Finck isn't great playing Slash solos, but writing his own solos he is amazing, as is Buckethead. The only slightly dissappointing thing about the album is we will probably already heard half of it already. IRS (latest RS article said it will be on the album), Better(single and ad), There Was A Time(Axl), The Blues (Axl), Madagascar (being played for years, has to be on the album) and Chinese Democracy (title track) are all certain to be there, so we've already heard six of the 13 tracks, in one form or another. Better is my favourite, I still remember the first time, I heard it. I thought it was fake when I first heard the intro, but then the classic hard rock riff kicked in. Amazing moment. The metal part is awesome and Finck's melodic bluesy solo caps it all off. Madagascar is also amazing, can't wait to hear the studio version.

Okay, Mr "A.P Nut"!!!

When do you think they'll release the single/album?? Do you think they'll still release it before the end of this year, cos I seriously doubt it......?? If it WAS to be released within the next couple of weeks(the single), wouldnt' the radio stations have gotten hold of it by now......?:confused:

• Advertisement

If it WAS to be released within the next couple of weeks(the single), wouldnt' the radio stations have gotten hold of it by now......?:confused:

Em...they have got hold of it already and are already playing it

http://www.giantmag.com/2006/10/music/half-life-of-a-sellout-guns-n-roses/
    http://www.giantmag.com/2006/10/music/its-official-world-to-end-november-21st/
    http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

That seems to be all speculation, mate??? :( I haven't heard anything on any Irish radio stations yet....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Slash is not, and never was a sellout. He's one of the best blues-rock guitar soloists ever. Yes, he did play with many different artists. That's what sessian musicans do. He wanted to test his limits as an guitarist, and it produced some of his best work (eg Street Child by Elan). His use of the upper strings and sense of structure when soloing (including the VR album) is utterly unique and amazing so give him some respect.
    You can't deny Slash's talents, but he's far too well respected at this stage, his work outside GNR is vastly overrated. Slash's Snakepit and VR were/are really average. Street Child was OK but nothing compared to what he did with GNR. Slash can write really kickass melodic solos, but without a really powerful songwriter behind him(ie. Axl/Izzy) he really doesn't stand out. In the context of great songs, Slash's solos can make them amazing, but without the great songs Slash doesn't excel. Oh and this is the reason he's a sellout.

You made an interesting statement actually:
    Finck isn't great playing Slash solos, but writing his own solos he is amazing, as is Buckethead.
    IMO Finck isn't amazing at all. Better was a good song and most of the credit goes to him for that, but apart from that I can't see him being good at all. Buckethead on the other hand is amazing and back in 2002 gave Slash a run for his money in terms of soloing on the old GNR songs. Nightrain in particular is a song in which many believe Slash was well and truely outclassed. It's a pity he's not still in the band, especially since Axl's voice is back. Bumblefoot just isn't as good. At least BH is still on the album though.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Slash can write really kickass melodic solos, but without a really powerful songwriter behind him(ie. Axl/Izzy) he really doesn't stand out.

Finck isn't amazing at all. Better was a good song and most of the credit goes to him for that, but apart from that I can't see him being good at all.

Ok, on your first point, I wouldnt agree because I seen Slash and Ronnie Wood performing in Vicar Street together on Dec 8th 2001 (look it up) and think he was absolutely brilliant. He came on at 'Testify' if I remember and stayed for the rest of them, and played excellent, although there were a few minor problems towards the start.

As for Finck, while I was too young to see him in the SFX in 94 with NIN, I did get a review of that gig from an Uncle prior to GNR who said that his guitar playing live is excellent. I seen this first hand for myself in both Dublin and London in June and July this year. He was perhaps better at Wembley then Dublin, the later start maybe giving him a bit more time to focus, but nonetheless a standout guy (although I didnt too much care for his rendition of 'God Save the Queen')

However, the one problem I do have with Finck is that on the Rock in Rio 3 DVD he interacts quite a lot, speaks Spanish to the Brazilian audience and really stands out as a member of the NIN (as opposed to the way he dresses now). Leaving his dress sense behind, he has taken a rather backdrop role recently, but it is interesting to note that Finck was Axl's first choice as replacement for Slash in 1997. Things didnt work out with Zack Wlyde apparently.

However, the one problem I do have with Finck is that on the Rock in Rio 3 DVD he interacts quite a lot, speaks Spanish to the Brazilian audience and really stands out as a member of the NIN (as opposed to the way he dresses now). Leaving his dress sense behind, he has taken a rather backdrop role recently, but it is interesting to note that Finck was Axl's first choice as replacement for Slash in 1997. Things didnt work out with Zack Wlyde apparently.
    Incidentally, Finck was better in 2002. He does not do justice to many of Slash's solos these days. In particular, he seems to have gotten worse at playing the SCOM solo, using even more wah to breeze past the fast part.

Okay, Mr "A.P Nut"!!!
    Clever!:rolleyes: Why didn't I think of that.
    When do you think they'll release the single/album?? Do you think they'll still release it before the end of this year, cos I seriously doubt it......?? If it WAS to be released within the next couple of weeks(the single), wouldnt' the radio stations have gotten hold of it by now......?:confused:

I don't know when they will release the album. All I know is Axl said late fall, which means November. For most artists that means time has run out to announce it. But the new GnR have always done things differently. If the european tour is anything to go by, there will be a minimum of promotion. Having said that, with the HD ad, it shows they are planning something. Mysteron, an insider on HTGTH, said they are planning to push everything on us at once. That means they only need to announce it a short time before the release. This seems likely, but it has to be soon. With the US tour started, the album is either finished and ready for this year or its not. They're still saying this year. That means the album is finished and ready.
    Nope, they're playing the demo we all have. The HD ad is the finished version but its only a clip. It's easy to tell the difference. Listen to the "Na na na" part. In the HD ad, the finished version, there is some extra lead guitar parts which are not there in the full demo version, which is what radio stations play. Two weeks ago one radio station said they were expecting to receive the first single the week after. That didn't happen, so who knows what is going on.
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    You can't deny Slash's talents, but he's far too well respected at this stage, his work outside GNR is vastly overrated. Slash's Snakepit and VR were/are really average. Street Child was OK but nothing compared to what he did with GNR. Slash can write really kickass melodic solos, but without a really powerful songwriter behind him(ie. Axl/Izzy) he really doesn't stand out. In the context of great songs, Slash's solos can make them amazing, but without the great songs Slash doesn't excel. Oh and this is the reason he's a sellout.

This is the biggest load of nonsense of a paragraph I've ever read.

1) I shouldn't have to point out the hypocrisy of you saying Slash is a sellout for doing the Volkswagon ad when Axl just licensed two songs to Harley Davidson. Personally, I don't think either are sellouts. The HD ad is cool, rockers love motorcycles, its good promotion for the album. No problem. The VW ad is also cool. As long as Slash is playing in his trademark blues rock style, I don't see the problem. It's not like he's playing with Girls Aloud or rapping. Maybe he likes Volkswagons. So he gets paid to promote them and play guitar. What exactly is the problem? Not every rocker is a communist. It's actually got some cool music we wouldn't have got to hear otherwise.

2) I think any great musican needs great songs to excel. If Axl didn't have Izzy and Slash writing riffs, he would not have excelled. If he didn't have Finck and Tommy writing tunes, he wouldn't excel either. The better the song, the more motivated you will be to pull out something amazing. If your suggesting he can't write great songs on his own, he wrote Coma from start to finish and handed it to Axl to write lyrics. One of the best songs ever. He also wrote the music for the likes of Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Don't Damn Me, Civil War, Locomotive and many other of GnR's best songs. Music is of course subjective, so if you don't like Slash coz you think his post-GnR stuff sucks, then fair enough. Personally I think Street Child is one of his best solos ever. The riffs to Slither and Sucker Train Blues, the solo on You Got No Right and Loving The Alien. He's still got it. If VR had a better singer, then at least half of that album would have been worthy of GnR, which is pretty impressive, considering he and Duff wrote it in such a short space of time, whereas Axl and the boys have had nearly 10 years.
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    IMO Finck isn't amazing at all. Better was a good song and most of the credit goes to him for that, but apart from that I can't see him being good at all.

What is this opinion based on? Don't mention NIN, its a different style. Please tell me which of the stuff he has written for GnR you do not like. All you mentioned was a part you admit you do like. His solo on the Blues, is brilliant the best part of that song. He caps off Better with a great solo towards the end. His solo fits in nicely on There Was A Time. He plays some good melodic stuff on IRS. I don't know how people can make up their mind on these guys when they haven't even heard any finished versions or seen any writing credits. You say you like There Was A Time - for all you know, he could have wrote that song. Its too early to make up your mind, but I like what he's done so far. What guitar parts of his do you not like?

He's also the most "GnR." The other two are shredders, whereas he is blues rock,that's why I like him. Having said that, he should stay away from the classics. He tries too hard to make Slash's stuff his own style, and it just sounds bad with all those missed notes and staccato hits.
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    Buckethead on the other hand is amazing and back in 2002 gave Slash a run for his money in terms of soloing on the old GNR songs. Nightrain in particular is a song in which many believe Slash was well and truely outclassed.

I actually think you have a point. The shred thing is cool. But remember Slash just wasn't a shredder, and IMO, it would have sounded out of place on the master version of AFD. The whole point was he was playing some down and dirty rock n' roll licks. I do agree though, shredding takes the outros to Nightrain and PC to a whole new level and its a great spectacle for a live show. Bumblefoot's take on Nightrain is awesome. Slash never had the technique to play like that, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Buckethead is also good on the new songs, especially TWAT. Amazing solo. I love the way there is one bluesy solo from Finck and one shred solo from Buckethead on most of the songs. Its a cool and original idea.

Also remember, its easier to play and improve someone else's solo than write one from scratch. For example the genius of the November Rain outo is that amazing sneering lick and the structure of it. Anyone can put their own spin on it, but writing it from scratch takes absolute genius.

1) I shouldn't have to point out the hypocrisy of you saying Slash is a sellout for doing the Volkswagon ad when Axl just licensed two songs to Harley Davidson. Personally, I don't think either are sellouts.
    I think they both are. I wrote that several days befoore Axl sold the rights of Better and Paradise City so it wasn't hypocracy, so fúck you Axl and fúck you Slash.
    2) I think any great musican needs great songs to excel. If Axl didn't have Izzy and Slash writing riffs, he would not have excelled. If he didn't have Finck and Tommy writing tunes, he wouldn't excel either. The better the song, the more motivated you will be to pull out something amazing. If your suggesting he can't write great songs on his own, he wrote Coma from start to finish and handed it to Axl to write lyrics. One of the best songs ever. He also wrote the music for the likes of Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Don't Damn Me, Civil War, Locomotive and many other of GnR's best songs. Music is of course subjective, so if you don't like Slash coz you think his post-GnR stuff sucks, then fair enough. Personally I think Street Child is one of his best solos ever. The riffs to Slither and Sucker Train Blues, the solo on You Got No Right and Loving The Alien. He's still got it. If VR had a better singer, then at least half of that album would have been worthy of GnR, which is pretty impressive, considering he and Duff wrote it in such a short space of time, whereas Axl and the boys have had nearly 10 years.
    It's all opinion really. Slither's riff is generic and unoriginal, Root of all Evil by Dream Theatre is one song in particular with almost exactly the same riff. Sucker Train Blues is almost a carbon copy of It's So Easy. Street Child and You Got No Right would be two of his best post-GNR solos all right though.

My point in that "nonsense paragraph" was really simply that Slash's contribution to GNR is overrated. And outside GNR he hasn't done anything exactly mind blowing. Buckethead's TWAT solo beats anything Slash has done since GNR IMO.
    What is this opinion based on? Don't mention NIN, its a different style. Please tell me which of the stuff he has written for GnR you do not like. All you mentioned was a part you admit you do like. His solo on the Blues, is brilliant the best part of that song. He caps off Better with a great solo towards the end. His solo fits in nicely on There Was A Time. He plays some good melodic stuff on IRS. I don't know how people can make up their mind on these guys when they haven't even heard any finished versions or seen any writing credits. You say you like There Was A Time - for all you know, he could have wrote that song. Its too early to make up your mind, but I like what he's done so far. What guitar parts of his do you not like?

He's also the most "GnR." The other two are shredders, whereas he is blues rock,that's why I like him. Having said that, he should stay away from the classics. He tries too hard to make Slash's stuff his own style, and it just sounds bad with all those missed notes and staccato hits.

I didn't mention NIN.....

Ok, touché, Finck does bring something good to the band. I just don't like him due to the way he butchers Slash's solos. Oh and Richard Fortus isn't a shredder(?). In fact many, incluuding myself, think that he should take Finck's place playing Slash's old solos.

I actually think you have a point. The shred thing is cool. But remember Slash just wasn't a shredder, and IMO, it would have sounded out of place on the master version of AFD. The whole point was he was playing some down and dirty rock n' roll licks. I do agree though, shredding takes the outros to Nightrain and PC to a whole new level and its a great spectacle for a live show. Bumblefoot's take on Nightrain is awesome. Slash never had the technique to play like that, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Buckethead is also good on the new songs, especially TWAT. Amazing solo. I love the way there is one bluesy solo from Finck and one shred solo from Buckethead on most of the songs. Its a cool and original idea.

Also remember, its easier to play and improve someone else's solo than write one from scratch. For example the genius of the November Rain outo is that amazing sneering lick and the structure of it. Anyone can put their own spin on it, but writing it from scratch takes absolute genius.
    Slash did the November Rain solo better than anyone.

Oh and Buckethead IS NOT just a shredder. The TWAT solo contains very little shredding apart from a few frills.

Axl made a funny rant last night in Puerto Rico. This is quoted from the HTGTH forum.

It was hilarious- he directed toward the members of this forum and of mygnrforum. I don't think anyone reported this yet. He said "I haven't done what they call a rant in a long time, but I'm going to rant right now. You know... I don't really have a problem with all the cameras and tape recorders and all of that, but I think it is ****ed up how there are people out there complaining that we are not changing up the show every night. **** that. I could give a **** about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows. We're going to do what we do and play what you want to hear."

Some guy in Ireland? Was it one of us?:D

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Incidentally, Finck was better in 2002. He does not do justice to many of Slash's solos these days. In particular, he seems to have gotten worse at playing the SCOM solo, using even more wah to breeze past the fast part.

Dead right. I noticed that myself and its a problem I have with the players in GNR. I had this theory that they were playing the old songs 'just that little bit worse' with 'just a little less effort' then the original band on purpose.

I went to see David Lee Roth in Vicar Street in April 2004 and he had Brian Young (his guitarist) sounding like Steve Vai and James Lomenzo (who's now in Megadeth, used to be in BLS and White Lion) sounding like Billy Sheenan on 'Just Like Paradise' and if you closed your eyes on the Van Halen covers it sounded like Alex, Michael Anthony and Eddie where up there in front of you.

My point is that any band can play a cover version, but with practice (and we all know the current incarnation of GNR have had a lot of time to practice) you can sound almost identical to the original band while still retaining your own trademark sound (Finck doesnt play Slash's instruments for example) and not comprising the songs.

However, I feel that Axl has instructed the band to purposely play with a little less effort on the older songs and a little more effort on the newer tracks, instrumentals and Wings/Bob Dylan covers (which he has essentially rewritten live) so that popular opinion will swing towards this band playing their own material. Over time, fans wont want to hear SWOM, in 5 to 10 years theyll want to hear 'Better' and 'The Blues'

Thats how I feel anyway

Some guy in Ireland? Was it one of us?:D

They kind of personal attacking behaviour is liable to get you banned. If you cant defend your argument with fact or honest opinion then dont bother starting one in the first place:)

• Advertisement

To be fair, I think Axl was just generalising, and used good ol' Ireland as an example......?

Also, I think the amount of leaks of songs flying around if f**king disgraceful!!!??

I think this kinda thing should be banned......How are artists supposed to make money from record sales, if songs from a new album are "leaked" by some TWAT months before......!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

"Ok, on your first point, I wouldnt agree because I seen Slash and Ronnie Wood performing in Vicar Street together on Dec 8th 2001 (look it up) and think he was absolutely brilliant. " I've Slash's set list from that night..

I have nothing to add to the conversation about GNR though.

TK

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

...a lot of hardcore fighting going on here! I'm not fussed one way or the other on a lot of these issues as I'm not as big a fan as some of you. However, I do feel the need to point out that given the colossal expense to date of this album to date and the greatly reduced profile/visibility of the band, licensing of songs was inevitable. In fact, I would guess we're going to see a Moby "Play" -like situation with this album, with multiple songs being used to be used in ads for Nike/Cars/whatever - sorry!

Johnnycabs wrote:
    I do feel the need to point out that given the colossal expense to date of this album to date and the greatly reduced profile/visibility of the band, licensing of songs was inevitable.

Agreed
    Johnnycabs wrote:
    In fact, I would guess we're going to see a Moby "Play" -like situation with this album, with multiple songs being used to be used in ads for Nike/Cars/whatever - sorry!

I would think that two, and also a situation much like Def Leppard's 'Hysteria' album, you know, where it took them 4 years constant studio work to make and then they had to sell something like 2 to 3 million copies just to break even on the production costs! Although, whether GNR will sell anything near 18million copies remains to be seen

To be fair, I think Axl was just generalising, and used good ol' Ireland as an example......?

Also, I think the amount of leaks of songs flying around if f**king disgraceful!!!??

I think this kinda thing should be banned......How are artists supposed to make money from record sales, if songs from a new album are "leaked" by some TWAT months before......!!!???

Ok, 1) It IS banned....
    2) The leaks were most likely authorised - by GNR management if not Axl himself - for the creation of hype.
    3) There're 4 leaked tracks, hardly a massive amount flying around...

Does anyone else think Del James is just a bit of a LICK ARSE when they read this;
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61362

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

That was quite an interesting read.

That article to me sounds like a concert ticket marketing scheme.

I found the stuff about being late on stage really funny.

When I went to Download 2006, I was really hoping that GN'R were going to be late going on stage. In fact, I was pretty confident that they will be late. They always are. I wanted to see Lordi and GN'R but their two sets slightly overlapped.

Well I saw the whole Lordi set, walked out the tent, and in the distance, I hear Live And Let Die blasting out, at that point I thought "F*ck!" and sprinted like I've never sprinted. I then asked a guy in the crowd what I missed and he said the band started early! What are the odds?

Sod's law on my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Duff rules by the way. Just incase anyone forgot!
    TK

Oeneus wrote:
    That was quite an interesting read.

That article to me sounds like a concert ticket marketing scheme.

indeed it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Oeneus wrote:
    I wanted to see Lordi and GN'R but their two sets slightly overlapped.

Was it not Therapy?

Advertisement