Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christy Moore Top 20

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 panelb/sprayer

the lakes
    ride on
    nancy spain brilliant:
    and definitly message boy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 joconnor59

ye that o keefee guy great christy saw it on youtube looks and sings like the legend
    well hows it goin !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wow people your missing two most important Christy albums from the 1970s which lay between the two seminal Planxty periods. 1975s Whatever Tickles Your Fancy and 1976s Christy Moore (Self titled album or known as the Black album). List of songs from these would fill out yer top 20s.
    Whatever Tickles Your Fancy - Christy Moore Polydor 1975
    1. Home By Bearna 2. January Man 3. Moving-On Song (Go! Move! Shift!) 4. Bunch Of Thyme 5. Tippin' It Up To Nancy 6. Ballad Of Timothy Evans 7. Who Put The Blood 8. One Last Cold Kiss/Trip To Roscoff 9. Van Diemen's Land
    Christy Moore - Christy Moore (Known also as the Black album) Polydor 1976
    1. Dalesman's Litany 2. Galtee Mountain Boy 3. Little Musgrave 4. Wave Up To The Shore 5. Nancy Spain 6. Lanigan's Ball 7.Johnny Jump Up 8. Scariff Martyrs 9. Limerick Rake 10. Boys Of Mullabawn 11. Sacco & Vanzetti

Also anyone looking for Christys Lakes of Pontchartrain, it wasnt recorded under his own name, it was recorded with Planxty and appears on the groups album Cold Blow and the Rainy Night from 1974.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I think the latest recording on the Burning Times album is Christy's best recording of this great song. I have tried to upload it to YT but the Sony nazis were right on top of me..

Definitely in my top 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Also anyone looking for Christys Lakes of Pontchartrain, it wasnt recorded under his own name, it was recorded with Planxty and appears on the groups album Cold Blow and the Rainy Night from 1974.

Thanks for the vids. :)

Re: The Lakes of Ponchartrain - I'm pretty sure he has recorded it solo also. It appears on the Christy Moore Collection 81-91, not sure about the actual album itself. The Planxty version is the definitive recording though..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Thanks for the vids. :)

Re: The Lakes of Ponchartrain - I'm pretty sure he has recorded it solo also. It appears on the Christy Moore Collection 81-91, not sure about the actual album itself. The Planxty version is the definitive recording though..

Yep you're correct Whiskey, the album is 'The Time Has Come' and there is yet another version on the Boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Anyone see Adrian O' Keefe on youtube.. he amazed me how like christy he is...obviously put on but he's great

Saw him live last night! Brilliant stuff. Sang some of his own stuff too, was very very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Old thread I know but "And so do I" from the This is the Day album needs to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Your missing "the Curragh of Kildare" from your list. :D

The Reel in the flickering lights also a serious contender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What about the "Night Visit" particularly the up tempo version.

Welcome to the Cabaret should get a look in as well

Great thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

continental ceili
    beeswing
    casey
    hackler from grouse hall (technically planxty)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Missing you
    Galtee Mountain Boy
    Ordinary Man
    Only Our Rivers Run Free
    The Cliffs Of Dooneen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean96

i think you should add back home in derry to the list as it is a brilliant song and well worth a spot in this top 20

Advertisement