Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage question.

Options
  • 09-07-2020 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I work for a small company doing the general book keeping. (I have no previous accounting experience) it’s sage 50 and a pretty old version, I think 32.
    I entered a few invoices last week into a misc account and when I went to allocate payments against these invoices they are not there. I can see them when I search through transactions but I can’t see them in the actual account so I can allocate the payments.
    If anyone could help me with this I would be eternally grateful. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

was the credit side of the double entry to a creditor misc. account? if not, there will be no creditor to assign the payment against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

was the credit side of the double entry to a creditor misc. account? if not, there will be no creditor to assign the payment against.

I don’t know what you mean by double entry?
    I have only come across this problem this week after working here 4 years. I can see the transactions in the “transactions” section but when I go into the actual misc account to mark the invoices as paid - they are not there? So I can’t mark them as paid. It’s very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

silly wrote: »
    I don’t know what you mean by double entry?
    I have only come across this problem this week after working here 4 years. I can see the transactions in the “transactions” section but when I go into the actual misc account to mark the invoices as paid - they are not there? So I can’t mark them as paid. It’s very frustrating

I'm not sure then. Could you delete the transaction and input it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm not sure then. Could you delete the transaction and input it again?

I did a test transaction today and same thing happened. Thanks for your help anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Are the invoices dated wrong i.e. Way in the future

• Advertisement
Advertisement