Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FRuitems86

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Sometimes it can be a few weeks after the comp closes before they contact , so you might still get lucky

Fingers crossed :) , it says winner notified with 14 days and closed on 22nd! that was my first serious attempt at the ones which allow multiple entries (1 each day for 20days lol) because I really want a Weber :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

FRuitems86 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed :) , it says winner notified with 14 days and closed on 22nd! that was my first serious attempt at the ones which allow multiple entries (1 each day for 20days lol) because I really want a Weber :)
    They dont always stick to the dates, I got called 6 weeks after a competition had closed to be told I won

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sketchers arrived today by UPS.
    ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED.

Were yours personalized? I have still not received

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Yes I got one today had no idea I had won one so a total surprise. I got a power bank as well loved the lime and voucher too. Thanks Gormal
    Looks like there are different extras in the parcels.
    I got a cap, somebody else a hoodie, and now a t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

They dont always stick to the dates, I got called 6 weeks after a competition had closed to be told I won

This also happened to me too a while back. I thought it was because the first winner didn't respond or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Were yours personalized? I have still not received

No, I just asked for plain white.
    But i have to say they look great.
    Absolutely delighted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

brodsy wrote: »
    Win a Fitbit with Muller
    Text Muller & your name to 50400
    https://www.muller.co.uk/taking-part/mullercornerskyrtescoireland
    Reply says one entry per mobile

Posted a few weeks back, had a call to say I won a Fitbit!! Delighted, thanks brodsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭brodsy

imfml wrote: »
    Posted a few weeks back, had a call to say I won a Fitbit!! Delighted, thanks brodsy.

Great news! Well done on your win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭wally79

fritzelly wrote: »

Did they forget to add the entry form or is it just because I am on mobile

All I see is a placeholder *insert form*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

wally79 wrote: »

Yeah lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Same here. But the date on the top says August 6 2018. Seems to be an old competition.

Same here. But the date on the top says August 6 2018. Seems to be an old competition.

Yes unfortunately someone must have resurrected an old competition from 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Yes unfortunately someone must have resurrected an old competition from 2018

Both Roe & Co Distillery and The Mayson only opened last year though, and with the description "This is the year of the staycation" I'd say it has to be a new competition that just hasn't gone live yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Onity wrote: »
    Both Roe & Co Distillery and The Mayson only opened last year though, and with the description "This is the year of the staycation" I'd say it has to be a new competition that just hasn't gone live yet!

Then somebody must be wishing to be transported back to 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purplecorn

Then somebody must be wishing to be transported back to 2018.

Right, but "This is the year of the staycation and Today FM has teamed up with The Mayson to bring you on an incredible VIP staycation."

The Mayson and Roe & Co only opened in 2019, so there is no way this could have been a competition from August 2018. Doesn't it seem more likely that the date of the post is an error, rather than it being an actual post from 2018, describing a prize package containing prizes which couldn't have existed back then?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the form will be up soon! :D

No sign of a form

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FRuitems86

Sometimes it can be a few weeks after the comp closes before they contact , so you might still get lucky

My husband got a call yesterday to say we had won :) absolutely delighted!!!

So did anyone yet get their personalised Skechers?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So did anyone yet get their personalised Skechers?

I didn't win but I have seen people posting previously that they had come

• Registered Users Posts: 28 OzKennard

supervalu.ie/real-people/competitions/doritos

Supervalu website is showing "visit us in store to be in with a chance of winning a PS4!"

Nothing displayed in my local store, curious if anyone else come across it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

OzKennard wrote: »

Supervalu website is showing "visit us in store to be in with a chance of winning a PS4!"

A stand in mine just had promotional packs, I think they were for an older promotion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

OzKennard wrote: »

Also running in Centra... not been in so can't say.

On another note I had a decent win from Supervalu and Charleville Lighter Digital one a €250 supervalu voucher!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Looking to pick some brains, if you don't mind. Does anyone recall a competition to wine 6 bottles of wine? There's a mix of white/red, and a bottle of montagner prosecco in the mix.

I answered the door to the An Post delivery man via Ring today, and as we were about 4 minutes from home, he said he'd leave the package behind my car. I assumed earplugs or shoes (being the only things I've ordered recently) but it was a really unexpected box of wine, with no indication of the originator, and nothing inside the box either!

On the basis that whomever it was that sent it has my address, that narrows down the comp runners, but I cannot find anything via Google, or on the comp thread. Thanks for any help I can get 🙂

guppy wrote: »
    Looking to pick some brains, if you don't mind. Does anyone recall a competition to wine 6 bottles of wine? There's a mix of white/red, and a bottle of montagner prosecco in the mix.

I answered the door to the An Post delivery man via Ring today, and as we were about 4 minutes from home, he said he'd leave the package behind my car. I assumed earplugs or shoes (being the only things I've ordered recently) but it was a really unexpected box of wine, with no indication of the originator, and nothing inside the box either!

On the basis that whomever it was that sent it has my address, that narrows down the comp runners, but I cannot find anything via Google, or on the comp thread. Thanks for any help I can get ��
    Did you email to enter maybe go through the emails.I do remember there was comps recently for wine, but can't remember which ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

On the basis that whomever it was that sent it has my address, that narrows down the comp runners, but I cannot find anything via Google, or on the comp thread. Thanks for any help I can get ��

Wonder does your win pertain to this competition... post 845 on the competition thread :)
    Womans Way

Issue 30

Email your answers and contact details to wwcompetitions@gmail.com giving the issue number in the subject box.

Beauty goody bag
    Answer: page 62

A case of wine
    Answer: a) Venice

Iconic Bronze Dark Luxury Instant Tan
    Answer:Sagittarius

Wonder does your win pertain to this competition... post 845 on the competition thread :)

Usually Woman's Way email you and tell you that you won. I have won twice with them and they emailed to let me know and tell me they were sending my details to the company to deliver. But it might still be them , they might not have emailed this time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's good to see so many boardsies winning but what the hell is your secret?

Only thing I've ever won is a free ferry crossing to the UK - then coronavirus hit and never got the tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Thanks so much for the suggestions, unfortunately none of them fit!
    I'm so delighted with the delivery, but I'd love to thank whomever set me up with the win.

As for the trick of winning, it's literally a numbers game. I won 3 fantastic competitions at the start of this year, but barely won anything last year. I also find that insta comps seem to be won by people with at least 100+ followers, so that rules me out.
    Just keep entering competitions, you will win something sooner or later 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Get on the Coke promos guys. I’ve won a football jersey already (2/3 days in). The branded packs are slowly being released.

I’ve won so much with their Premier League stuff in the last year. One jersey, 3 X JD sports vouchers and PL tickets plus travel money.

Think the best tacked is to enter after 6pm.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for the suggestions, unfortunately none of them fit!
    I'm so delighted with the delivery, but I'd love to thank whomever set me up with the win.

As for the trick of winning, it's literally ay numbers game. I won 3 fantastic competitions at the start of this year, but barely won anything last year. I also find that insta comps seem to be won by people with at least 100+ followers, so that rules me out.
    Just keep entering competitions, you will win something sooner or later ��
    I have won a few times on instagram and have very few followers less than 300. I dont know majority of them. It is just people who follow me because they want me to follow them back. I have seen people with mot that many win sometimes. Sorry I read the comment wrong first I thought it said 1000 followers. So I had to edit my reply. But keep at the instagram. It is just that so many people enter everything now. I am doing Facebook comps for over 10 years and then Twitter and in more recent years instagram. It is crazy how many people enter things now. Can be 1000s entering. Years ago they wasn't many entering and it was so much easier to win. I used to have a few wins most weeks now its down to a few every few months. Since January this year only 6. I find now I have more luck away from social media competitions because there are so many entering the other ones.

Advertisement