Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

That is the same weekend as all points east festival in Victoria Park London. Lineup includes the strokes, chemical brothers, bon ivor and Christina and the Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

corm500 wrote: »
    That is the same weekend as all points east festival in Victoria Park London. Lineup includes the strokes, chemical brothers, bon ivor and Christina and the Queen

That's over a few weekends afaik. Think only Bon Iver playing June bank hol weekend. https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/

Yeah was wondering was there gonna an overlap here with APE gigs but doesn't look to be really. Think promoters like to split up acts to get better bang for their buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Young Melv really sees gold in them there green hills dunnee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

As we're 3 months out possibly,

I'm going to guess it's a non camping fest which will also have day tickets.

I reckon it'll be 2 day.

Something on the scale of 1 main stage with one smaller stage for smaller acts. Similar to their community festival/live at finsbury gigs.

Dublin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I reckon it'll be 2 day.

Something on the scale of 1 main stage with one smaller stage for smaller acts. Similar to their community festival/live at finsbury gigs.

Dublin

Yea maybe on the lines TRNSMT festival

• Advertisement

I reckon it'll be 2 day.

Dublin

Yeah think that would make sense. Have a feeling it's not a camping festival.

Clever he's using sold-out EP line-up to get buzz going for new festival

It's going to be nice to have two different lineups to fawn over on wens.

reckon The Black Keys may be on the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Stillill42

We must be heading for festival saturation at this stage, no?

Stillill42 wrote: »

I would hope that it leads to fests becoming more creative with lineups and also changing up their arenas more often.

I see some nice lineups in the UK.

Could also help bring down the price of tickets too with fests being competetitive.

Guess not if they see a demand! EP has expanded over the years but Oxegen gone. There's probably more smaller festivals alright. I'd say this will be a 10,000 or thereabouts yoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭endainoz

I may or may not have some insider info on this one. AMP are looking to do a festival in Ireland this summer and was approached about hosting it on my farm last September.

Ultimately they didn't go any further with me unfortunately, but they had two other venues in mind, one was Ennis and the other was Westport.

This may not be related at all but it could be!

I would hope that it leads to fests becoming more creative with lineups and also changing up their arenas more often.

I see some nice lineups in the UK.

Could also help bring down the price of tickets too with fests being competetitive.

Yea the UK have some decent smaller festivals that we could copy from who aim for the rock/indie/alternative

YN19-FIRST-Line-Up-1080x1350-01-1600x2000.png

Truck-Festival-2019-First-Announcement-6PM-EMBARGO-241x300.png

2000trees-February-2019-header_248ed78b6649d6cda0fcadc1ac9bc23e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

endainoz wrote: »
    I may or may not have some insider info on this one. AMP are looking to do a festival in Ireland this summer and was approached about hosting it on my farm last September.

Ultimately they didn't go any further with me unfortunately, but they had two other venues in mind, one was Ennis and the other was Westport.

This may not be related at all but it could be!

Ennis would be dead handy for me, around Dromoland castle would be brilliant.

Good to know that when we finally get round to organising our own festival, endainoz has the venue sorted.

MODS: Do ye want to maybe break this into a new thread instead of taking over the EP one?

Stillill42 wrote:
    Good to know that when we finally get round to organising our own festival, endainoz has the venue sorted.

Just tell me when guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

For east coast/Leinster definitely. For the west coast we’ve only got the smallish Sea Sessions & Fever Pitch.
    Far less populated but surely a festival on the Atlantic in the vein of Lisdoonvarna could draw crowds from everywhere?

I still expect it to be in the east.

Anyway it seems pretty late to announce a new Summer fest. They’ve obviously got some decent acts booked and an All Points East tie-in makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

endainoz wrote: »

Who are AMP?

lc180 wrote:
    Who are AMP?

Annie Mac presents, already do a fest in Malta each year

Seathrun66 wrote:
    For east coast/Leinster definitely. For the west coast we’ve only got the smallish Sea Sessions & Fever Pitch. Far less populated but surely a festival on the Atlantic in the vein of Lisdoonvarna could draw crowds from everywhere?

Absolutely! We need more in this side of the country. Funny how you mentioned Lisdoonvarna actually, that was the reason I got on to AMP originally. It was held on our farm for all except the very first year.

Unfortunately I think the higher population areas with always get more festivals though. Who knows, maybe a few heads here could get together and talk seriously about doing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Hoping it's west coast so as to avoid the radius clause and prevent good acts from turning down EP in favour of it. Or at least far enough away from Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭dav09

As previously mentioned, I saw this on a Facebook post which was taken from a newspaper source, where MCD (Who are with Festival Republic) has applied for a permit for 3 nights at Dún Laoghaire. I wonder if this is it? Fits the seaside description well UAaMjAx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Rfrip

If tame impala and Robyn get announced for this new festival I swear to Christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is forbidden fruit that weekend?

Radiohead play the bandstand in Dun Laoghaire.

I guess Madness are the first announcement then.

Playing the 1st june

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is forbidden fruit that weekend?
    Yup, this could be their ploy to mess with P.O.D. even more as Forbidden Fruit seems struggling acts wise this year which could suggest ticket sales have been poor but may announce more, just have noticed Mura Masa went from tier 3 act to headliner in 2 years without really releasing an album in between, just says a lot. Have noticed it's Friday, Saturday, Sunday, unline Forbidden Fruit Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Not sure if there's room for both festivals in Dublin on the same weekend unless targeting different age groups (Madness would fit this if booked).

Interesting how they're going for Fri Sat Sun, allows the customer to recover on the bank holiday Monday.

I reckon target audience is 25+

Silly question but how is there room for a stage and 8,000 people on DL pier? :confused:

• Advertisement

If they have booked this and are targeting older age groups, what sense was does it make for MCD to book Nile Rodgers for the same night (2nd of June), to play in the same city but at a different venue? (Even though many of us have seen him far too many times before) wouldn't he have be perfect for this?

Advertisement