Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feile 19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AndrewLooby

Anyone available for a quick chat down the phone for a Radio Package ahead of this weekends Feile . Would love to talk to people about past ' Trips to Tipp' You memories ect . PM please .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Acosta wrote: »
    A full on Trip To Tipp as in what it was back in the 90's with a lot more current stuff and more acts in general. In fairness by the late 90's the manics, foo fighters and Rage were playing big stages and releasing top 10 albums in a time when that meant you were selling a lot of records.
    Yes by the late nineties well after they'd played Tipp prior to then it was Tivoli level. There was an alternative culture to throughout the nineties pretty much everything was embraced to a degree, now its a bit of a members only club when it comes to the mainstream but luckily streaming has helped artists keep their head above water so they can sell tour tickets where the money is for them. Also in the 90s majority of mainstream,one hit wonders and what not rarely toured but now they could be fighting for space on the same bill as any other artist.
    Acosta wrote: »
    Things have shifted so much now in the music business, with the industry being so much smaller now it's meant that quality guitar bands, left field stuff and general alternative music have been pushed so far away from the main stream by mediocrity that if they were to go current something like Picture This or The Coronas would headline it.
    I guess it would be possible to mix it up with the likes of what they have on the bill now with some higher standard legacy acts and some quality current stuff...I dunno, it's a long time since a festival line-up in Ireland has made me sit up and take notice.
    This is exactly why I wouldn't have expected anything, Picture This and Coronas being described as guitar bands, christ on a bike! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Will they release the stage times before Friday, it starts at 3 i think but i wont be able to go until 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Email just now regarding times

The Countdown is on for Féile ’19 taking place this weekend at Semple Stadium
    The final stage timetable has been confirmed for this weekend’s festival which will host a world beating range of Irish performers including Sinead O’Connor, The Stunning, Horslips and Sultans of Ping and some very special guests.
    Curated by Tom Dunne, FÉILE ‘19 will see one of the strongest Irish music line-ups ever assembled take to the stage at Semple Stadium this weekend.

Iconic acts including Sinéad O’Connor performing the songs of Shane Mac Gowan Horslips, The Stunning, Eleanor McEvoy, The Fat Lady Sings, The Pale, Picturehouse, The Frank & Walters, Sultans of Ping, and Therapy? just to name a few will take the stage with 90’s icons Transvision Vamp’s Wendy James and (Unbeliveable!) EMF joining the party

Your hosts across the weekend will include Tom Dunne, Jerry Fish,Dustin the Turkey and tons of classic clips from Feile TV !

The festival has just announced the finer details of what is set to be a great weekend with the opening acts being Picturehouse on the Friday and Mundy on Saturday kicking off 2 huge days respectively on the main stage . Before that Tipp’s finest The 2 Johnnies and Paul Collins will host a very special “ Up for Feile” Show at the dome kicking off at 4pm with interviews and craic from a host of familiar Feile Faces.

Food will also be a big part of the line-up over the weekend with the Food for Life festival area, curated by renowned Michelin Star chef Kevin Thornton, open until 2am each day. A variety of Ireland’s finest food establishments from Shaka Poké to LaLa Poutine will be there tickling the taste buds of festival goers along with a bespoke cocktail menu from Dingle Gin, Tullamore Dew and the barefoot wines prosecco tent.

The Féile ’19 festival gates will open at 3pm on Friday and 2pm on Saturday with limited tickets available on the door each day. For those setting up camp for the weekend, the campsite will open from 10am on Friday morning at Croaghs Athletic pitch.

And the news coming direct from Phily Ryan’s pub in Nenagh is that Shane Mac Gowan is feeling fine and hoping to join Sinead on Friday night!

So Get the gang back together and head to Thurles where the craic has always been 90’s!
    Below is an outline of stage times schedule across the weekend:

Friday 20th September

MAIN STAGE

17:00: Jerry Fish

18:00: Wendy James

19:00: Eleanor Mc Evoy

19:45: The Frank & Walters

20:30: Sinéad O’Connor

21:30: Horslips

22:30: The Stunning

THE DOME STAGE

EARLY

16:00: Paul Collins & The 2 Johnnies present - UP for Feile

Interviews to include Dustin the Turkey, The Frank & Walters, The Stunning, Kevin Thornton and loads more live on Stage

17:00: Picturehouse Live on Stage

LATE

23:30: The Pale Live

00:30: DJ Micky Mac & Will Leahy till late

TIPP TOP

EARLY

15:30 : Bright Falls

16:15: DJ Micky Mac & Kev Cotter

LATE

23:30: Silent Disco: KORMAC v NDT

Friday 20th September

Campsite open: 10:00

Gates: 15:00

Saturday 21st September

Campsite open: 10:00

Gates: 14:00

MAIN STAGE

16:30: Mundy

17:30: The Fat Lady Sings

18:30: Thin Lizzy’s Brian Downey’s Alive & Dangerous

With Eric Bell & Andy Cairns

19:30: EMF

20:30: Therapy

21:30: Sultans of Ping

22:30: Something Happens

THE DOME STAGE

EARLY

15:30: Jack O’Rourke

16:00: Paul Collins & The 2 Johnnies present UP For Féile

Interviews to include EMF, Something Happens, Kevin Thornton and loads more live on Stage

LATE

23:00: Jester Live

23:30: The Blizzards Live

00:30: DJ Will Leahy til late

TIPP TOP

EARLY

15:30: Seskin Lane

16:15: DJ Micky Mac & Kev Cotter

LATE

23:30: Silent Disco - Le Galaxie DJ’s V DJ NDT

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Strange times there, the 2 supposed headline acts, Sinead & sultans are just 1 hour time slots. Franks are only 45min, yet Wendy James gets 1hr. Thought Sinead would be on the next slot too.

Christ. They’re gonna lose a ton of money on this. Safe to say there won’t be a feile next year.
    The acts would likely be cheap enough to get in, as I was saying its the type you would see at Leopardstown races. If they do it next year they will might find it difficult to get an early sales, as if I was to go next year I would certainly be holding out for half price tickets again -as would others.

This is why I reckon it is rare enough to see discounted tickets from big promotors. You can see three customers get it for 3arena, otherwise it is rare enough and they just give them out free, like what happened with Taylor Swift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looks a laugh might go up for the Friday and come home. Travelmaster running buses

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

What's the story with the after parties this year? Didn't the local cheif superintendent go on a massive power trip last year and closed everything down early so he ensured he had "his town" cleared of any riff raff and late night trouble. The average age was 50 FFS! What a massive spanner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Email just now regarding times

20:30: Therapy

21:30: Sultans of Ping

22:30: Something Happens

That's a ****ing joke. Something Happens on after Therapy? and Sultans of Ping.. wtf? That's not the order of the line-up on the posters and promo stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭SteM

That's a ****ing joke. Something Happens on after Therapy? and Sultans of Ping.. wtf? That's not the order of the line-up on the posters and promo stuff

Conspiracy theory time.....

Did I read somewhere that Tom Dunne involved with the organisation of this? Headliners would be paid more than other acts I guess and this thing looks like might loose money this year, so maybe he's cutting costs by having his own band headline. Just a thought because it does seem like a strange line-up announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

SteM wrote: »
    Conspiracy theory time.....

Did I read somewhere that Tom Dunne involved with the organisation of this? Headliners would be paid more than other acts I guess and this thing looks like might loose money this year, so maybe he's cutting costs by having his own band headline. Just a thought because it does seem like a strange line-up announcement.

I actually feel the opposite, I thought it was strange that Sultans of Ping, who for most people have only had one song they can name, was being touted as Top Billing on the early posters, and someone like Something Happens or The Stunning, who for most people have had a few hits, were in such small font on the posters. Also, The Stunning headlined the Saturday night last year too.

So for me at least the released line up looks more like what I'd expect it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭SteM

jasonb wrote: »
    I actually feel the opposite, I thought it was strange that Sultans of Ping, who for most people have only had one song they can name, was being touted as Top Billing on the early posters, and someone like Something Happens or The Stunning, who for most people have had a few hits, were in such small font on the posters. Also, The Stunning headlined the Saturday night last year too.

So for me at least the released line up looks more like what I'd expect it to be.

I meant the line up was strange based on all of the advertising and marketing material released up until now. Festivals generally don't release ads showing their headliner in the least prominent position.

SteM wrote: »
    I meant the line up was strange based on all of the advertising and marketing material released up until now. Festivals generally don't release ads showing their headliner in the least prominent position.

Couldn't agree more, definite strange layout of the original posters etc. compared to the now confirmed order of appearance of the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can be a crowd control measure where a smaller band plays last so not everyone leaves at once. Happens at almost every festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Have a pair of tickets (weekend & camping) which I'd be happy to pass to anyone who's interested. Can arrange a pickup in and around Dublin if that helps.

Get in touch by PM.

001260cf-614.jpg

That looks to me like Therapy? and Sultans of Ping are headlining and that's why I bought a half price ticket.

In actual fact, they will be playing for 45 - 50 minutes each in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vangoghslow

I have two weekend camping tickets if anyone is interested. Pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Really looking forward to this now. Moving tickets seems to have been a real problem for the promoters but if it is anything like last year's event then it will make for a great two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

yknaa wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this now. Moving tickets seems to have been a real problem for the promoters but if it is anything like last year's event then it will make for a great two days.

I can confirm that you literally can't give them away!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Enjoy whomever is going

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭selfbuildache

To answer the poor OP's question:

The Greyhound Stadium is open for parking this year, just across the road - last year I think it cost us 10 or 20 euro to park the camper for the night. A little cheaper than that 150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

See all the camping is booked out so some few must be going, anyway two days away from the kids and a few drinks, how bad.

Looks like it's gonna piss down on Saturday unfortunately.

Is there anything decent on in the town if it comes to that?

Looks like it's gonna piss down on Saturday unfortunately.

Is there anything decent on in the town if it comes to that?

https://www.thetriptotipp.com/file-flipside

• Registered Users Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

2 weekend tickets for €71 !!!!

WTF !?!
    I thought I was doing well getting the 2 weekenders for €180 ……………

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Well.this doesn't bode well. 15 mins to go and the stadium is almost empty, with the stage tucked away in the far corner... Some more people outside at the food court/Dome Stage but at the moment at least it's a lot quieter than last year, with the stage in a worse location...

Are engine alley playing, thought it was on the website

Are engine alley playing, thought it was on the website

Looks like they're only using half the stadium (or less) now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the Story with MacGowan, heard rumors he was meant to appear but by all accounts he's over in his usual spot.

Looks like they're only using half the stadium (or less) now?

Using about a third of it, one end of it basically, with the stage on one sideline. Despite the poor layout, there's a good atmosphere up near the front...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Great day and great atmosphere. Good crowd too.
    Sinead O'Connor was amazing. Horslips fantastic.
    Stage layout was spot on I thought. Made for a good atmosphere

Advertisement