Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feile 19

• 27-08-2019 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anybody going to this purchased a camper van ticket, the seem abit on the pricey side at 150, anybody aware of any other parking options around the town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Tickets are 2 for 1 tomorrow til Sunday https://twitter.com/TipperaryGAA/status/1166736776138039296

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sales must be fairly shìte unsurprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 46 munkytennis

why so ?

why so ?

Because they’re doing 2 for 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

You'd be pretty peeved (to say the least) if you just recently bought some tickets! That's really bad form!

• Advertisement

robo wrote: »
    You'd be pretty peeved (to say the least) if you just recently bought some tickets! That's really bad form!

Annoying I'd say.. but it does happen, i.e Taylor Swift's two Croke Park dates last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

robo wrote: »

Agreed. And given there are tickets a-plenty left on the site - only the "4for2 Weekend Ticket - with Camping" is listed as Sold Out at present - I'd imagine this could be the last year of this sorry revival.

The novelty factor of it being in Semple Stadium with the orchestra would have drawn a few curious heads in once, but trying to make it an annual thing was folly. Pitching it as Tipp Classical 2019 in the first instance only to drop the orchestra and change the tag-line to Féile '19 was the first sign of money trouble. Offering two for one tickets confirms they're not shifting and advertising the current sale as a way of "Celebrating Tipperary's 2 All Ireland Wins" as it does on the poster just reeks of desperation, they're fooling nobody with that line.

If you take away the "Féile" aspect entirely and imagine this as a 2-dayer anywhere else (say Kilkenny or Killarney, or even Dublin) any promoter would struggle to sell tickets - the line up is just too weak.

I got one for the Saturday at 2 for 1 price, happy to pay that for Therapy? and Sultans of Ping anyway.

I saw on Up for The Match they gave tickets to everyone in the audience.. that doesn't bode well for sales or the crowd at it either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the line up is just too weak.
    +1, the sultans are headlining, I love them, saw them in whelans for just €23 a few years ago. The headliners at the original feiles would be have been playing 3arena commanding fairly high prices.

Lots of the bands would be the sort to appear at leopardstown races.

A day ticket is ~€90, which is ~4 times what I paid for sultans alone, I would rather spend it on 4 different gigs. Especially if I add in transport costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Acosta

When I heard this was coming back I wrongly assumed they meant a proper full on Trip To Tipp festival not a few pub bands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Kenzothe

picaso30 wrote: »
    Anybody going to this purchased a camper van ticket, the seem abit on the pricey side at 150, anybody aware of any other parking options around the town.

So any camper parking options in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Acosta wrote: »
    When I heard this was coming back I wrongly assumed they meant a proper full on Trip To Tipp festival not a few pub bands

Whats a proper full on Trip to Tipp? From what I can see imo its clinging too much to the past.

Majority of the acts that headlined those times in the 90s weren't exactly playing sizeable venues here prior to the slot (yup Even Meat Loaf) some exceptions with the Prodigy and INXS I believe.

Easy to look back now and see Manics,Cypress Hill,Rage against the Machine,Foos and whatever when they've more one album or so out.

Sinead O'Connor is on the Late Late tonight, shes playing the Friday at this.

Surely it won't be one for everyone in the audience.. will it? A real low ebb if they fill it with Late Late show heads, should make for an interesting mosh pit.

Update: yea it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Update: yea it happened.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I hope the Crash Test Dummies don't clash with Utah Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just saw 2 for 1 again on facebook

https://www.thetriptotipp.com/tickets
    You can now buy 2 tickets for the price of 1 for Fe 19! For example if you want 2 Weekend Tickets for the price of 1 chose ‘2’ from the drop down menu to the right of the ticket and then hit ‘Order Now’ when you scroll down. Also, you don’t need a promo code!

If you have any questions just click on the messenger and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can. Bear with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

rubadub wrote: »
    Just saw 2 for 1 again on facebook

https://www.thetriptotipp.com/tickets

Christ. They’re gonna lose a ton of money on this. Safe to say there won’t be a feile next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

I don’t think it’s possible to not get them 2 for 1 now, if you buy them on Eventbrite they’re all 2 for 1. Rather annoying considering we paid full price for them months ago.

That said, we’re half expecting it to be cancelled at this stage, they clearly haven’t sold well...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 munkytennis

Hi All
    just to confirm the gig is fully going ahead. I'm part of the team on the show and while it's been tough the response to Sineads performance on the late late and the 2 for 1 for existing ticket holders has been great and the gig is all on!
    Joe

• Advertisement

Hi All
    just to confirm the gig is fully going ahead. I'm part of the team on the show and while it's been tough the response to Sineads performance on the late late and the 2 for 1 for existing ticket holders has been great and the gig is all on!
    Joe

That's good to hear, thanks...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

It really needs to be on during the summer
    Also the lay out last year was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wouldn't mind seeing therapy? but I've no interest in the rest. Thurles is just too awkward for this (haven't been there since the actual Feile's back in the day so presumably it's a lot worse now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Wouldn't mind seeing therapy? but I've no interest in the rest. Thurles is just too awkward for this (haven't been there since the actual Feile's back in the day so presumably it's a lot worse now)
    Therapy? Have a big anniversary tour tbc so you will definitely get to see them play elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Peter File wrote: »
    Therapy? Have a big anniversary tour tbc so you will definitely get to see them play elsewhere

I've already seen them many times. But this sounds pretty cool with the Chamber orchestra.
    It has been a while since Martin and his cello were involved for Diane.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's an orchestra this time? They renamed it from Feile Classical and so far I can't find any reference to the orchestra.

Anyone any news on the stage times yet?

jasonb wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don't think there's an orchestra this time? They renamed it from Feile Classical and so far I can't find any reference to the orchestra.

Anyone any news on the stage times yet?

I asked about stage times on the Saturday and the main stage is ending at 23:30 and then the silent disco thing goes on til 03:00.

Confused myself about the orchestra, is there or isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kenzothe

Not there this year as far as I know. Will be there for Sinead o Connor on Friday but the rest i don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Any idea what the schedule is for Saturday? Looking forward to SoPFC and Therapy? but could take or leave the rest. My wife is working that day and don't want to see her busting a gut to get there for Mundy or Something Happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Acosta

Whats a proper full on Trip to Tipp? From what I can see imo its clinging too much to the past.

Majority of the acts that headlined those times in the 90s weren't exactly playing sizeable venues here prior to the slot (yup Even Meat Loaf) some exceptions with the Prodigy and INXS I believe.

Easy to look back now and see Manics,Cypress Hill,Rage against the Machine,Foos and whatever when they've more one album or so out.

A full on Trip To Tipp as in what it was back in the 90's with a lot more current stuff and more acts in general. In fairness by the late 90's the manics, foo fighters and Rage were playing big stages and releasing top 10 albums in a time when that meant you were selling a lot of records.

Things have shifted so much now in the music business, with the industry being so much smaller now it's meant that quality guitar bands, left field stuff and general alternative music have been pushed so far away from the main stream by mediocrity that if they were to go current something like Picture This or The Coronas would headline it.
    I guess it would be possible to mix it up with the likes of what they have on the bill now with some higher standard legacy acts and some quality current stuff...I dunno, it's a long time since a festival line-up in Ireland has made me sit up and take notice.

Advertisement