Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP McManus Pro-Am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

wife got me tickets to the pro am for my birthday a few months back.
    had actually forgotten about it till i seen the thread up top

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Keano wrote: »
    This is a golf forum so let’s stick to talking about just that! Thanks

The story is specifically about the golf charity event ?

We always speak about issues around golf like, Nama etc.

?

Can I post link to story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Keano wrote: »
    This is a golf forum so let’s stick to talking about just that! Thanks

What's the issue with discussing it here? It's very relevant to the ProAm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Seve OB wrote: »
    wife got me tickets to the pro am for my birthday a few months back.
    had actually forgotten about it till i seen the thread up top

I’m heading down as well if you fancy coming this way. Can share the spin with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I’m heading down as well

I'll see yis down there :D

• Advertisement

RoadRunner wrote: »
    I'll see yis down there :D

Road trip!!

I’m heading down as well if you fancy coming this way. Can share the spin with you.

I'm going with herself. dropping the kids with her bro and shacking up in some fancy hotel for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm going with herself. dropping the kids with her bro and shacking up in some fancy hotel for the night.

couldn't pay me to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

couldn't pay me to go.

Only chance of seeing a lot of these players on Irish soil this year. Superb event, very well run, reasonably priced and on the best parkland course in the country (possibly in Europe).

You may have no interest but there are thousands upon thousands that will have interest and all the while will be contributing to good causes. A feast of world class golf on your doorstep.

Plenty will enjoy it while you abstain for whatever reason;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Only chance of seeing a lot of these players on Irish soil this year. Superb event, very well run, reasonably priced and on the best parkland course in the country (possibly in Europe).

You may have no interest but there are thousands upon thousands that will have interest and all the while will be contributing to good causes. A feast of world class golf on your doorstep.

Plenty will enjoy it while you abstain for whatever reason;)

It'll be a great spectacle, but ill be abstaining for a number of reasons. For me the lack of true competitiveness makes it less appealing. It's an exhibition match, a friendly, a chance for Niall Horan to play golf with a pro, and half the spectators with no interest in golf to celeb spot.

Not for me, but no doubt it'll be an enjoyable event if that's your thing. Irish Open is more my thing to watch live golf tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Hoboo wrote: »
    It'll be a great spectacle, but ill be abstaining for a number of reasons. For me the lack of true competitiveness makes it less appealing. It's an exhibition match, a friendly, a chance for Niall Horan to play golf with a pro, and half the spectators with no interest in golf to celeb spot.

Not for me, but no doubt it'll be an enjoyable event if that's your thing. Irish Open is more my thing to watch live golf tbh.

I get where you are coming from but if you are into your golf I can't think of anything better than going to the range in Adare and watching Tiger, Rory, DJ, Mickelson, Rahm, Finau, Schauffele, Fleetwood, Stenson, Sergio etc etc hitting all the clubs in the bag and just seeing the different ball flights of each. I know it's not a major or even an Irish Open but it is a rare treat to see the PGA Tour players in our neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's amazing what JP can do that the Irish Open can't.

Looking forward to it and to seeing the course.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's amazing what JP can do that the Irish Open can't.

In a word, money

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

slave1 wrote: »
    In a word, money

He must be paying them some bucks.

Isn't this all for charity :pac:

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

a chance for Niall Horan to play golf with a pro

He’s alright in my books. Invested in Irish golf. Would like to see him paired with Garcia or one of the other Spaniards after this :Dhttps://youtu.be/h_cY0yohFo4

Regarding the pro am, the at&t pebble beach pro am in 2019 was one of the most viewed golf events last year outside majors*

For x100 times the price you could fly to Augusta, listen to roars of bababoey and getinthehole and probably not have enough room to watch the final putt go in. I’m alright without mashedpotatoes. Looking forward to adare. Hopefully it’s as good a vibe as portrush was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

it's a strange one for me.

as much as I love playing the game I have little or no interest in watching others play regardless of how good or famous they are. Seems like the waste of a day when you could be playing instead.

couldn't pay me to go.

All the big names Fix.

Mantis Toboggan. Charlieirl. Seveob. Keano.

Sitting down on a patch of pristine grass, in the sunshine, with a cold beer, while the blood vessels in Miley Byrne's neck start jutting out because he's screaming "Yabba Dabba Do" so hard at Niall Horan as he walk by :D

It's on the way...

summer-i-imgflip-com-olaf-imgflip-52871291.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hopefully the amateurs are a bit better this time around.

Alot of the people playing in previous Pro Ams couldnt knock the ball out of their way ,they'd no business there .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

He must be paying them some bucks.

Isn't this all for charity :pac:

Yes - he'll probably pay them out of his own pocket and make sure charities benefit as much as possible.

Any way of getting tickets for it?
    It sold out before I had a chance to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

It'll be great craic Id imagine, the tournaments can sometimes feel like a library........more I think about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

How many tickets have been sold for this? I'm guessing that so many high profile players should spread the crowd out among different groups (with the exception of Tigers group).

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I missed the sale last August by a couple of days. Still looking for a pair.
    I can offer 2 tickets for Liverpool v Atletico Madrid or 2 tickets for Liverpool v Burnley, or any game at Anfield next season, plus cash difference in return/swap for 2 tickets for JP pro am.

I can offer 2 tickets for Liverpool v Atletico Madrid or 2 tickets for Liverpool v Burnley, or any game at Anfield next season, plus cash difference in return/swap for 2 tickets for JP pro am.

Really? Wow. Nearly tempted to flog mine so!

tempted to flog mine so!

Untitled-12.jpg

damn

have you season tickets?

my daughter is mad to go to Anfield (as am I... not been in well over 10 years)… however I don't think I'd be allowed swap unfortunately. However, I think you should start coming to the boards golf outings... be nice to know someone on the inside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

Has anyone here qualified for the Grand Qualifier? Supposedly it's being held on the 28th and 29th of May (Thursday and Friday).

I've been told that notifications for details are to be sent out in the next few weeks, but does anyone have an inside track as to what way it will work? I assume you will only play 1 of the days? Has anyone heard the exact details yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Bump. Can still offer a pair for Burnley in exchange for a pair for JP McManus Pro Am.

Bump. Can still offer a pair for Burnley in exchange for a pair for JP McManus Pro Am.

Don't do it charlie :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

Hi you can get tickets by playing in qualifiers. There are a small number left. You have to pay €150 or so per person but that money goes to the charity running the qualifier. and you get the chance to qualify to play in Adare..

Advertisement