Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjustable Dumbbells

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

The price for adjustable dumbells has gone mental.

few years ago I picked up a pair of 'Bodymax 32.5Kg Selectabell' for €380 from mcsport.ie.
    now they charge 450 for 24KG ones, which kinda look like worse quality.

Also, there seems to be a glut of them appearing on adverts/donedeal, going for up to €400 for a single dumbell!!!

A quick google image search, brings the same ones up on AliExpress for €100 each for the 40KG ones.
    Shipping for a pair is not worth it, but if you wanted to make a few quid, you could sort out sharing a container or something :-)

e.g.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20210122075607&SearchText=adjustable+dumbbell

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

bambam wrote: »

few years ago I picked up a pair of 'Bodymax 32.5Kg Selectabell' for €380 from mcsport.ie.

Also, there seems to be a glut of them appearing on adverts/donedeal, going for up to €400 for a single dumbell!!!

A quick google image search, brings the same ones up on AliExpress for €100 each for the 40KG ones.
    Shipping for a pair is not worth it, but if you wanted to make a few quid, you could sort out sharing a container or something :-)

e.g.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20210122075607&SearchText=adjustable+dumbbell

The price of a container from china has gone through the roof , it's gone from about €1600 ish to the guts of €8000 in the last 12 months , you can expect the prices to keep on creeping up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

gizabeer wrote: »
    The price of a container from china has gone through the roof , it's gone from about €1600 ish to the guts of €8000 in the last 12 months , you can expect the prices to keep on creeping up

Damn, really? Is that because of Covid? In fairness though, the prices on these jumped super high way before covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Got an email today to tell me that the set I'd ordered have seemingly gone missing in transit. Anywhere I'm checking online seems to be out of stock for the next few weeks. Never tried Aliexpress, maybe I'll have to give it a go and hope it works out.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Anyone know any where I can pick up a pair of these without paying through the nose for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Omega28 wrote: »
    Anyone know any where I can pick up a pair of these without paying through the nose for them?

What's your budget?

But, in short, you get what you pay for with adjustable ones by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Excuse my ignorance but what’s the advantage of adjustable? Why not have a few different plates and spring clips?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Abcryan123

I got 40kg ones on powerballs.com a few months back. So far so good but i haven’t given them much use, unfortunately. There’s a lifetime warranty so I’m not too worried about durability since they give one out like that, they’ve reviews on the site. Also shipped quickly from Ireland with UPS.

What's your budget?

But, in short, you get what you pay for with adjustable ones by all accounts

Budget of around €300. Thanks

I need to source adjustable dumbells (30kg or more) and a bench for €500. Is it possible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

I need to source adjustable dumbells (30kg or more) and a bench for €500. Is it possible?

Same. Could probably stretch to 600 though.
    Abcryan123 wrote: »
    I got 40kg ones on powerballs.com a few months back. So far so good but i haven’t given them much use, unfortunately. There’s a lifetime warranty so I’m not too worried about durability since they give one out like that, they’ve reviews on the site. Also shipped quickly from Ireland with UPS.

They only seem to have the 20KG ones at the moment.

Not sure on the McSport.ie ones:
    https://www.mcsport.ie/collections/adjustable-dumbbells-1870/products/hit-fitness-adjustable-dumbbells-25kg

Budget of around €300. Thanks

What weight do you want them to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

I just received delivery of a set of Powerblock Stage 1&2 from Meijers in Holland. They were easy to deal with and gave me a good price, some sellers take the p1ss with Powerblock! Quality piece of kit and glad I stretched the budget.

https://www.meijers.com/merken/fit/powerblock/powerblock-pro-exp-stage-1-1-23-kg

Also bought a bench from homegymstore recently. Got a good quality bench for €170.

https://homegymstore.ie/

What weight do you want them to go to?

Around 30kg upwards would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Excuse my ignorance but what’s the advantage of adjustable? Why not have a few different plates and spring clips?

Space, speed, convenience :)

Kilough wrote: »
    I just received delivery of a set of Powerblock Stage 1&2 from Meijers in Holland. They were easy to deal with and gave me a good price, some sellers take the p1ss with Powerblock! Quality piece of kit and glad I stretched the budget.

Also bought a bench from homegymstore recently. Got a good quality bench for €170.

That HomeGymStore looks great. Holy f has it been difficult to find anywhere in stock of anything other than barbell collars.

So I got a nice set of York Fitness 20kg dumbbell set last year and I've maxed out the weight, I can add more wight plates now. I'd like to get a barbell and a bench too. York is American or Canadian I think? They're popular in the UK which I'm avoiding because of the messy deliveries, import duties and documentation not being filled out on the sender's side. York doesn't seem popular on the continent. I'm trying to avoid investing in a second brand (incomaptible weights, accessories?).

Jellybean question - the barbells from the shop above don't seem to have a brand name. Would York cast iron 1" spinlock weight plates fit on them or no? Anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

cormie wrote: »
    Space, speed, convenience :)

Also, it gets expensive and impractical to use loadable ones.

If you have DB handles and they are 4.25kg each and you want to load them to 30kg then you would need 8 5kg plates and 4 2.25kg plates...

Tot up the cost of that and the hassle of storing all the change plates and it gets less attractive.

To be honest if I had DB handles I would also want to go up to 40kg... might as well... so that’s more 5kg plates. I don’t think it works out great value, might as well get hex DBs.

The power blocks do make sense to me if some is short of space in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Folks, there's a company based in Tipperary who sell adjustable dumbbells. Their website is www.powerballs.com

They're local to me hence why I'm posting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Folks, there's a company based in Tipperary who sell adjustable dumbbells. Their website is www.powerballs.com

They're local to me hence why I'm posting here.

Good to know they're based in Ireland. They only have 20kg's at the moment.

I've sent them a message to see when they'll have something heavier available.

No 40kg adjustable dumbells any where

• Advertisement

No 40kg adjustable dumbells any where

You can get Poweblocks on Gymless….but they'll cost €765.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Warbeastrior

What is a good price for 40kg ones?
    And do people feel they are worth it?
    Hearing a lot more positive talk about adjustable dumbbells.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

Hi all

Looking at getting a pair of dumbbells for home use. Just two bars with adjustable weights etc

What price range should I be expecting to pay?

Hi all

Looking at getting a pair of dumbbells for home use. Just two bars with adjustable weights etc

What price range should I be expecting to pay?

The weight you want them to hold will dictate the price because more weight = more plates (or possibly just bigger plates) = more cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im getting on adding barbell weights to a basic dumbbell set, just sandwich the plate between the dumbbell plates

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I'm looking to buy 10-15kg dumbbells but I can't seem to find anywhere that isn't sold out or ridiculously price gouging. Has anybody had any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

bambam wrote: »

e.g.

I'm tempted to buy off fortunefavours.ie which look like they could be from Aliexpress. I've no problem with that if they're of decent quality and won't break in a year! Anyone have any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Mc sport sale
    12-DUMBBELLS-IN-1

Flash Sale | €190 OFF the Hit Fitness 40Kg Adjustable Dumbbells!
    Our 40kg Adjustable Dumbbells give you a huge range of weights in one, so you can make the most out of training from home.
    Choose from 5kg, 8kg, 11.5kg, 14.5kg, 18kg, 21kg, 24kg, 27.5kg, 30.5kg, 33.5kg, 37kg, & 40kg!

Was €789 now €599

Link :- https://www.mcsport.ie/collections/adjustable-dumbbells-1870/products/hit-fitness-adjustabell-dumbbell-5kg-40kg-hit00176

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just gonna use this thread as it's relevant..

Is there literally anywhere in Europe right now selling Powerblocks or Nuobells for a reasonable price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just gonna use this thread as it's relevant..

Is there literally anywhere in Europe right now selling Powerblocks or Nuobells for a reasonable price?

For anyone curious, this is the cheapest I've found them in stock, only like €15 shipping too and the website is listed by Powerblocks as a trusted seller so should be safe.

https://www.treenikamat.fi/fi/tuoteryhma/kasipainot-916013

Advertisement