Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Suarez done, now to find a formation to fit him in without losing to much chem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Parawind wrote: »
    Opened my Icon swap packs (2x Ultimate, 83+ & 85+ packs), nothing really useable but plenty of decent fodder.

Ended up with a duplicate untradeable Ederson which forced me to take a look at SBCs to avoid discarding him.

I was thinking about making a start on Ribery but I just couldn't bring myself to do it for that price. When I looked at the costs on Futbin you can do 2 Base/Mid Icon SBC for the same price.

So I did a Base/Mid Icon SBC and out pops Baby Best. Pretty Happy with that. It means 7 Chem Felix moves to the bench and the whole team has 10 chem.

And just to feed the conspiracy, that is my 2nd Icon pack and 2nd United Icon for a Liverpool supporter.

You inspired me to do an icon SBC as well. Bagged baby Nedved! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    The Serie A Gomez?
    Hot damn his base card is absolutely amazing.
    Oh he’s gonna link nicely for me.

Yup, Serie A Gomez. Regret not doing that Acuna now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone use baby del piero? Most expensive version of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yup, Serie A Gomez. Regret not doing that Acuna now :pac:

Be nice if they made him a LW or something.
    Be perfect for me.
    All I need then is Toty Ramos , an upgrade on IF Valverde and I’m good till tots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Four games on the bounce today other guy had only two plans.

One...that stupid ball juggling from kick off glitch (which is stupid).
    Two....hit the ball down the sidelines with a mad hoof to Pacy wingers.

Second one was like being back in Fifa 19 again.

Just came up against that Suarez, seems class, so strong and deadly finishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

RedRochey wrote: »
    Just came up against that Suarez, seems class, so strong and deadly finishing

Yeah i have him CM on 7 chem at the minute, 12 goals in 7 games, with 8 assists, all to Torres, yes im just pure cheese with them, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If anyone kept west brom players most of the silvers had price ranged increased and now insta selling at 18 or 19k.

Offloaded my remaining 7!.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If anyone kept west brom players most of the silvers had price ranged increased and now insta selling at 18 or 19k.

Beautiful. I had two I packed and held onto until PR increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

RedRochey wrote: »
    Anyone use baby del piero? Most expensive version of him

No but I came up against him in rivals during the week and he absolutely destroyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

My TOTY Road to Disappointment (RTD) started this afternoon - two packs opened Base Koke from a Rare Gold pack and TOTW Koopmeiners from a Mega Pack being the headline pulls. Might give the latter a run in place of Gravenberch.

Also for those collecting the FGS Swaps token the Twitch stream has just started - keep it on for an hour to qualify. Also from 5pm tomorrow I think - easy to leave it on in the background then whilst the Utd-Liverpool game is on

Ugh, I need to learn to not play past 11 wins on Saturday. Went from 11-9 to 11-14. Its really obvious when you hit that massive skill increase, and if I stopped at 11 wins on Saturday, I'd likely hit 17 on Sunday more often, rather than scraping 14.

That’s it for content on day 2 of toty???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Yeah you don't want any actual content, go buy packs! Yours sincerely EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Can't believe they released nothing on the second day of their biggest promo of the year. Not even a lightning round.

Ribery was later yesterday so there’s still hope for something.

Surely there’s an eoae Rooney at some point this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Got baby giggs in the icon swap.my run of bad picks continues. He's pretty bad for such a legend in real life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The amount of people playing World Beaters with no La Liga attackers is bizarre, what is the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hogey007 wrote: »

When I looked at it right at the start of the game I figured West Brom and Fulham would generate the most profit. But of course I only loaded up on Fulham players.

Sold 2* Austins there for 18k each. Have a Callum Robinson as well but he's my boy in Silver Lounge so escapes the cull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Frisbee wrote: »
    When I looked at it right at the start of the game I figured West Brom and Fulham would generate the most profit. But of course I only loaded up on Fulham players.

Sold 2* Austins there for 18k each. Have a Callum Robinson as well but he's my boy in Silver Lounge so escapes the cull.

cadiz players from the la liga one also were ****ing sky high last night as i was running through it, 6-1( dickhead glitched me when im 1 up) ive turned on agile dribbling seems help players not feeling like they have lead in their boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,270 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I’m 60 percent through the Suarez objectives , I have a epl la liga hybrid with koke and Carrasco so he will take FELIX’s spot up front with fun Bobby F

Unfortunately I keep coming across lads that don’t want to play golden goal and I end up hammering them as we play out 90 min no idea why and I’m rubbish as well so they must be godawful,

Teams with 3 and 4 icons aswell

AdamD wrote: »
    The amount of people playing World Beaters with no La Liga attackers is bizarre, what is the point?

Yeah, it's literally the only reason to play it over just normal Max Chemistry.

I also played two people today who paused at the start to sub people on. It's....it's literally pointless, everyone starts at Max Chemistry :confused:

I think once you have the goals done you don’t need them any more ?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, it's literally the only reason to play it over just normal Max Chemistry.

I also played two people today who paused at the start to sub people on. It's....it's literally pointless, everyone starts at Max Chemistry :confused:

And subs don’t get the infinite stamina either.. it’s bizarre. I can understand late subs when players aren’t working.

Btw infinite stamina means you can play team press/overload ball side without the negatives.. makes the wins a lot easier

Cyrus wrote: »
    I think once you have the goals done you don’t need them any more ?

Its highly unlikely you'll get the goals done before the other objectives? Its 10 wins scoring with a la liga player and 14 games scoring with a la liga player.

Haha I did that the first game, completely forgot that I need la liga players :D had to switch acuna from LB up to ST, still worked out well

Its highly unlikely you'll get the goals done before the other objectives? Its 10 wins scoring with a la liga player and 14 games scoring with a la liga player.

It’s 10 wins with any team with 3 minimum clubs and 14 games scoring with a La Liga player so possibly people may have done the La Liga bit but still need the wins and so just play better players than they have for La Liga?

At the moment I still need 2 wins but need to play at least 4 games as still need to score in 4 games with a La Liga player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got Suarez done in a couple of hours. Some player's not making use of the unlimited stamina. I used constant pressure and fast build up along with overload and pressing - made it a lot easier.

Looking forward to trying Luis out at CAM.

Sorry I didn’t realise you needed 14 games scoring with a la liga player my team is half full of them so not an issue !

I will hold my hand up and say I didn't pay enough attention and so didn't read that objective correctly and played (and won) my first two games without a La Liga player :o

83+ Attacker upgrade SBC up - exchange a 83 squad with 75 chemistry for 2 83+ attackers so in theory you could exchange 11 83 rated players and get 2 back - it’s a no from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Boulders8 wrote: »
    83+ Attacker upgrade SBC up - exchange a 83 squad with 75 chemistry for 2 83+ attackers so in theory you could exchange 11 83 rated players and get 2 back - it’s a no from me!

Done it and got Aguero 89 and Zapata 83.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Love that

QWHLR6y.jpg

• Advertisement

It's a terrible value SBC, at least make it repeatable so we've got something to do in the menus for the day.

Also they have 100% changed the content release time from 6:00 to 7:30 in order to push packs at 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,181 ✭✭✭Guffy

Im in div.5, not near ye lads level but i just played a match where my opponent had, Van der sar, Petit, Cannavaro, Klosterman, Sinkgraven, Baggio, Rijkaard, Depay, Ronaldo, Robben and Felix

I won 6-1 :)

Absolutely love seeing monster teams in div 5... i know im better than them. Any player that has a team like that and is in div 5 can't be any good.

Ah, that explains what just happened....

cvCyxgB.png

....all my Maguires sold instantly :pac:

Did the 84+ Player Pick instead of the 83+ Attacker upgrade and decision pretty much vindicated as one of the 4 was base Neymar - other choices were base De Ligt and Godin at 85 and 87 Greizman

My 84+ player pick gave me 4 choices of players rated 84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Did the 84+ Player Pick instead of the 83+ Attacker upgrade and decision pretty much vindicated as one of the 4 was base Neymar - other choices were base De Ligt and Godin at 85 and 87 Greizman

I done it, got digne ,marquinhos , witsel and inform Muller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My 84+ player pick gave me 4 choices of players rated 84

20210124-012725.jpg

Snap

5/10 wins and 9/14 goals for Suarez... not too bad. Came up against the same opponent 3 times, and another 2 guys twice each... playerbase on PS5 must be very low.

My 83 attackers were higuain and munier:(

At least I’m done the suarez objectives.

Cyrus wrote: »
    My 83 attackers were higuain and munier:(

At least I’m done the suarez objectives.

Think I’ll stick with my original instincts and steer clear of that 83 Attackers upgrade after seeing what people have been pulling from that.

Got very lucky with the 84+ player pick as well with Neymar and finished the Suarez objective last night as well so that will do for now. Will open a few packs today and replenish by doing Marquee Matchups but getting to the point where pack opening is going to be more entertaining than playing the game :)

5/10 wins and 9/14 goals for Suarez... not too bad. Came up against the same opponent 3 times, and another 2 guys twice each... playerbase on PS5 must be very low.

I've a guy on my friend's list (no idea when from) and I'm pretty sure I've played him in the last 2 weekend leagues, in Rivals and multiple times in friendlies in the space of about 10 days.

Heavy SBMM doesn't help this either. I regularly end up playing the same people in friendlies 2 or 3 times in a row.

I've a guy on my friend's list (no idea when from) and I'm pretty sure I've played him in the last 2 weekend leagues, in Rivals and multiple times in friendlies in the space of about 10 days.

Heavy SBMM doesn't help this either. I regularly end up playing the same people in friendlies 2 or 3 times in a row.

Yeah, it’s fairly annoying. Especially when they’re miles better than you. Not too bad when you can easily beat them though :P hope there’s a solution down the line for this... not too much fun when you’re stuck playing the same squads over and over.

Yeah happened me doing the Bundesliga player the other day. Played the same guy 3 times in 4 games. Every game he went 1-0 up and does the longest celebration possible, every game I hammered him by 4+ goals. You think he'd have the cop to not celebrate by the third game.

2-0 down? step up Ronald Koeman

g2EqMYZ.gif
    44LdDPX.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

bastard..I'll swap you Figo and Rivaldo for him :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement