Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MrKingsley and Barney92's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Are you gonna share individual scores at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Hmmm. Good question Tusk. I was initially planning on giving the breakdown of the scores at the end but maybe after each round would be better

Just so people are aware. My plan is to do a power reveal(A La Tusk) for the Food round between 12-2 on Friday afternoon because I’ll be working in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Just so people are aware. My plan is to do a power reveal(A La Tusk) for the Food round between 12-2 on Friday afternoon because I’ll be working in the evening

I don't know what that means... Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Quick fire reveal. No dawdling.

But how that relates to tusk, I've no idea!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    Quick fire reveal. No dawdling.

But how that relates to tusk, I've no idea!!

tusk walrus that took forever and ever, was ended when he power revealed the whole last category in 20 minutes.

So was born, the power reveal (a la tusk)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yes Tusk took the reveal to an entirely new level of speediness :) - I might be having a power nap on Friday (ahead of all the Christmas doings) but for some reason I'm not holding out much hope for my standings in this Walrus -

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yeah as in once I start with it I won’t be dawdling

Barney's Scores for Round 1

Where have all the angels flown 4 3 7
    Noble Maiden Fair 6 3 9
    Tacobel Canon 2 2 4
    Wish You Well 5.5 3 8.5
    Hall of Fame 7 4 11
    Autumn Sweater 3 3 6
    Mountain at my Gates 9 4 13
    We Built This City 4.5 3 7.5
    Only the Winds 8.5 4 12.5
    Heart Asks Please First 10 5 15
    Remains 3 2 5
    Back on the Chain Gang 8 4 12
    Brewing Up a Storm 6 4 10
    N089 5 3 8
    It's My Life 5 2 7

Kingsley's

Where have all the angels flown 4 3 7
    Noble Maiden Fair 6 3 9
    Tacobel Canon 8 2 10
    Wish You Well 6 2 8
    Hall of Fame 6 3 9
    Autumn Sweater 7 4 11
    Mountain at my Gates 8 4 12
    We Built This City 5 1 6
    Only the Winds 8 5 13
    Heart Asks Please First 9 5 14
    Remains 7 2 9
    Back on the Chain Gang 8 2 10
    Brewing Up a Storm 7 2 9
    N089 8 5 13
    It's My Life 4 1 5

• Advertisement

I shall be going live with Round 2 in the next hour hopefully.

giphy.gif

And just to let you know bogey song has been selected by some ninkenpoop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I shall be going live with Round 2 in the next hour hopefully.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    Ready and waiting I could do with some good tunes after listening to the Cringe/ Chuckle videos for the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

You two are pretty much together in the scoring stakes on round 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I have a feeling this could've been me, and if it is, I regret nothing... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Is today food?

If so it's the only one I managed to get an answer for. I think it's pretty obvious and I'm hoping someone else will have picked it so I can see how I'd have done :)

So will be starting in the next 10 minutes guys. I've done a random number generator for the order of the reveal but without the top 2 and bottom 2

giphy.gif

Pretzill wrote: »
    You two are pretty much together in the scoring stakes on round 1!

Yeah it was weirdly similar. Things have changed somewhat this round

giphy.gif

In 6th place we have
    oooooooosh
    with Bar B Q by Wendy Rene. This picks up a (slightly harsh IMO) 10 points.

Barney's Comments:This song just didn't hook me into liking it. It was fine and was happy enough for it to be on but when I listened I just found myself drifting off to think of other things.

Kingsley's Comments:Another absolute belter. I could listen to this all day. Really is my kind of tune

In 9th place collecting themselves 7 points is
    Ecto
    with Where Do You Go To My Lovely by Peter Sarstedt.

Barney's Comments: This one wouldn't make me think about food, but it does for the sender. I really like the name dropping in this, you don't come across too many songs with Marlene Dietrich and Aga Khan in it. I like they've got Juan-les-pins and the legs in the same verse. Doubt it was intentional but like that pins and legs are side by side.

Kingsley's Comments: I used to despise this song. Something obviously happened to me over the last few years but now I really like it. Just a really nice, easy listening song that could also go down quite well on a Kareoke night. Theme is again a personal experience for anyone wondering.

• Advertisement

In 10th place picking up 6 points is
    Necromania
    which this Benni Bennasi remix of California Dreaming:

Barney's Comments: Another where I don't see the link to food but it's there for the sender. I like that they were bold going for this when I said I wasn't a big fan of this type of music, and was hoping that this would go against my usual dislike but sadly I wasn't a big fan. I do like California Dreamin so those bits went down well with me.

Kingsley's Comments: Again for the theme this reminds the poster of sunshine and BBQ so can't really argue with that. As for the song......it reminds me of exactly the same. I can remembering listening to this at various BBQs years ago. Having said that I only like it....I don't "like like" it

Now in 7th place we have
    GnR
    with Alphabet Soup by Bell X1 which scores 9 points.

Barney's Comments: Strong start to it. Do they keep saying Maud Gonne? I really don't get how she link to the rest of the song. Decent song but not my favourite by any means

Kingsley's Comments: I love Bell X1. Whenever I listen to them the singers voice it just does something to me (in a good way). Just a good solid song this one, that I have listened to an awful lot since entries came in.

And breathe..............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Power Reveal status: APPROVED!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Glad you liked that one Kingsley, figured you might :D

Shame it didn't click with Barney as much.

Osh it safe to say that you have my number when it comes to music so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Well I'm not expecting much from my musical pick, but I'll be astonished if you don't like my last one. And number 4 is a good one imo too. What am I saying sure all my songs are good :D

giphy.gif

And in 5th place we have
    Pretzillllllllla
    scoring themselves a handsome 11 points with When the Cookie Jar is Empty by Michael Franks.

Barney's Comments: Jazy intro, nice relaxing feel to it. Love that they've got sassy into the song, and they've managed to rhyme it too. Not a massive fan of some of the rest of the lyrics though, especially when they return to the same verses in the second half.

Kingsley's Comments: I like this ditty quite a lot actually. When I first listened to it, it got on my nerves a little bit but the more I hear it the more I like it. And the man has a serious tache which can only be a good thing.

• Advertisement

In 12th place picking up 4 points is
    Teddy Bear
    with The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Junior

Barney's Comments: I think this is a good entry for a food theme as it fits perfectly, however I just don't like the song. I really dislike the 'who can make the sun rise' bit, not entirely sure why.

Kingsley's Comments: Not wild on this song really. Never have been. It just grates on me a little bit but I know that I've always really wanted to like it. Unfortunately I just can't.

Advertisement