Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

When you're trying to enjoy your morning poo/ phone browse and someone goes into the cubicle next to you and just sits there in silence. There's plenty of places to hide. Stop annoying the pooers ya bellend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Moderators who cannot be objective and then try to micro manage discussions to go in a certain direction, like a primary school teacher. I know the difference between right and wrong, I do not need your advice on the matter just because you do not like my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Moderators who cannot be objective and then try to micro manage discussions to go in a certain direction, like a primary school teacher. I know the difference between right and wrong, I do not need your advice on the matter just because you do not like my opinion.

Sounds like sour gropes, I mean, grapes.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When you're trying to enjoy your morning poo/ phone browse and someone goes into the cubicle next to you and just sits there in silence. There's plenty of places to hide. Stop annoying the pooers ya bellend!

They're waiting for you to flush so they can plop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That I'm not poolside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

So after all the big build up it was announced that the "surprise superstars" performing at Páirc Uí Choimh next year are Westlife. That's not so much of a TA as I really couldn't give a sh*t.

My TA is the amount of coverage it's getting on the radio. Every time I turn it on I'm listening to Westlife this and Westlife that. It's taking place next August, for God's sake.

Maybe I should change my station to a Dublin-based one? Nah, never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

parents parking on busy roads and letting their kids in or out of the car on the side thats facing the road and on coming traffic

and brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Its only f*cking Wednesday.

I will wish my life away if I want, its my right.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was just saying it feels like Monday all over again... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This low lying sun, that shows off all the spider webs in the garden, scratches on the window panes and dust everywhere.

Speaking of low-lying sun TA's. On the way in to work this morning I encountered a fella walking the road at the opposite side of the bleeding footpath. And I was driving towards the low-lying sun, and genuinely didn't see him until literally the last moment (I was far enough out anyway not to hit him, but I'm sure it was frightening nonetheless).

Use the footpath you twerp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

New Home wrote:
    I was just saying it feels like Monday all over again...

We should start a workers anonymous group. Or a WA thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Nope, not legally. Obviously, they do, all the time, but they're not supposed to.

My TA was people who don't know the rules of the road.
    I must brush up on them myself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Reading the articles about the uproar about the busking ban in Galway. I'm inclined today to agree with them. Just walked past a man busking in Belfast city centre and the amp he has is blasting him out all the way down Donegall Place. You'd be deafened standing beside him it's so loud. And what's worse is that he clearly doesn't know the words to the song he was singing.
    "I'm rye ova heeeeeeeeeahhhh, washin oooh eeeeaahhhh, oohhhhhhhh". He was trying to sing Dancing on my Own by Calum Scott. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Reading the articles about the uproar about the busking ban in Galway. I'm inclined today to agree with them. Just walked past a man busking in Belfast city centre and the amp he has is blasting him out all the way down Donegall Place. You'd be deafened standing beside him it's so loud. And what's worse is that he clearly doesn't know the words to the song he was singing.
    "I'm rye ova heeeeeeeeeahhhh, washin oooh eeeeaahhhh, oohhhhhhhh". He was trying to sing Dancing on my Own by Calum Scott. :rolleyes:

I understand where you're coming from.

Its an introduction of bye-laws regulating busking.
    Some people are talking about it as a outright ban.

I think what some people are taking issue with is that some of the regulations are a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Went to a cheap café for lunch. Lunch was decent. Service very friendly.
    Got up and left and as a walked away, my arse felt wet, well, because it was. I went back to tell them that the seat was wet. His surprise told me that he hadn't been washing seats. He was very apologetic.
    Sure enough, it was piss. Strong piss. Straight home, jeans and jocks into the washing machine and me into the shower.

Can't really be angry at the café or even the poor unfortunate who pissed themselves in a café.

People talking like they're in coronation st.
    Hi (Deirdre) dear'dree
    Put on brew
    Put on telly
    Not hard to put 'the' in .
    And them the thickest brogue in Ireland
    Wrecks my head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

cjmc wrote: »
    People talking like they're in coronation st.
    Hi (Deirdre) dear'dree
    Put on brew
    Put on telly
    Not hard to put 'the' in .
    And them the thickest brogue in Ireland
    Wrecks my head

That's my accent. It really is difficult to say "the", sounds totally false and posh when I do it. Actually, there is a tiny bit of "the" pronounced, as in almost a silent t.

I'd never heard anyone pronounce Deirdre any other way than Dear'dree until I came to Ireland.

And yes, my dad did work down t'pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My TA was people who don't know the rules of the road.
    I must brush up on them myself. :(

If there's a car parked on your side of the road. You stop and let me pass.

If there's a car parked on your side of the road. You stop and let me pass.

I don't understand what that means

That's my accent. It really is difficult to say "the", sounds totally false and posh when I do it. Actually, there is a tiny bit of "the" pronounced, as in almost a silent t.

I'd never heard anyone pronounce Deirdre any other way than Dear'dree until I came to Ireland.

And yes, my dad did work down t'pit.

That's grand. I should have clarified its people with Irish accents speaking like folk off weatherfield that's my TA.
    Anyway pay nowt attention to me today , I've a thundering headache and being contrary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't understand what that means

It was my trivial annoyance relating to the rules of the road. I shouldn't have to take evasive action if the opposite has an obstacle. Though the amount of people that seem to work on the presumption that oncoming traffic will stop for them is frightening.

Opposite side of the road has an obstacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's only Wednesday and I have a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

You have a comrade here also :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

RMAOK wrote: »

It's the week that just keeps taking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RMAOK wrote: »

Three amigo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Manually digging a 30 foot trench for a new water line, in the stoniest piece of land ever. Boss should reimburse me for the alcohol used to deaden the aches in my back.I'm too old for this line of work anymore,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yeah , they do need to overtake though. Most artics aren't too bad on motorways. Though there's always one pig ,just when you need to make time .

They don’t need to overtake if they’re both supposed to be limited to the same speed

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    They don’t need to overtake if they’re both supposed to be limited to the same speed

True but a lorry with a heavy load might not be able to go the max speed limit, while an lorry with a light load / or empty can.
    And like everyone else time is money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Three amigo's.

Three Stooges more like:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The amount of typos (so many they've become an uncountable noun) on anything I've written today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement