Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Wife has fully supported my couldn't care less attitude to this last Monday of March.

She has just cooked me a thin and crispy meatsa pizza with extra meat and extra cheese and poured me a lovely pint of cold Guinness, knowing it won't be the last one.

She'll be kept.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

just mashed an avocado in a bowl, ground black pepper, bita cayenne and pinch a salt
    slabbed it onto pretoasted bread with chopped sundried tomatoes and wee biteen of finely grated cheese
    under the grill
    fcukin delish man
    havin a bottle of Heineken and a fag now to celebrate

LaFuton wrote: »
    just mashed an avocado in a bowl, ground black pepper, bita cayenne and pinch a salt
    slabbed it onto pretoasted bread with chopped sundried tomatoes and wee biteen of finely grated cheese
    under the grill
    fcukin delish man
    havin a bottle of Heineken and a fag now to celebrate

Out!

Get out!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hold your head high, I had a glass of prosecco with my rasher and cheese sandwich this morning.

Strange times we are living in.
    Wife has fully supported my couldn't care less attitude to this last Monday of March.

She has just cooked me a thin and crispy meatsa pizza with extra meat and extra cheese and poured me a lovely pint of cold Guinness, knowing it won't be the last one.

She'll be kept.

I like your style!

20 mins to lift off for my beer. Very strange times indeed.

Chicken curry tonight with extra scotch bonnet chillis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

What do avocados taste like? I know they're good for you but it's one thing I've never tried.

Ordering a pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lasagne and garlic bread , perfect !

bonny! wrote: »
    What do avocados taste like? I know they're good for you but it's one thing I've never tried.

Ordering a pizza.

they kinda like creamy lettuce, very faint green taste
    need the bit of black pepper and/or spice or squeeze of lemon

LaFuton wrote: »
    they kinda like creamy lettuce, very faint green taste
    need the bit of black pepper and/or spice or squeeze of lemon

Mmmmmmm lettuce, only joking :D I assume it's liked mainly for the texture and subtle taste. I might pick one up the next time I'm in the shop and try out one of your toasties.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lasagne and garlic bread , perfect !

But you made yours Mam!! I have one from Mulhalls in the freezer. Its a decent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

I had homemade creamed ham on toast. Which back home we affectionately call **** on a shingle!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    But you made yours Mam!! I have one from Mulhalls in the freezer. Its a decent one.

Nothing wrong with Mulhalls lasagne either G , have gotten them myself an odd time !

Havent eaten yet. About to have a bowl of coco pops .

Very good all day, porridge with milk and honey this morning, homemade soup and bread for lunch and chicken curry with rice for dinner.

Might have a few Roses in a while, loads of exercise and work done today so will sleep like a log tonight.

I have a choice tonight. Cottage pie or another Chicken Curry. May have a beer while thinking about it.:D Fcuk it.

• Advertisement

Simple sausages , eggs, chips and curry sauce here this evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Thai green curry tonight. Better still it's been served up to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mug of hot chocolate earlier

Thai green curry tonight. Better still it's been served up to me

Can you leave a portion at your door and I'll collect.:D

I have a choice tonight. Cottage pie or another Chicken Curry. May have a beer while thinking about it.:D Fcuk it.

Decision made. Curry, rice and chips to follow. Gotta rotate the food supply. Loads of cottage pie left for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Can you leave a portion at your door and I'll collect.:D

Will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Chicken, potato gratin and veg for dinner.

Freshly made scones here , with butter , jam and a cuppa :)

A kitkat

Chicken breast fried with ginger, lemon and mixed peppers and egg fried rice from the microwave.

A cold Guinness or 3 to wash it down.

A medium sirloin steak, mushrooms, chunky chips and pepper sauce is the plan. Having a few beers now as ....why the fcuk not? The girls had the leftover cottage pie with veg and gravy. I had some for lunch. Feckin delicious stuff altogether.

Proud to say that I haven't wasted any food due to doing big shops roughly twice a week. Have a chest freezer and freezer bags galore so makes it easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had a sausage and bacon sandwich earlier, didnt bother toasting it, just fresh white bread slathered in ketchup. Threw a slice of cheddar on it too just to boost the calorie count further :P

Later its battered fish, carrots, peas and broccoli (if it hasnt yet turned yellow). Though I have to clean out the Airfryer first before cooking, its got awful smokey lately. I think there must be some fat stuck to the element as I've cleaned every other bit of it but its still smoking. Its not going to be a fun job, I fecking hate cleaning grease :mad:

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Had a sausage and bacon sandwich earlier, didnt bother toasting it, just fresh white bread slathered in ketchup. Threw a slice of cheddar on it too just to boost the calorie count further :P

Later its battered fish, carrots, peas and broccoli (if it hasnt yet turned yellow). Though I have to clean out the Airfryer first before cooking, its got awful smokey lately. I think there must be some fat stuck to the element as I've cleaned every other bit of it but its still smoking. Its not going to be a fun job, I fecking hate cleaning grease :mad:

If the Airfryer is smoking its either fcuked or the element is like you say dirty. Best of luck. I really rely on it.

yeah I hope its just fat on the element. Im going to have to really get in there and turn it upside down to find it.

You can stop them smoking by putting a small bit of water in the bottom basket, that way the fat from the food gets diluted. I did that and it improved things a lot but theres still some smoke so the element is suspect number one right now.

Ive read that if its white smoke then its fat but if its blue smoke then you've got an electrical problem and should stop using it immediately. Gladly mine is white smoke so hopefully I can fix it as Ive only had it two years and would like at least another two year out of it yet. If not I'll be getting a Power Airfryer, they're the same thing really but around half the price of a Philips.

Tall can of Sprite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Japanese style chicken curry.
    The stuff sold in a block. Simple and tasty.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah I hope its just fat on the element. Im going to have to really get in there and turn it upside down to find it.

You can stop them smoking by putting a small bit of water in the bottom basket, that way the fat from the food gets diluted. I did that and it improved things a lot but theres still some smoke so the element is suspect number one right now.

Ive read that if its white smoke then its fat but if its blue smoke then you've got an electrical problem and should stop using it immediately. Gladly mine is white smoke so hopefully I can fix it as Ive only had it two years and would like at least another two year out of it yet. If not I'll be getting a Power Airfryer, they're the same thing really but around half the price of a Philips.

3-4 minute job on a Phillips to clean that, after two years normal use they are only getting warmed up, nowhere near end of life if you keep it clean.

You know the craic with putting tin foil on the base of the pan to save time cleaning yeah?

It was a cook in a school canteen advised me to get a Phillips airfryer after they had gone through dozens of other types, they are the dogs liathroidi, well worth the extra few euro in the long run.

It's time to face the supermarket again, had to raid the mother in laws slice pan this morning and there wasn't a whole lot of choice for fillings either, not something I would usually have but turned out very tasty. Ham, brie and smoked cheese white bread breville with two eggs.

There'll be a massive banquet tonight and the fridge and cupboards will be fully stocked again for a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I think I might treat myself to a nice glass of scotch with 3 ice cubes.

Then after that, I think I might treat myself to a nice glass of scotch with 3 ice cubes.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I think I might treat myself to a nice glass of scotch with 3 ice cubes.

Then after that, I think I might treat myself to a nice glass of scotch with 3 ice cubes.

I can only hope by nice glass you are not referring to a measly pub measure.

Having a vodka and cranberry juice here, a very nice glass. ðŸ‘

Having a vodka and cranberry juice here, a very nice glass. ðŸ‘

What did you have for dinner RG? I've made a pot of Lamb Balti. Gonna have it with Basmati rice and Naan. Might even stick some chips in the Airfryer too.

Enjoying a bottle of cheap rubbish here, Canadian. Enjoyable enough though. Don't do shorts these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Perhaps but I'm will to give in to peer pressure at this moment so a proper glass it is!

What did you have for dinner RG? I've made a pot of Lamb Balti. Gonna have it with Basmati rice and Naan. Might even stick some chips in the Airfryer too.

Enjoying a bottle of cheap rubbish here, Canadian. Enjoyable enough though. Don't do shorts these days.

I made a red Thai beef curry with egg fried rice and prawn crackers.
    Started prepping it about 4, great to have all fresh ingredients for a change, it was daycent just slicing and smelling the fresh juicy veg.
    I trimmed what little fat there was off the minute steaks and cut them against the grain. They were 50% off because they were B/B tomorrow so I think t fed three adults for about 7 euro.
    I fought off the urge to open a bottle of red until I was ready to devour the dinner, oh man the aroma of a slow cooked curry on the hob is one of the little things in life that mean a lot. I went a bit old school with the veg instead of cutting it up very small. It paid off big time for both looks and flavours.
    Myself and the youngest lad ate together, then herself and her Mam moved into the kitchen. Herself had the same as us and I left the last glass of wine poured out on the table for her.
    Retired now in the front room in peaceful solitude with a Stella Artois glass of Smirnoff, crushed ice and cranberry juice which might even need a refill soon.
    Happy days, we’re easily pleased Grandeeod.
    Stay safe my man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This isn't great in these times, but I ate nothing yesterday. Today I had chicken and a litre of milk. I must get something now...

I wouldn't mind, but I've loads of food in.

• Advertisement

I made a red Thai beef curry with egg fried rice and prawn crackers.
    Started prepping it about 4, great to have all fresh ingredients for a change, it was daycent just slicing and smelling the fresh juicy veg.
    I trimmed what little fat there was off the minute steaks and cut them against the grain. They were 50% off because they were B/B tomorrow so I think t fed three adults for about 7 euro.
    I fought off the urge to open a bottle of red until I was ready to devour the dinner, oh man the aroma of a slow cooked curry on the hob is one of the little things in life that mean a lot. I went a bit old school with the veg instead of cutting it up very small. It paid off big time for both looks and flavours.
    Myself and the youngest lad ate together, then herself and her Mam moved into the kitchen. Herself had the same as us and I left the last glass of wine poured out on the table for her.
    Retired now in the front room in peaceful solitude with a Stella Artois glass of Smirnoff, crushed ice and cranberry juice which might even need a refill soon.
    Happy days, we’re easily pleased Grandeeod.
    Stay safe my man.

Ah so cool RG. I'm quite relieved that I love cooking and once again have the chance to enjoy it. You're right, a slow cooked curry cannot be beaten. I just popped a fork into the Lamb Balti pot and the meat is melt in the mouth. The Kitchen is fumed with the flavours and I served up Mrs G. her share as she watches 90 Day Fiance.:eek: Her first time having Lamb curry and didn't realise what she was missing. This means I can buy some lamb shanks for a roast dinner for two. Ms G. stayed safe with a chicken fillet from the Airfryer and mash.

A few more scoops here. Always easily pleased and you stay safe too.

Ah well, watching a recording of Inside The K from last night, we'll be dead long enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭Archeron

Superquinn sausages, baked in the oven and on toasted bundy seeded buns with onion, tomato and melted smoked cheese. The whole sausage on a bundy bun does present problems in handling but it's worth it.

Coffee & peanut butter brittle brownie

Getting stuck into my Chicken Balti and extras right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Working from home has it's advantages. Was able to do a roast chicken dinner today, roast spuds, Stuffing, peas and carrots and gravy. Yesterday I had four avocados perfectly ripe so before they went off I made Guacamole with Corriander, lime and chilli. Tomorrow will be chicken tacos made with today's leftovers, the Guacamole and assorted bits.

• Advertisement

Came back from walking the dog and the wife asked me was I hungry, would I like a Breville?

Naw, I'm fine thanks love. Ah go on she says, you might as well.

Had a beef, cheese, red onion and tomato Breville, a bag of cheese and onion, a mug of Bovril and then two Jive bars out of the freezer.

I wasn't even shagging hungry but once I started I got hungrier.

Out now to chop wood for an hour or two and burn it all off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

There is a Chinese take away across the way from me open as usual....
    I'm going to go over tonight for the first time since all this happened.

Is Chinese take away food safe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

There is a Chinese take away across the way from me open as usual....
    I'm going to go over tonight for the first time since all this happened.

Is Chinese take away food safe?

Only safe if you have a bottle of corona with it. No lime. That’s where the virus hides out.

Found a portion of beef rendang that Id forgotten about in the freezer so I'll be having that tonight with some basmati rice. I really ought to get into the habit of labelling the contents of tupperware in the freezer but at the same time its nice to get a surprise now and again :)

Same as last Sunday here. Roast beef, mash, roasties, veg and gravy. Put my hearty into it so having a beer.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement