Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your (unwanted) bodily quirk?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The good folks of AH need photographic evidence that support these claims.

My picture's up around places. Supposedly I look like a man though. I must be imagining myself as female.
    Mod can delete if against charter rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

eternal wrote: »
    My picture's up around places. Supposedly I look like a man though. I must be imagining myself as female.
    Mod can delete if against charter rules.

****, I was looking at some other thread and completely missed your pic :mad:

****, I was looking at some other thread and completely missed your pic :mad:

It's on the know your look alikes thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭galwayredgirl

The good folks of AH need photographic evidence that support these claims.

I can assure you that indeed "plenty of support" is required :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

I can assure you that indeed "plenty of support" is required :D

You'll get plenty of support around here darling :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

My boobs are too big and it's not a positive. It's an encumbrance.

PM me NOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've terrible posture, so much so that it causes me daily pain and strain. I'm taller than all of my friends so have unconsciously over the years become used to slouching over when with them to be alligned with their height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

anna080 wrote: »
    I've terrible posture, so much so that it causes me daily pain and strain. I'm taller than all of my friends so have unconsciously over the years become used to slouching over when with them to be alligned with their height.

I have a very tall sister too (5'11 and four quarters :D ) It's a tough etiquette thing to call but I reckon you should do what she does; stand to your right height and be damned. It'll do your posture and your body good. You can slowly improve your posture and correct bad habits over time without having to invest very much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

I don't have a gap between my teeth, but whatever way my teeth have grown it gathers a small amount of saliva and randomly squirts at things when I open my mouth to talk, sometimes at people, I have no control over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I'm allergic to people who say they have gluten intolerance (but not people with coeliac disease)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

mattP wrote: »
    Unless youre perfect of course :P
    I had an enlightening conversation with a dog breeder at work today and I got thinking about different traits in humans that don't comply with the "norm", whatever that is :rollseyes:
    Mine is im cross eyed. It isn't extremely noticeable when Im talking with someone but from more of a distance it is. Its the result of facial paralysis so I suppose it could be much worse :P My right eye is atrophic (smaller due to nerve damage) so it sits like .5 cm lower on my face.
    So what's yours? One of my friends for example produces way too much saliva, while another has webbed toes.

I had Facial Paralysis that lasted about 6 months last year! Thought half my face would be frozen forever...

Thankfully its not very noticeable now, but my eyelid droops and the nerves in my face contract when I'm tired / stressed / drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Pacly wrote: »
    I had Facial Paralysis that lasted about 6 months last year! Thought half my face would be frozen forever...

Thankfully its not very noticeable now, but my eyelid droops and the nerves in my face contract when I'm tired / stressed / drunk.

You might have something like Bells Palsy. You should probably get that checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

My jaw clicks when I eat/chew, many people have this I hear but I don't mind it personally, it can be funny sometimes when eating during dinners at special events and the whole room is silent except my jaw.

However people hate when I chew gum, so much so that many of my friends insist I don't chew gum when I'm near them as it annoys them too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

You might have something like Bells Palsy. You should probably get that checked.

I was actually misdiagnosed with Bells Palsy at the time! Ended up in hospital for a few days. It was actually Type 2 Ramsay Hunt Syndrome.

Im grand now though! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My knees ALWAYS click very loudly when I kneel down (leave it!!!!) and have done since I was much younger (I said leave it!!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Aspergers
    How is this a bodily quirk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

everlast75 wrote: »
    My knees ALWAYS click very loudly when I kneel down (leave it!!!!) and have done since I was much younger (I said leave it!!!!)

Same here. Going upstairs sounds like my jeans are playing the castanets.

I also have a jaw that disconnects if I open in too wide, usually if I've been drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

jimbis wrote: »
    I've one blue eye and one brown.

Like David Bowie and my neighbours cat.

David Meowie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Hairy back. I hate it :( I get the mother to rub Veet cream on my back every couple of weeks to get rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I also have a slight lisp. My bf likes it though! :)

• Advertisement

Hairy back. I hate it :( I get the mother to rub Veet cream on my back every couple of weeks to get rid of it.

Wrong on many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

your right eye looks left and up a bit ?

............................................................................ so does that mean

..............................................................................or is it

the other way round ?

Its lower than my other eye so it looks like it's looking beneath what im trying to look at, although it doesn't affect my vision at all :P just confidence :(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

Pacly wrote:
    Yeah that happens me too :P or If I go outside for too long in windy/cold weather â„

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm only 5'7", but I've got disproportionately long legs and a short upper body. It makes it almost impossible to get a comfortable driving position. It also makes public transport very uncomfortable. Certain Dublin Buses (especially the big six-wheel ones on the 145) have an awful lack of legroom. My feet are also a bit big for a short person (size 10).

Let me see now. Hmmm. *Strokes chin*.

I have a tiny lump on the inside of my index finger. It's been there since I was 12.

What's on the inside is fairly weird. Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I have two toenails growing on the one toe.

I read the title wrong. My one physical quirk is not unwanted and the same goes for all that's inside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I'm getting compared to seriously morbidly obese people just cos I have big boobs. It's relative to me.

Are you referring to the Know Your Lookalikes thread? Because you cant even see your boobs in that pic :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

kylith wrote: »
    Same here. Going upstairs sounds like my jeans are playing the castanets.

I also have a jaw that disconnects if I open in too wide, usually if I've been drinking.

That seems more like a useful skill than an unwanted bodily quirk :P

Blind in one eye (uveitis) with a gammy hip (congenital hip dysplasia)...

I can also tell when someone is bursting to tell a pirate joke but keeps it in trying to be polite, it's written all over their face :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

everlast75 wrote: »

I have that too.

Might be down to the time I banjaxed my knee falling into a bush and had all my knee cartilege removed in the surgery afterwards.

It also randomly dislocates itself a bit every now and again.

My other thing is that I've a weird hooked baby toe I inherited off my mother.

It looks like it has a brain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Pacly wrote: »

I had the same after surgery on my salivary gland. Luckily it healed up for the most part but till have the wonky eye unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I can also tell when someone is bursting to tell a pirate joke but keeps it in trying to be polite, it's written all over their face :pac:

Does it make you go "Arrrrgh" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Gbear wrote: »

My other thing is that I've a weird hooked baby toe I inherited off my mother.

I've something similar (not toe) :eek:

Also inherited...it skipped a generation though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

size 15 UK feet . bloody impossible to get shoes :(

and jaw cracks really loudly when i yawn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I can squirt saliva from under my tongue in spurts , as in little droplets that squirt in a controlled manner , I've never found a use for it other than to annoy people in pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

whupdedo wrote: »
    I can squirt saliva from under my tongue in spurts , as in little droplets that squirt in a controlled manner , I've never found a use for it other than to annoy people in pubs

That happens when I yawn, uncontrolled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

That seems more like a useful skill than an unwanted bodily quirk :P

'Tis great fun explaining how it happened in the hospital alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

My left knee used to dislocate and my doctor showed me how to put in back in while I was waiting for some really really painful surgery. It's still different to my other knee though it always feels tighter in my jeans.

Advertisement