Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

JupiterKid wrote: »
    My OH’s elderly mother has taken ill - she was nauseous and coughing up blood, and has been taken into hospital for tests. We are rather worried and concerned.

That's never a good sign, but it's probably not going to be the virus, so at least there's that. :(
    Ye need a sari dress.

I had to borrow a dressing gown once for a hospital visit and I ended up wearing this silk yoke with dragons and stuff down the back of it. I've never looked more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

:P:(
    kowloon wrote: »

I had to borrow a dressing gown once for a hospital visit and I ended up wearing this silk yoke with dragons and stuff down the back of it. I've never looked more ridiculous.

Hahaha. Thanksfor the mental images.

Thats Chinese, you want India for sari dresses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I'm no longer in love with the heat. I'd like to curl up in an igloo. *sweltering face*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its feckin warm all right. I was sweating like a cavan man at a charity event earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dog snoring on the couch beside me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

JupiterKid wrote: »

My OH’s elderly mother has taken ill - she was nauseous and coughing up blood, and has been taken into hospital for tests. We are rather worried and concerned.

God, that's very worrying. I'll keep everything crossable crossed that they can get to the bottom of it and sort her out pronto. You're really having to be a rock for your OH at the moment, aren't you? Don't forget about Jupiter Kid, will you?

No such thing as too hot, just too many clothes and too few trees. A swim in the lake seems appealing :) just ordered a new swimsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That silk robe sounds Luvlly Jubbly, Del Boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No such thing as too hot, just too many clothes and too few trees. A swim in the lake seems appealing :) just ordered a new swimsuit.

Nah disagree with this, I was built for comfort not heat. Lord I’m SWEATING, full on palpitations here. After the carry on of me last night I’m on the dry today and I literally can’t even bear to look out in the garden and the sun and all it stands for. Went for a walk earlier, have an awful pain in my bum/hip/lower back/leg but I went for a little walk to see if it will help

Went for a walk earlier, have an awful pain in my bum/hip/lower back/leg but I went for a little walk to see if it will help

That sounds like a pain in the arse. Walk yourself to an offie and see if cider will cure you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) I hope you are all having a beautiful day and enjoying this glorious weather :) The neighbours have decided that we all have to listen to their music :rolleyes: I was enjoying the birds singing :)

Anyhoo I’m off out again :)

That sounds like a pain in the arse. Walk yourself to an offie and see if cider will cure you?

Just a wee bit of vodka, no more than a litre, should fix it.

due-to-unfortunate-circumstances-im-awake-59503816.png

Just a wee bit of vodka, no more than a litre, should fix it.

It's all about moderation. Getting moderately pissed as a newt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Legit can’t face it. If you saw the giddy up of me last night you’d never encourage such behaviour, and you a church going man.

About to make dinner.

Legit can’t face it. If you saw the giddy up of me last night you’d never encourage such behaviour, and you a church going man.

About to make dinner.

Giddy up? Were you...eh...maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm loving this heat and getting in plenty of open water swimming, but my dogs are going through the grinder this week.

Ruby had two tumors removed from her mouth a few days ago, we found one early and luckily got her in, then the vet found a second but we're reassured she'll make a complete recovery.

And Richo got a little too much exercise in the heat today and got heat stroke. It was a little scary, it started with a dose of the runs, then he started to wobble like he was drunk, then collapsed. We were nearer to home than the vet, our vet is brilliant. So I rang him, Richo was still alert so he told me to bring him home, put a cold wet clothe over him and if I had a fan to use that too (I have a fan) and to ring if his condition worsens.

It was concerning for awhile, he wasn't really interested in anything happening around him but when my daughter brought home a cheese cake from Spar he jumped up lol, he's grand now :)

Though looking the worse for wear so we'll keep him inside now.

I wonder does cheese cake cure Covid-19 lol

I wonder does cheese cake cure Covid-19 lol

You could take it and I, with no cake, could be the control.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Behind a cold beer at 27 degree in the shadow.🍻😄

The kids are enjoying the water fountains at last years completely refurbished market place in Breisach, SW Germany. And the parents a cold drink in one of the coffee shops...or a real coffee plus cake.😂

I am waiting for cooler temperatures to cycle home.🚲🍨

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That looks amazing, black forest! It's a pity the planners here couldn't copy some continental style, instead of the drab streetscapes we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Outside again with another book. I aimed to read 12 books in 2020 and I finished the 12th book earlier today. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That looks amazing, black forest! It's a pity the planners here couldn't copy some continental style, instead of the drab streetscapes we have here.

Our's would attract gangs of scum with their cases of Budweiser, and well we know the rest.

Looks lovely Black Forest, I've actually never visited Germany although I've lots of German friends. I even took the time to learn German using Duolingo and my poor mates as victims.. My Swiss-German mates had an even harder time of trying to get me using high German, they're funny because they keep telling me that Germans think they sound funny using high German.

Good news on my earlier post, Richo is back to his old self :) forget flat 7-up, cheese cake from Spar is your only man :)

Outside again with another book. I aimed to read 12 books in 2020 and I finished the 12th book earlier today. :D

It's going to be boring not being able to read again until next year. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside rubbing my belly After dinner, beef fajitas, happy spehers *rubs belly* :3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Our's would attract gangs of scum with their cases of Budweiser, and well we know the rest.

Looks lovely Black Forest, I've actually never visited Germany although I've lots of German friends. I even took the time to learn German using Duolingo and my poor mates as victims.. My Swiss-German mates had an even harder time of trying to get me using high German, they're funny because they keep telling me that Germans think they sound funny using high German.

Good news on my earlier post, Richo is back to his old self :) forget flat 7-up, cheese cake from Spar is your only man :)
    Is there the equivalent of doggie diorolyte?

To thine own self be true

Probably actual dioralyte.
    The painkillers my vet gave for my dog should she display signs of pain are the same human painkillers prescribed to me.
    Antibiotics, similar story.
    Not med or veterinary advice just an observation.

In the garden hoping to stay up and see the bats swooping tonight. Sleep creeping over me. Listeningto goodold Cyndi Lauper. Time after time. Cpunting my blessings.

This time last year I had no idea what a beautiful human I had in my life. I deserved to be kicked in the face for taking him for granted. Miraculously he's still here.

Would the regular stuff be safe for a dog?

Yes there is :)

Rehydration sachets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can i go home now?

Would the regular stuff be safe for a dog?

I'd imagine it would but unsure if ratios of different electrolytes in them would be sufficient or excessive for an animal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Behind a cold beer at 27 degree in the shadow.🍻😄

The kids are enjoying the water fountains at last years completely refurbished market place in Breisach, SW Germany. And the parents a cold drink in one of the coffee shops...or a real coffee plus cake.😂

I am waiting for cooler temperatures to cycle home.🚲🍨

I miss Germany. I worked there in the mid 90s in Bielefeld and Guttersloh. Off the beaten track from todays weekend trippers. Similar summer scenes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement