Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Cutting at Weekends

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When the sun is out any kind of outdoor work and noise is fair game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Username checks out :D
    PsychoPete wrote: »
    My day starts at 6 am so I cut my grass at 8 this morning, if anyone living near didn't like it then they can feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Get to know their neighbours. If they work shift you should be able to figure out a good time to do it. It's a bit of grass, it isn't going anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

kowloon wrote: »
    Get to know their neighbours. If they work shift you should be able to figure out a good time to do it. It's a bit of grass, it isn't going anywhere.

.... except getting longer by the second :D

If they were decent neighbours they would change their hours to suit your grass cutting time

• Advertisement

PsychoPete wrote: »
    If they were decent neighbours they would change their hours to suit your grass cutting time

I didn't choose the lawn life, the lawn life chose me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,087 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I didn't choose the dawn life, the dawn life chose me.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The grass is currently waist height round my back garden. Not down to laziness mind, I'm doing it for the bees and the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

GreeBo wrote: »
    10am because someone had s hangover?

Its more just the decent thing to do, cutting the grass is a boring job anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Can our army of scratcher recipients not come over and cut the grass while us workers are out paying their way?

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Can our army of scratcher recipients not come over and cut the grass while us workers are out paying their way?

:confused:

I cut my lawn this morning, I love that feeling when your finished so you can just tower over your freshly cut and striped lawn. Magnificent and proud moment!

Stripes. Mine’s not even green any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Try smoking it !

10am because someone had s hangover? Go away and ****e outta that.
    I've been up since 6am with s kid, no one stops making noise at 9pm because I've gone to bed!

Just because you aren't let out on the sauce yourself is not a reason to throw all decency out the window. What would you do if living in the countries that make it illegal to cut grass early on weekend mornings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

On a different note , in my younger days circa 17/18 i did a bit of lawncutting but one house in particular had a pretty middlecclass couple, the husband worked in a bank and she was a housewife. mid 40s at the time . When i was finished cutting the lawn the first day i was there the wife informed me she wouldnt be paying me cash !!....i had one blissful summer but the same lady had about three of us cutting the lawn different days for a finish up...the grass couldnt grow quick enough for local young lads!....id swear shes still at it with local young lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Desperate Housewive's type scenario? Happy ending for all?

Just because you aren't let out on the sauce yourself is not a reason to throw all decency out the window. What would you do if living in the countries that make it illegal to cut grass early on weekend mornings?

Ok, now stick with me on this as it might get pretty technical....
    If if was illegal to cut grass before 10am, then I wouldnt cut the grass before 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

anewme wrote: »
    What time is acceptable to cut the grass at weekends. ?

Was going to cut it this evening but neighbours out having drinks, so will leave it till tomorrow.

Would it annoy you if neighbours cut grass at say 10am?

Its going to annoy me anytime you do it.

Ok, now stick with me on this as it might get pretty technical....
    If if was illegal to cut grass before 10am, then I wouldnt cut the grass before 10am.

The point being its obviously seen a quite an unreasonable thing to do when many countries outlaw it. Nothing worse than militant morning people thinking they are above everyone because they get up early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Its going to annoy me anytime you do it.

Not half as much as it will annoy me!

Booked a garden guy to give it a good clean and tidy and some landscaping!

Will see about getting him to call monthly to at least keep it in check. It's a nice space that I dont make the most of.

The point being its obviously seen a quite an unreasonable thing to do when many countries outlaw it. Nothing worse than militant morning people thinking they are above everyone because they get up early.

By that logic its clearly *not* seen as an unreasonable thing to do in Ireland since we *dont* have a law about it.

What countries have this law btw?

LuasSimon wrote: »
    On a different note , in my younger days circa 17/18 i did a bit of lawncutting but one house in particular had a pretty middlecclass couple, the husband worked in a bank and she was a housewife. mid 40s at the time . When i was finished cutting the lawn the first day i was there the wife informed me she wouldnt be paying me cash !!....i had one blissful summer but the same lady had about three of us cutting the lawn different days for a finish up...the grass couldnt grow quick enough for local young lads!....id swear shes still at it with local young lads
    Ice Cream !;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

blinding wrote: »
    Try smoking it !

smoke it as you cut it ;)

fryup wrote: »
    smoke it as you cut it ;)
    If it was the right stuff there would be a lot more people keen to cut it ! ! !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

anewme wrote: »
    One side sleep till 1pm or later, but that's too late for me.

Will wait till after 10.
    How do you know they're asleep?

We stay in bed until one at the weekend sometimes but we're not sleeping. Far from it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

*With Russian accent*
    At 9.45am , my ears are throbbed with engines. I was local cooperative lawnmower (residents association).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Our neighbour cuts our garden so no worries on this front.

I’m going to be considerate and not fire up my tools until midday.

• Advertisement

The Greens are going to turn that Grass to Lettuce anyway ! ! !

Advertisement