Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview the person below you III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Not tv but I've recently started dipping in to Black Mirror episodes on Netflix. I love a bit of cyberpunk and BM satisfies that.

No. ...

Favourite genre?

Drama/thriller

Do you feel like an idiot if you post late? :D

Like not refreshing page before posting. Happens to everyone. It's insignificant. Some are slower typers than others etc.

Up early tomorrow?

Today is tomorrow :D - I don't know how to refresh a page :o

Pick one:

Are you nostalgic for:

a better times
    b opportunities missed
    c what you imagined the past was like
    d not nostalgic
    e other (and why)

I guess I'm nostalgic for better times. I'm the type that daydreams about the future. I rarely think or worry about the past.

Do you think more about the past, the present or the future?

• Advertisement

The past (it's a close one though). I beat myself up about sh1t I said or done or didn't.

"I'm not on social media"(ie facebook/twatter) said many a person on boards/ youtube.
    Do you consider boards/youtube social media?

I dwell on the present and past to have a better future.

Yes I do. I waste too much time on both .

What calls on you but you think is too hard to do in your current circumstances?

To get my sh1t together and be a better person to family/friends.

Do you prefer to be mostly alone or in the company of others?

Mostly alone.

What about you?

+ 1

Has social media changed your mostly alone stance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Alone also.

What do you not like about company?

Uncomfortable regarding how I'm perceived

Do you ever repeat iq tests on tinterweb to improve on your score?

Yes

do you talk to yourself much?

Lol. Good one.

I don't. Isn't that's what social media is for...

I used to do iq tests for fun. Recommend any good ones?

Not off the top of me head. If there's no shapes involved I'm happy enough :D

There are some posters on this site that present a "persona" ie age, sex, orientation etc,,, who also start multiple threads. What are your opinions on them.... are they just trying to catch a glimpse/bead on your average poster's psyche or are they bots or are they actually genuine in your esteemed opinion?

I personally have my doubts on them (1 or 2 spring to mind). They rarely contribute to their own threads so I'd be leaning towards them being for the purposes of psychological evaluation and whatnot.

A lot of political threads on this site also,,, Do you ever feel ignorant about left/right dichotomies/manifestos when you see them threads or can you hold your own or does it bother you? (am pretty clueless myself alas~~) All bs to me :o:D

Not off the top of me head. If there's no shapes involved I'm happy enough :D

There are some posters on this site that present a "persona" ie age, sex, orientation etc,,, who also start multiple threads. What are your opinions on them.... are they just trying to catch a glimpse/bead on your average poster's psyche or are they bots or are they actually genuine in your esteemed opinion?

Who knows. I don't spend enough time thinking about them to form an opinion.

Boards is fun. There's some lovely people and some unstable people. It passes time and you might even make the odd genuine connection.

Do you really care what anyone on here thinks of you?

Who knows. I don't spend enough time thinking about them to form an opinion.

Boards is fun. There's some lovely people and some unstable people. It passes time and you might even make the odd genuine connection.

Do you really care what anyone on here thinks of you?

Not me, because they don't know me... But maybe they have somewhat of an opinion on my "nom de guerre:p",and what he posts, so on that score - yes

Do you think that reality is a cruel mistress?

Yes I do. I can't say I always thought ignorance was bliss because when I lacked the bit of self awareness that I currently have I was pretty much oblivious to the fact that I was ignorant. The real world is tough.

I've had a few beverages and I apologise for skipping my turn responding to myself,,,, :(
    It's been a somewhat "cathartic experience" regardless. Last question tonight from me coming up - which I won't answer myself :pac:

What are your opinions on them idiot celebrities (I'm thinking back in the day, nineties/early noughties) from big brother/soaps etc that would come on chatshows wearing glasses - if they didn't normally wear them - to look intelligent imo. They used to often mention "cathartic experience" type crap - as above. My own opinion is that they're bought and sold and come on these type shows to propagate the new propaganda bs. That goes for modern day moviestars/popstars etc that appear to have an agenda but are so rich they can afford to live far away from the fallout,,
    Goodnight all :)

The cruelist , without comparison.

Our reality is resultant of our experience and in nearly all cases of our upbringing and culture.
    Experience reinforces our state of being.
    It's so strong that we, more than often not, are unable or refuse to look beyond it, to the detriment of ourselves and everything else. Because it's all we've learned.

Is this not why people are hostile to change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Yeah

Last book you read?

I am currently reading 'The Science Delusion' by Rupert Sheldrake..

Do you think scientists are delusional?

I am currently reading 'The Science Delusion' by Rupert Sheldrake..

Do you think scientists are delusional?

No and Sheldrake doesn't either.

Do you believe in God?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

No and Sheldrake doesn't either.

Do you believe in God?

Just reread Lanza's Biocentrism, now he is a renowned scientist.

whilst not advocating the existence of a God he concludes there are too many coincidences to have happened to support human life on Earth and that something created it

Was that the short answer you were looking for?

Well it's good enough for me.

Which gets you down more: rainy days or sundays?

Neither get me down. Rainy days are good for the land. Sundays are good for a rest.

Do you know any RNLI crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Yes! Those lads are amazing.

Did you ever take the boat to France?

I have it's a great way to travel.

Will you take a summer holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

I have West Cork booked for three nights, and I might go to Galway and Donegal to play some golf, that'll be me I think

Any holidays planned?

• Advertisement

Similar I’ve west cork for a week in august and might do a bit of the wild Atlantic way again.

Do you enjoy holidaying in Ireland ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement